Print Thread
Feinstein to eliminate protections for alternative media #156646
09/15/2013 04:20 AM
09/15/2013 04:20 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Dianne Feinstein trying to eliminate protections for alternative media with amended ‘Free Flow of Information Act’

Ethan A. Huff
Natural News
September 15, 2013

In response to growing public dissent against the federal occupying powers, Senator Charles Schumer (D-NY) has sponsored a bill known as S. 987, or the Free Flow of Information Act of 2013, which will purportedly protect news reporters from being harassed or otherwise maliciously compelled by the federal government to disclose information about their private sources — this is, after all, how honest media outlets are able to keep the government in check and act as whistleblowers when necessary to shine the light on corruption. But Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) has successfully added an amendment to this Trojan Horse bill that strips these protections from the alternative media and others she deems as not being “real reporters.”

The online free speech and privacy group Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) notified the world about Sen. Feinstein’s initial attempts to shred the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution as it pertains to honest media members back in August. In a report entitled “Why Sen. Feinstein Is Wrong About Who’s a ‘Real Reporter,’” EFF explained how Feinstein was pushing for an amendment to S. 987 that would limit freedom of the press protections only to “regular” journalists, at the exclusion of independent journalists, citizen journalists and others who do not meet her accepted criteria.

“Her amendment … not only retains the problematic requirement that a person ‘regularly’ engage in journalism to enjoy shield law protections, but moreover adds new requirements that would make it especially difficult for self-publishers such as independent bloggers and citizen journalists to be protected under the law,” writes Morgan Weiland for EFF. “Indeed, her new requirements for being either salaried or at least affiliated with a news ‘entity’ seem to purposefully target these self-publishers.”

Feinstein’s legacy of treason against America is extensive and perpetual

This is hardly surprising, as the targets of Feinstein’s discrimination are among the only legitimate journalists, at least in the U.S., still willing to call her and other traitors out for their treasonous actions against American citizens. Feinstein, after all, is the same tenured senator who has repeatedly pushed to confiscate people’s firearms and put unconstitutional restrictions on ammunition purchases, for instance, not to mention her ongoing role as co-conspirator in destroying American patriot and hero Edward Snowden.

It is no wonder, in light of all this, that Feinstein is now aggressively working towards censoring those who have enough gall to actually call her out publicly for her longstanding legacy of violating her oath of office and betraying the American people, even when doing so could get them labeled as a dissenter or even a “terrorist.” And Feinstein is further showing her true colors right now by trying to stamp out the only beacon of truth that remains — independent journalism.

“Feinstein’s amendment effectively advances a traditional vision of journalism through the three definitions of journalist that it provides, each of which requires that a person be affiliated with a journalistic ‘entity’ or institution (including news websites and other digital news services, and other periodicals distributed digitally),” adds Weiland, noting that none of the vague terms in Feinstein’s amendment are properly defined.

“The very fact that developing a crisp, clear definition of journalist is difficult should signal to Congress that it might not be equipped to wade into the uncharted waters of deciding who is a journalist. But it’s a problem that Congress can easily avoid by linking shield law protections to the act of journalism, not the definition of who is a journalist,” concludes Weiland.

Be sure to read the entire EFF analysis of Feinstein’s egregious amendment here:
www.eff.org

The Dissenter has also put together a more recent analysis of the newly-amended S. 987, which explains why this so-called “shield” law is a recipe for disaster:
http://dissenter.firedoglake.com

Sources for this article include:

www.eff.org

http://www.govtrack.us

http://www.blacklistednews.com

http://dissenter.firedoglake.com

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Feinstein to eliminate protections for alternative media #156647
09/15/2013 04:32 AM
09/15/2013 04:32 AM
West
Archangel1 Offline
Archangel1  Offline
West
If Feinstein is violating "The People's" constitutional rights by proposing unconstitutional criminal laws, why can't the People sue Feinstein personally? Those outside of California can't remove her from office but they have to live with her stupidity.

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always Bad Men." Lord Actin 1887

I fear we live in evil times...
Re: Feinstein to eliminate protections for alternative media #156648
09/15/2013 05:22 AM
09/15/2013 05:22 AM
High Desert
D308cat Offline
D308cat  Offline
High Desert
We need a Patriot Plumber to FLUSH THAT TURD, It has been plugging that Toilet for far to long.

PSALM 144:01 Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle---
Re: Feinstein to eliminate protections for alternative media #156649
09/15/2013 05:35 AM
09/15/2013 05:35 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
For what it's worth, the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) has really taken the lead on this subject. The Surveillance Self-Defense Project , in particular, is well worth a read for everyone here. If you have a couple bucks, it wouldn't hurt to help them pout a little. (And yes, you can donate with Bitcoin.)

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Feinstein to eliminate protections for alternative media #156650
09/19/2013 06:58 PM
09/19/2013 06:58 PM
Philistine Occupied CA
I
Imagrunt Offline
Imagrunt  Offline

I
Philistine Occupied CA
Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) has successfully added an amendment to this Trojan Horse bill that strips these protections from the alternative media and others she deems as not being “real reporters.”
California has been lacking a real Senator since the alleged ratification of the 17th amendment which stripped the states of representation.

Feinstein, Schumer et al are nothing more than blowhard, totalitarian placeholders, and their act of desperation clearly demonstrates the irrelevance of MSM, and the threat represented by de-centralized information sources.

Let us not forget that Lincoln rounded up and imprisoned his political opposition as a prelude to his War of Northern Aggression.

I would gladly lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my battle rifle, and thank God that He has put it within my grasp.

Audit Fort Knox!
Re: Feinstein to eliminate protections for alternative media #156651
11/29/2013 03:27 PM
11/29/2013 03:27 PM
behind enemy lines
N
noname762 Offline
noname762  Offline
N
behind enemy lines
Originally posted by D308cat:
We need a Patriot Plumber to FLUSH THAT TURD, It has been plugging that Toilet for far to long.
Feinswine really needs to fall down a thousand foot deep hole and be back filled by a thousand tons of coal to match her black heart.

Grass fed Beef..it's what's fer supper July 4th.

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.