AWRM
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Survival & Preparedness
03/28/2024 01:00 AM
Honestly, whenever I'm driving or walking across a bridge, I very seldom think about the bridge collapsing, but I'm pretty sure I know what to do if it did. Whether that would be enough for me to survive is another question.

Onward and upward,
airforce
1 6 Read More
UPN: United Patriot Network
03/27/2024 10:33 PM

0 3 Read More
03/27/2024 02:24 PM
This crap only happens because the people allow it.
12 72 Read More
03/26/2024 06:07 PM
Britain is demanding greater protections for Assange before they allow him to be extradited to the U.S. That includes full First Amendment protection.

Yesterday, Britain's High Court ruled that WikiLeaks publisher Julian Assange—who stands accused of violating the Espionage Act due to his 2010 decision to publish classified documents leaked by whistleblower Chelsea Manning that revealed disturbing U.S. military actions—cannot be extradited to the United States until greater assurances are provided about how he will be treated in custody and at trial, including receiving First Amendment protections.

The court gave U.S. authorities three weeks to provide assurances that Assange "is permitted to rely on the First Amendment to the United States Constitution…that he is not prejudiced at trial (including sentence) by reason of his nationality, that he is afforded the same First Amendment protections as a United States citizen and that the death penalty is not imposed."

This decision had been anxiously awaited by Assange-watchers, given that he is very close to the end of the road, in terms of appeals, within the British court system.

The U.S. has until May 20 to provide these assurances to the British High Court; if they are not satisfactory, he will receive a full appeal hearing in the U.K. Concurrently, Assange's legal team is seeking an appeal with the European Court of Human Rights, which could possibly delay extradition further.

In other words, his fate remains uncertain, but this move by the British court is a decidedly good one. For more on Assange's case, watch this episode of my show, Just Asking Questions, in which Zach Weissmueller and I interviewed Julian's wife, Stella (who also happens to be an attorney who has worked on his case).

Onward and upward,
airforce
10 246 Read More
03/26/2024 02:00 AM
Anyone remember when obongo and hit!ery supported isis during the Arab spring? Isis may have done the deed but I'll bet on where the marching orders came from.
5 34 Read More
03/24/2024 09:57 PM

4 150 Read More
©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.