Forums

FBI Posed as Filmmakers to Infiltrate Bundy Supporters

Posted By: ConSigCor

FBI Posed as Filmmakers to Infiltrate Bundy Supporters - 03/26/2017 02:17 AM

FBI Posed as Filmmakers to Infiltrate Bundy Supporters

FBI sting creates chilling effect on free speech

Jamie White | Infowars.com - March 24, 2017

Undercover FBI agents disguised as documentary filmmakers went to Nevada in 2014 to interview supporters of Cliven Bundy during their armed standoff with the government, says FBI Special Agent Charles Johnson.

Testifying on the government’s behalf in its case against two supporters, Johnson told jurors Wednesday how the bureau used a fake film crew to gather statements during the standoff, reported the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

The videos were then played in court during Johnson’s testimony, showing jurors the defendant’s mindset during the standoff.

Scott Drexler, one of Bundy’s supporters standing trial, told the bogus filmmakers that he traveled from Idaho to Bunkerville ranch when he learned about protests being waged against the Bureau of Land Management after its agents tried to seize cattle from Mr. Bundy following a legal land dispute.

“What I was looking for was just a show of support…it seems as if when there are armed people around a situation, then the authorities have to be a little more civil, have to treat you like a person,” Drexler said on camera. “If nobody is facing any kind of consequences for their actions, they can just do whatever they want.”

When asked by prosecutors what the protesters’ objective was, Drexler replied that “it was just a show of force.”

Eric Parker, the other Bundy supporter on trial who traveled with Drexler to the ranch, made similar comments in the bogus FBI sting “documentary.”

“I want to stand for the Constitution…I don’t think you have to be in a militia for that,” Parker said. “The goal was peaceful end.”

The government is expected to call one more witness before resting its case against these two defendants.

The situation began in April 2014 when the BLM began impounding rancher Cliven Bundy’s cattle following a government order that Bundy pay $1 million in withheld grazing fees for use of federal lands near his Nevada ranch.

An armed standoff between Bundy and his supporters and the BLM followed, ending with the BLM finally releasing Bundy’s cattle.
Posted By: airforce

Re: FBI Posed as Filmmakers to Infiltrate Bundy Supporters - 03/26/2017 08:47 AM

Government agents can't disguise themselves as lawyers, or as members of the clergy. Be suspicious of everyone else. And I'd be cautious with them.

Onward and upward,
airforce
Posted By: Breacher

Re: FBI Posed as Filmmakers to Infiltrate Bundy Supporters - 03/26/2017 09:21 AM

Originally posted by airforce:
Government agents can't disguise themselves as lawyers, or as members of the clergy. Be suspicious of everyone else. And I'd be cautious with them.

Onward and upward,
airforce
That's been out the window for a while. Now they do it, but it's just not admissible in court. Another line that gets crossed is false flagging for another agency.

Some of the Arizona guys got busted in a situation where they had been led to believe they were being recruited for a Phoenix Force style black ops operation against a cartel. Their FBI contact developed enough trust with them to transition from recon operations to an elaborate hit on a ranch bein used as a cartel safehouse. This was supposedly going to have a major, cash, weapons, and dope stash on site. The mission being to go dark with a cover story to friends and family which would account for a few days of being out of circulation. Conduct recon and raid on the compound, terminate all opposition, commandeer all desired assets and then reconnect with the handler once the mission was complete.

They agreed to the mission but apparently also agreed to resell confiscated narcotics, which in turn would make it appear to be just another dope robbery in the eyes of the law if caught. When they showed up for the "raid" they ran headlong into an FBI SWAT unit that was waiting for them. They quickly and eagerly surrendered, thinking it was just an impressively elaborate training exercise, or had been set up by a corrupt agent working for the cartel and higher ups would figure it out and get them out of trouble. They are all in federal custody where the tanks controlled by the same cartels they thought they were going to rob.

That's the faction which was most friendly to Ritzheimers group. The ones unfriendly to them were Mcconnels group. Apparently the unlawful raid on the narco safehouse was one of the various propositions the Feds were putting people through out there. Like some quasi psychological stuff on the group mentality.

My read on this is that when they brought Mcconnels group in, and Bundy went for a dialogue with the FBI, they were trying to integrate that group while everybody knew they were trying to get along diplomatically with the Feds while pursuing the issue with the BLM land grabs and the records supposedly held at Malheur.
Posted By: airforce

Re: FBI Posed as Filmmakers to Infiltrate Bundy Supporters - 03/26/2017 09:53 AM

Originally posted by Breacher:
...Now they do it, but it's just not admissible in court....
Yeah, I know, I should have worded it differently.

Onward and upward,
airforce
Posted By: Breacher

Re: FBI Posed as Filmmakers to Infiltrate Bundy Supporters - 03/26/2017 10:22 AM

I read case law on this in a few cases where state level cops had impersonated the FBI in order to get defendants to disregard their attorneys and not pursue a legal defense because they had a big cooperation deal pending that would get them off their current charge. They were led to believe that their resolution was imminent, but they were convicted instead. In the appeals case, it came out that the "FBI agents" we're detectives from a nearby town who were in charge of working various games and ruses against jail inmates while functioning in support of any criminal case where the prosecution had run into a snag. In that case, the defendant had confessed to the crime in front of the "agents" as part of what he was led to believe was going to be part of a cooperation deal. What killed it for the whole thing was a recorded phone call where another detective had called while posing as the federally appointed attorney and urged the defendant to not fight his charges because the resolution was imminent and he would be needed in federal court.
Posted By: ConSigCor

Re: FBI Posed as Filmmakers to Infiltrate Bundy Supporters - 03/26/2017 10:57 AM

This reinforces what I keep saying.

Operate locally and only operate with known locals.
© 2024 A WELL REGULATED MILITIA