Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: #172
11/26/2009 08:06 AM
11/26/2009 08:06 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Washington's 1789 Thanksgiving Day Proclamation:

WHEREAS it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favour; and Whereas both Houses of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me "to recommend to the people of the United States a DAY OF PUBLICK THANSGIVING and PRAYER, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness:"

NOW THEREFORE, I do recommend and assign THURSDAY, the TWENTY-SIXTH DAY of NOVEMBER next, to be devoted by the people of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be; that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country previous to their becoming a nation; for the signal and manifold mercies and the favorable interpositions of His providence in the course and conclusion of the late war; for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed;-- for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enable to establish Constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national one now lately instituted;-- for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge;-- and, in general, for all the great and various favours which He has been pleased to confer upon us.

And also, that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions;-- to enable us all, whether in publick or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually; to render our National Government a blessing to all the people by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed; to protect and guide all sovereigns and nations (especially such as have shewn kindness unto us); and to bless them with good governments, peace, and concord; to promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us; and, generally to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as he alone knows to be best.

GIVEN under my hand, at the city of New-York, the third day of October, in the year of our Lord, one thousand seven hundred and eighty-nine.

(signed) G. Washington

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: #173
11/26/2009 08:37 AM
11/26/2009 08:37 AM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
Thanks ConSigCor for putting today into perspective

Happy Thanksgiving

Greywolf

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: #174
11/29/2009 03:39 AM
11/29/2009 03:39 AM
Virginia
F
FrSmoke Offline
FrSmoke  Offline
F
Virginia
And from that we should continue to pray and be thankful each and every hour of every day for the time we do have left to pray, train, prepare and pray!

thanks
cool

Foxtrot Romeo
A Patriot of Virginia
May God be praised!

Pray, Train, Train, Prepare, and Pray and continue to Pray!!
Re: Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: #175
11/28/2013 05:49 AM
11/28/2013 05:49 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Thanksgiving and the Blessings of Liberty

Charles Scaliger
New American
November 28, 2013

Although many holidays have broad international appeal, Thanksgiving — arguably America’s second-favorite holiday after Christmas — is celebrated only in the United States and Canada (Canadian Thanksgiving is the second Monday in October). What originated as a sort of harvest festival among British colonists in the New World has taken on a life of its own. No longer is Thanksgiving a mere celebration of the harvest (a ritual found in many cultures); it has become a symbol of the oft-neglected virtue of gratitude.

In hindsight, it is not surprising that a day consecrated to gratitude for the blessings of Providence should have arisen among the predominantly pious, hard-pressed early American colonists. Most of them had chosen the austerities of life in the American colonies over the drab certainties of the stratified Old World. Here there were no manorial lords to provide lodging, substance, and protection, and no ossified aristocracy to perpetuate the feudalism of their ancestors.

Compared with much of Europe, the climate in the northern colonies was severe and the risks great. Many of the people who chose the hazards of the New World did so because they wanted freedom — religious, economic, and political — more than they wanted the security afforded by European governments.

Such people, bereft of material things, were more apt than others to rely on Providence and to express gratitude for every harvest, hunt, and fishing haul. On the frontier, there were neither safety nets nor other contrivances of government that tend to obscure man’s dependence on powers higher than himself.

Centuries later, many of us have become more akin to the Old World urbanites our ancestors left behind than we would care to admit. Like the citizens of the great cities of old Europe — London, Amsterdam, Paris, Florence, and all the rest — we are surrounded by luxuries, wealth, and modes of entertainment unimaginable to the old frontiersmen, and even to millions of the world’s poor who even now have never seen a DVD player or a BMW. Many of us have only a vague notion of where many of the things that sustain us — the food that crams our grocery stores, for example — even come from.

Fewer still comprehend the reason for the abundance we now enjoy. The wellspring of our prosperity is our freedom, which a gracious Creator has permitted us to enjoy for a season. Our miraculous technological advances, our ability to produce a superabundance of food, our constantly rising standard of living, our medicine, and our ever-lengthening lifespan, among many other things, stem from the freedom that we have to make our own choices and develop our talents as we see fit.

It is no accident that the nations where liberty was first discovered in the modern era — Great Britain, Holland, parts of Italy, Switzerland, Canada, and the United States — were also the first to discover the principle of progress. Innovation in finance and investment in Italy and Holland created the conditions for the modern growth of capital investment. Innovation in mechanized and large-scale production — the Industrial Revolution — started in Holland and England and was improved many fold in the early American republic. The great discoveries in science and medicine all came from the freer portions of Europe and from America. And all of it happened because of the gift of liberty that our forefathers gave us.

Among the many things for which we should be thankful, then, liberty is one of the very most important. It is liberty that allows us to live lifestyles unimagined a few centuries or even decades ago. Without liberty, our lives would be pallid and impoverished, our growth stunted, our existence truly “solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short.” This Thanksgiving Day, amid the concerns of our time (and they are many), let us give thanks for our liberty, and pray that our children’s children will be able to do the same.

This article was originally posted on November 25, 2010.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: #176
11/26/2015 02:56 AM
11/26/2015 02:56 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
It's hard to believe another year has come and gone.

While most amerikan's stuff their face, watch the game or go on a shopping binge; we should take time to look around at all the things we have to be thankful for. And, remember that it all could evaporate in a second.

Re: Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: #177
11/26/2015 04:12 AM
11/26/2015 04:12 AM
Wv
L
LarrySmith1980 Offline
LarrySmith1980  Offline
L
Wv
All the above very well thought out and written. I agree!

Never use Google again.....https://startpage.com/eng/?
Re: Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: #178
11/26/2015 08:00 AM
11/26/2015 08:00 AM
Tyler County, TX
T
Texas Resistance Offline
Texas Resistance  Offline
T
Tyler County, TX
We are having a Thanks Giving Weekend FTX this Saturday just for the hard core patriots who would show up to fight for freedom. I know that if we ever have to fight the invading Chi-Coms or UN gun confiscation thugs a lot of so called patriots will stay home mistakenly thinking they can protect their wives when they should be sent to stay with relatives or friends instead. Some will foolishly bring wives with them and get take out quickly. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition. Freedom is not free.

www.TexasMilitia.Info Seek out and join a lawful Militia or form one in your area. If you wish to remain Free you will have to fight for it...because the traitors will give us no choice in the matter--William Cooper
Re: Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: #179
11/28/2015 07:35 AM
11/28/2015 07:35 AM
Fargo, North Dakota
D
Derek Spencer Emmons Offline
Derek Spencer Emmons  Offline
D
Fargo, North Dakota
Just want to say hello to everyone who is still awake out there in Freedom Land. I am new to the website here so please allow me to introduce myself.
I am a truck driver from North Dakota who loves the Lord and goes to church every Sunday. I hate what is happening to America, and I long for continued prosperity and a society which "holds these truths to be self evident" that we were made in the image of God.
If we don't value these truths and pass them on to the next generation, who will? A Christian heritage is one that must be protected as well as preached.

Derek Emmons
Re: Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: #180
11/28/2015 08:02 AM
11/28/2015 08:02 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Welcome aboard, Derek! You'll find a lot of like-minded people here, we hope you like it. Our discussions may gt somewhat heated at times, but don't let it bother you. Feel free to speak your mind, we're all friends here. smile

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: #181
11/22/2017 04:29 AM
11/22/2017 04:29 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

If you have your health, family and friends, a roof over your head and food on the table be thankful. We never know when all those things could be gone in a flash.

Re: Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: #182
11/22/2017 07:11 AM
11/22/2017 07:11 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa

Re: Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: #183
11/22/2017 04:39 PM
11/22/2017 04:39 PM
Georgia
D
discollector Offline
discollector  Offline
D
Georgia
Happy Thanksgiving

For God and country
Re: Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: #184
11/23/2017 12:19 AM
11/23/2017 12:19 AM
South-central Colorado
D
Ducttape Offline
Ducttape  Offline
D
South-central Colorado
As we gather today with our loved ones and friends to celebrate this day of Thanksgiving, let us not forget to praise and bless our Creator for this special day. A day in which we thank Him for seeing us through this year so far and to enjoy the bounty set before us, be it a feast fit for a King or a Turkey sandwich given freely by one stranger to another, from one Brother who has to another Brother who has lost everything.

Let us always remember what Alfred Henry Lewis stated back in 1901, “There are only nine meals between mankind and anarchy.”
This meal ,this blessed feast set before us respectively could very well be one of those meals, it could be the very last time that we are in the company that we are, on this day of days.
This truly is a day to be thankful for.

Let us pray from the Book of Psalms , chapter 100, verse 1-5
A Psalm of thanksgiving. Shout unto HaShem, all the earth.
Serve HaShem with gladness; come before His presence with singing.
Know ye that HaShem He is G-d; it is He that hath made us, and we our His, His people, and the flock of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise; give thanks unto Him, and bless His name.
For HaShem is good; His mercy endureth for ever; and His faithfulness unto all generations.

AMEN !!!

My Daddy is like duct tape, he can fix almost anything.

A quote from my youngest daughter at 4yrs old, many years ago.
Re: Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: #185
11/23/2017 01:50 AM
11/23/2017 01:50 AM
Somewhere in these blue ridged...
The Answer Offline
The Answer  Offline
Somewhere in these blue ridged...
Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Semper Vigilantes, Numquam Exspectantes

Always Watching, Never Waiting
Re: Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: #186
11/23/2017 09:46 AM
11/23/2017 09:46 AM
Omaha Nebraska
Huskerpatriot Offline
Huskerpatriot  Offline
Omaha Nebraska
Happy Thanksgiving Patriots!

"Government at its best is a necessary evil, and at it’s worst, an intolerable one."
 Thomas Paine (from "Common Sense" 1776)
Re: Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: [Re: ConSigCor] #168724
11/22/2018 07:28 PM
11/22/2018 07:28 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Re: Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: [Re: ConSigCor] #168732
11/23/2018 09:04 PM
11/23/2018 09:04 PM
Tennessee
Hawk45 Offline
Moderator Officer Contributor
Hawk45  Offline
Tennessee
VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING as my Daughter told me over our dinner I am going to be a Grandfather!

Bought it, its first rifle and case of ammo today!

Re: Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: [Re: ConSigCor] #168745
11/25/2018 08:05 PM
11/25/2018 08:05 PM
West
Archangel1 Offline
Archangel1  Offline
West
Congrats Grandpa!

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always Bad Men." Lord Actin 1887

I fear we live in evil times...
Re: Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: [Re: ConSigCor] #171840
11/27/2019 01:35 PM
11/27/2019 01:35 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

Re: Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: [Re: ConSigCor] #171853
11/28/2019 02:16 PM
11/28/2019 02:16 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Old farts out there will see the significance of this. From the Nov. 29, 1965, edition of The Berkshire Eagle.

[Linked Image]

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: [Re: ConSigCor] #171858
11/28/2019 03:54 PM
11/28/2019 03:54 PM
Tennessee
Hawk45 Offline
Hawk45  Offline
Tennessee
Arlo Guthrie is an excellent example of a post birth abortion that should have been performed. I do not like his singing either if can be called that.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Re: Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: [Re: ConSigCor] #171859
11/28/2019 04:53 PM
11/28/2019 04:53 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Well, he sings better than Bob Dylan. laugh

He was pretty much a typical "hippie" in his youth. I'm not real sure what his politics are these days, but he was a registered Republican a few years ago, and supported Ron Paul, which makes him a fairly decent guy in my book. And definitely better than his father.

One thing you can say about him, he's never pretended to be something he isn't. There aren't too many folks in show biz who can say that.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Thanksgiving Day Proclamation: [Re: ConSigCor] #171863
11/29/2019 03:56 AM
11/29/2019 03:56 AM
UK
D
Doug1943 Offline
Doug1943  Offline
D
UK
People reading this thread may be interested in how Thanksgiving was celebrated across the ocean, in the mother-country from which the original settlers came.

Last night, ten people -- seven Brits, two Americans, and a Swede -- gathered for a Thanksgiving dinner at my home. (It's an American holiday that seems to be looked on very favorably by British people, and so it should be, since it was started by them.)

Almost everyone brought a dish, or helped in some other way. My wife cooked the turkey and organized the whole thing, a remarkable achievement, since at the moment she is also running a four-day Open Studio in our home to raise money for a medical charity, Kids Kidney Research. This involves several days' work beforehand -- doing publicity, cleaning the house from top to bottom, placing and labelling all of her paintings -- and then requires full-time attention for eight hours to all the visitors who will come, walk around the house, take tea and coffee and cakes, and, hopefully, donate to the cause.

So she did all this AND organized a Thanksgiving meal. I sometimes joke that she could have organized D-Day. (I believe women can multi-task better than men. Although I believe women in front-line mixed combat units is a bad idea, probably having some of them planning and running the battles would not be a bad idea.)

We have a naitonal election coming up in two weeks, and so dinner conversation was naturally partially about that. In two weeks the UK could have as Prime Minister a man who is openly a friend of the IRA and Hamas, a partisan of conspiracy theories which see Israel as behind Islamic terrorists in the Sinai, and who, as all Leftists do, hates America.

In general, the mood among us was more subdued than usual, at least when the conversation turned from the personal to the political. The same cultural cancer that is well on its way to destroying America is also at work here in the UK and on the Continent.

One thought: A future new and renewed American Republic, however it comes about, and whatever its geographic extent, could expect a flood of refugees from this side of the Atlantic, fleeing what will be happening in what was the heart of Western civilization.

Take them in! They would be model ctiizens, like the freedom-loving people who fled from Eastern Europe when the Communists took over.

And they would take part in American Thanksgiving in their new home with special fervor.

Last edited by Doug1943; 11/29/2019 04:00 AM.

You can get a lot further in life with a kind word and a gun, than you can with a kind word alone.
Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage, against the dying of the light.

Moderated by  ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.org, and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2018 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.