Print Thread
Board Notice #202
11/13/2011 01:31 PM
11/13/2011 01:31 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
AWRM has a new home page that will soon become our public face. There is a lot of new and updated information. Check out the new look here. http://awrm.webs.com/

We also now have our own news service. United Patriot Network is here, http://upnn.webs.com/
UPN will focus on news from our perspective rather than just regurgitating the mainstream’s crap. It will eventually replace the news and political forums here.

Both of these sites will be updated on a regular basis and will soon be the only part of AWRM that is viewable by the public.

Both websites will allow you to watch “videos on demand” by accessing our video file library. As time permits we will be adding many new training and preparedness videos to this collection. So stay tuned. We are also hosting full length educational films in the UPN video library. Click the "video" link at the top of the page to access them.

You can access our new chat room feature by clicking the chat link at the bottom of the UPN screen.

ASAP the main message board will be rebuilt from scratch. The new board will be private and no longer have a news or political forum. It will solely focus on solutions to problems...things that must be overcome.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Board Notice #203
11/13/2011 02:22 PM
11/13/2011 02:22 PM
Eastern NC
HARBINGER Offline
HARBINGER  Offline
Eastern NC
Do we have to register on new site?

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm, CXLIV
Re: Board Notice #204
11/13/2011 03:19 PM
11/13/2011 03:19 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Originally posted by HARBINGER:
No. All of it can be read by everyone.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Board Notice #205
11/13/2011 04:17 PM
11/13/2011 04:17 PM
Somewhere in these blue ridged...
The Answer Offline
The Answer  Offline
Somewhere in these blue ridged...
Thanks for the info...sounds like good stuff.

Thanks to you guys that keep this place going.

Semper Vigilantes, Numquam Exspectantes

Always Watching, Never Waiting
Re: Board Notice #206
11/13/2011 07:57 PM
11/13/2011 07:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally posted by HARBINGER:
Apparently so.At least I was required to register @ http://awrm.webs.com/ .The same username/login worked @ http://upnn.webs.com/ .

Re: Board Notice #207
11/14/2011 04:11 AM
11/14/2011 04:11 AM
Vermont
T
Tapper Offline
Tapper  Offline
T
Vermont
Originally posted by ConSigCor:
The new board will be private and no longer have a news or political forum. It will solely focus on solutions to problems...things that must be overcome.
How will membership be obtained?

It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government. - Thomas Paine (1737-1809)
Re: Board Notice #208
11/14/2011 04:25 AM
11/14/2011 04:25 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Lurkers will not be able to view the new message board. Those who are already registered will have to do nothing. Just log in.

Re: Board Notice #209
11/14/2011 05:46 AM
11/14/2011 05:46 AM
West Virginia
T
Tobor Offline
Tobor  Offline
T
West Virginia
got this when i tried to log in to the new place and this is the email listed on my profile

No account exists with the email address tobor@myway.com. Click here to sign up.

We've been fighting for a long time. We are outnumbered by the machines who are working around the clock, without quit. Humans have a strength that can not be measured. This is John Connor. If you are listening to this, you are the resistance."
Re: Board Notice #210
11/14/2011 06:55 AM
11/14/2011 06:55 AM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
ConSigCor

I also was not able to login and I had to register and I had to attempt to register more then once. So that now makes four members who had to re register.

I little later I will have more to say about the new site.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: Board Notice #211
11/14/2011 08:02 AM
11/14/2011 08:02 AM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
These are my thoughts on the new site.

I like that the owner wants to keep improving AWRM, but change is not always for the better.

It does look a lot better in the way it is set up then the current site, but there are a lot of things I do not like.

First thing is AWRM is moving from it own domain to a sub-domain at webs.com which I would never do. By being a sub-domain the administration loses some of it's control over the site, unless the owner of AWRM actually owns web.com.

Also it looks a lot more serious and professional to have your own domain like awrm.org then to be a sub-domain on someone else's domain and it is even worse since webs.com is a site to build and have a Free Site on a sub-domain.

I also would not have a site where only logged in users could view any of the posts. It is one thing to have some private forums and another to have 100% of the board private.

If I had to register just to view the forums I would never have joined since I like to see what I am getting into before I join a site.

I would not be happy if I joined a site thinking it was one thing and found out after I joined that it was something totally different.

If I thought I was joining a Christian Patriot site and after I registered and they had my email etc I found out it was actually a Skin Head hate site I would be very ticked off. Now the FBI would have me on their Skin Head list.

Another thing, there is a lot of information in the forums that every Patriot should be able to view and not have to be registered to view it.

There are a lot of reasons that someone would not want to join a board even a Militia Board other then what I already posted.

Some Patriots do not want to join due to being added to the Government's list of members. The truth is being an actual Freedom Fighter who actually is going to Fight is a lot harder if the Enemy knows who you are.

There are a lot small Militia Groups in my State, that the Enemy does not know about and these groups want to keep it that way.

This is the same as all the good information at Frugals that can't been seen unless you are a registered member.

Which forums are going to be on the new site and which will not?

Is there going to be a Constitutional Discussion and what about the Weapons forums?

And what about all the old topics and posts?

And what about the Member Numbers, will they stay the same, like will my Number still be 168 or will it be according to when you register on the New Sites.

I will take a guess that AWRM.org will not be permitted to expire but will there be anything on that domain or will it all be deleted.

I used to work with with friends who owned and trained Race Horses and one rule was never change any equipment or how a horse was being fed and trained as long as the horse was winning. And I feel that the changes that are being made to AWRM is messing with something that works.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: Board Notice #212
11/14/2011 10:33 AM
11/14/2011 10:33 AM
Eastern NC
HARBINGER Offline
HARBINGER  Offline
Eastern NC
I had to register on new site too. I kinda got a Facebook feeling after looking around. It is well done but I must agree with Sniper on this one if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm, CXLIV
Re: Board Notice #213
11/14/2011 11:27 AM
11/14/2011 11:27 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
AWRM's main website is so out of date it's obsolete. That is why the original http://www.awrm.org is being replaced with http://awrm.webs.com/

When you go to the new main site you will see several sub pages.

Militia Information
AWRM Basic Manual
NMS
Videos
Resources (Links page)
Discussion Forum (This link takes you here.)
United Patriot News
SitReps / Announcements
Donate - Support

All of these new pages are viewable by anyone. You do not have to register and login to the new page to see all of it. Some of you are confusing the new main page with this message board. The message board is still the same and you do not have to do anything different to gain access to it.

First thing is AWRM is moving from it own domain to a sub-domain at webs.com which I would never do. By being a sub-domain the administration loses some of it's control over the site, unless the owner of AWRM actually owns web.com.
No we are not moving away from our own domain nor are we "losing control". It's called diversification or not putting all of your eggs in one basket. As things now stand all they have to do is shut down one server or our domain and poof it's is ALL gone. So we're spreading the love so to speak. If you had read the announcements page on the new site you might understand more.

Also it looks a lot more serious and professional to have your own domain like awrm.org then to be a sub-domain on someone else's domain and it is even worse since webs.com is a site to build and have a Free Site on a sub-domain.
It will not be a free site for long and our domain will still be in place.

I feel that the changes that are being made to AWRM is messing with something that works.
No it does NOT work. The software is so out of date that it is almost non functional. I look for a major crash at any time.

Last time I tied to allow new member registrations we received over 3200 spammers in 3 days.

Webmasters email is hacked and non functional.

Control panel is very buggy.

Several security issues can not be corrected with the old software.

The last notice I received from the software developer, they wanted over $600 to upgrade. Since then they've went out of business. Some folks have attempted to migrate the old board over to a new one and discovered that our software is so obsolete that it isn't possible without a huge investment in time and effort. Basically, it's not worth the effort.

Some of the changes youall will be seeing in the near future are interim measures until an entirely new board can be built from scratch.

Now, for the lurker questions...

The new main site will contain all the information the public needs to understand what we are about. If they want to know more they need to participate.

If you are connected to the internet, they already know who and where you are. So if they're to paranoid to join...they are to paranoid to participate.

Re: Board Notice #214
11/20/2011 06:04 PM
11/20/2011 06:04 PM
OKC
O
Old Warrior Offline
Old Warrior  Offline
O
OKC
I had to re-register too, the system didn't know me from Jack. No problem, I used the same name and password.

Rock on.

Old Warrior
Re: Board Notice #215
11/22/2011 05:45 AM
11/22/2011 05:45 AM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
very nice site CSC

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: Board Notice #216
12/06/2011 11:51 AM
12/06/2011 11:51 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
UPDATE:

The message board here is now in a semi lockdown mode. You will have to register and log in to see the board. Lurkers and the drive by media can no longer view it.

Also, due to the more than 300 fake/spam registrations I receive every day, I've had to ban several email addys including gmail.

Re: Board Notice #217
12/06/2011 11:45 PM
12/06/2011 11:45 PM
A 127 Btn 10 FF
L
Leo Offline
Leo  Offline
L
A 127 Btn 10 FF
I think its long over due. Great idea and glad to see some very minor security.

Leo out

Fight the fight, Endure to win!
Re: Board Notice #218
12/07/2011 01:16 AM
12/07/2011 01:16 AM
Georgia
B
bountyhunter26 Offline
bountyhunter26  Offline
B
Georgia
I didnt have a problem getting on here with my original password. I rarely post but there is so much good info on here. At the gamilitia page we are currently undergoing some changes and we had to go to another server also that would allow us to expand.

Watch your six!!
Re: Board Notice #219
12/07/2011 09:59 AM
12/07/2011 09:59 AM
USA
P
PatriotAgent Offline
PatriotAgent  Offline
P
USA
About time. Too many rubber neckers.

LIFE, LIBERTY, THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. FAITH,FAMILY,COUNTRY. THE THINGS THAT MATTER.
Re: Board Notice #220
12/15/2011 06:16 AM
12/15/2011 06:16 AM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
CSC, I have noticed that if your not logged into the old AWRM site you can't go to the forums section. But when I am on the site logged, we have guests.

These must be members who have cloaked their visits, right.

We no longer have lurkers, or am I mistaken and it is just a glitch requiring everyone to log on to set to forum section. If not it is a good idea to require all visitor to certain areas to log in to more sensitive areas.

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: Board Notice #221
12/16/2012 02:41 PM
12/16/2012 02:41 PM
South East
S
Sandman369 Offline
Sandman369  Offline
S
South East
New site looks good, will get set up on there. Thanks.

CPT David C
Commanding Officer
Ohio Valley Minutemen

'“A people that values its privileges above its principles, soon loses both.”
Dwight Eisenhower.
http://ovmcpg.blogspot.com/

Moderated by  ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.org, and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2018 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.