Print Thread
This Is How You Disarm America #159467
06/12/2016 05:19 AM
06/12/2016 05:19 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Petraeus, McChrystal Join Dozens of Former Military Leaders to Create New Gun Control Group

Jun. 10, 2016 Leigh Munsil

Retired Gen. David Petraeus is teaming up with former astronaut Mark Kelly to form a gun-control advocacy group that “respects the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans.”

Kelly has made frequent appearances on the 2016 campaign trail with presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, as well as his wife, former Arizona Rep. Gabby Giffords, who sustained a serious brain injury after being shot in Tucson in 2011.

Petraeus and Kelly are joined by other military veterans, including retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal and retired Air Force Gen. Michael Hayden, in launching the “Veterans Coalition for Common Sense.” The group’s stated purpose is to urge lawmakers to do more to prevent mass gun tragedies.

In this June 23, 2010, file photo, Gen. David Petraeus listens as President Barack Obama makes a statement to reporters in the Rose Garden of the White House in Washington. The gun safety group founded by former U.S. Rep. Gabby Giffords, has recruited an unlikely ally: a group of former high-level military officials. The political action committee Americans for Responsible Solutions, co-founded by retired Navy veteran and astronaut Capt. Mark Kelly, has formed a new group composed of military officials who will advocate for stricter gun regulations. (AP/Charles Dharapak, File)

Since 1969, more Americans have been killed by gun violence than in all U.S. wars combined, the group said in a statement today.

“As service members, each of us swore an oath to protect our Constitution and the homeland. Now we’re asking our leaders to do more to protect our rights and save lives,” Kelly said.

The group aims to engage other veterans and elected leaders to “close the loopholes in our background check laws that let felons, domestic abusers and the dangerously mentally ill buy guns without a criminal background check,” as well as “strengthening existing laws and ensuring lawmakers and stakeholders have the resources and training they need to prevent gun tragedies.”

The group will also partner with the veterans community on suicide prevention and mental health.

“I believe that our Constitution affords responsible Americans the right to own guns, but we need to keep dangerous people from having easy access to guns. Felons, domestic abusers, even known terrorists can buy a gun here without something as simple as a criminal background check. This has to stop,” retired Marine Brig. Gen. Stephen Cheney said in a statement. “Our laws don’t support responsible gun ownership, and far too often guns fall into the hands of dangerous, irresponsible people.”

Petraeus has long been seen as a possible Republican candidate for higher office, even for the presidency. He served as director of the Central Intelligence Agency until his resignation in November 2012 under scrutiny for providing classified information to his biographer, Paula Broadwell, with whom he was having an affair.

—Watch this video.

General Petraeus is a traitor to the Constitution...AGAIN

https://youtu.be/yik9xhRrldo

This Is How You Disarm America (But Only the Law-Abiding Part)

June 10, 2016 by Caleb Howe

When Democrats talk about gun control, which is a lot, they always say that we need more and better and more effective gun control, and they are quick to wisely add that they have no intention of taking away anyone's guns. To say otherwise is electoral doom. But the simple legal right to own a gun isn't where they have to have the fight, at least not at first. They can disarm you without that step. And they definitely want to. Yesterday, that become more certain than ever.

Not too long ago, former and possibly future First Daughter Chelsea Clinton said something pretty revealing about her mother. Here is what she said while speaking at an event in Maryland:

"It matters to me that my mom also recognizes the role the Supreme Court has when it comes to gun control. With Justice Scalia on the bench, one of the few areas where the Court actually had an inconsistent record relates to gun control."

She went on to say that all the big gun control groups (who by the way endorse Mom) say the next ruling will be "definitive." "It matters to me," said Chelsea, "that my mom is the only person running for president who not only constantly makes that connection but also has a strong record on gun control and standing up to the NRA."

Telling. Hillary is all that Chelsea says and more, indeed possibly the worst and most real threat our Second Amendment rights have faced in memory.

Yesterday, two major gun control stories broke. In one, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals reversed a decision that previously found the Second Amendment secured a person's right to carry a concealed weapon outside the home. To put that more plainly, the court ruled that your right and freedom guaranteed by the constitution is not only conditional, but conditional on the particular subjective judgement of government. The plaintiffs were challenging the requirement to give a "good cause" to be able to carry. You have to prove that you are entitled to your own self-defense.

The second was a truly stunning statement (on video!) from Bonnie Schaefer, who will help craft the Democratic party platform:

“I really don’t personally think anyone should have a gun,” Bonnie Schaefer, former Claire’s Stores CEO and North Carolina resort and spa owner, said. “I mean that’s just my own philosophy.”

And going back to Hillary, she recently questioned whether an individual right to bear arms even exists. This is one of their most favorite debates. Does the Second Amendment mean an individual right to bear arms or is it just some permission to join a militia that is inexplicably enshrined in our founding document as an inalienable human right? This is despite the fact that the Supreme Court has already ruled it does in fact mean an individual right.

But again, they have a way around all that. It's best exhibited by the reasoning of the Ninth Circuit, which essentially says that you do not have a right to self-defense outside the home. That's the hook, you see. When Democrats talk about control and reasonable regulation, what they mean is "more restrictions." Most of them wouldn't argue with that assessment. They want to restrict your right to bear arms. Your God-given, inalienable, natural right to defense.

First you say you can't conceal it. Then you say you can't carry in public. Then the nannies say it's too dangerous for you, like salt or soda, and regulate how you keep it at home. And then? Hey, maybe you're better off keeping it at this armory and checking it out when you can prove to use you need it. But you still own a gun though, we aren't taking them away!

They have another favorite thing besides attacking outright and subterfuge. Mockery. When you point this out, they call you paranoid. But it is not paranoid and in private conversation many Democrats will tell you, as they have told me, that this exactly what they want to see.

Obama has set the precedent for executive action on guns. The Ninth Circuit has ruled that your right isn't really a right at all. The gun manufacturers and the NRA are openly targeted for government retribution. The Supreme Court is going to have a new face. And the propaganda machine has never been more active. Add that up.

They're coming for them. This is how you disarm Americans. Well, the ones who obey the law, anyway.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: This Is How You Disarm America #159468
06/12/2016 05:32 AM
06/12/2016 05:32 AM
43/18
McMedic Offline
McMedic  Offline
43/18
He just earned the "Gen. Betrayus" title.

Re: This Is How You Disarm America #159469
06/12/2016 10:02 AM
06/12/2016 10:02 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
Well, it is what it is. That conflict may have turned me into a "piece of shit felon" in the eyes of most people who seek favor of the government, and of course the likes of the esteemed general, but it is what it is.

Those people are just coming out of the closet with the confidence to show who and what they were all along.

It's like, the California legislature recently voted themselves, overwhelmingly, exemptions to the upcoming California gun laws.

Elitist pricks through and through.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: This Is How You Disarm America #159470
06/12/2016 10:12 AM
06/12/2016 10:12 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
And, that POS is attending this years Bilderberg meeting.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: This Is How You Disarm America #159471
06/12/2016 03:48 PM
06/12/2016 03:48 PM
In the Mountains
N
North Force Offline
North Force  Offline
N
In the Mountains
People know where these people live.

"To achieve One World Government it is necessary to remove from the minds of men their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions and national identification."
~ Brock Chisholm, when director of UN World Health Organization
Re: This Is How You Disarm America #159472
06/13/2016 03:21 AM
06/13/2016 03:21 AM
Tennessee
Hawk45 Offline
Moderator Officer Contributor
Hawk45  Offline
Moderator Officer Contributor
Tennessee
Met Petraeus once. Just another POLITICAL General instead of being a REAL leader.

Re: This Is How You Disarm America #159473
06/13/2016 04:45 AM
06/13/2016 04:45 AM
Slipping the surly bonds of ea...
F
Flight-ER-Doc Offline
Flight-ER-Doc  Offline
F
Slipping the surly bonds of ea...
Granted, it may be because I retired as an O-5 but I've met few officers of higher rank that I would trust to take out the garbage, much less set policy.

McCrystal, Petraeus, et all - GFY. You're not Eisenhower, you're not Patton, the best you could hope for would be General Giap.

Emergency Medicine - saving the world from themselves, one at a time.

"Thou shalt not be a victim, thou shalt not be a perpetrator, but, above all, thou shalt not be a bystander."

I make the ADL soil themselves. And that makes me very happy smile
Re: This Is How You Disarm America #159474
06/15/2016 05:02 AM
06/15/2016 05:02 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Jeh Johnson: Gun control is now a matter of homeland security

By Rebecca Shabad CBS News June 14, 2016

Just days after the massacre in an Orlando nightclub left 49 people dead and 53 wounded, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson on Tuesday said that gun control is now a critical element of protecting the U.S. homeland and keeping Americans safe.

"We have to face the fact that meaningful gun control has to be a part of homeland security," Johnson said in an interview on "CBS This Morning." "We need to do something to minimize the opportunity for terrorists to get a gun in this country."

On the issue of people on the no-fly list and various other lists being able to purchase a weapon in the U.S., Johnson said, "I believe that that's something that has to be addressed."

Johnson said that President Obama is "frustrated" with the lack of action on preventing gun violence, but he's still "determined."

"I thought frankly after Sandy Hook where you have schoolchildren murdered in a classroom that maybe finally this will be the tipping point and we were not able to move the needle in Congress, unfortunately," Johnson said.

Efforts to make gun laws stricter have failed in Congress over the last decade. The assault weapons ban, for example, expired in 2004 and lawmakers have not renewed that legislation. Democrats on Capitol Hill have grown increasingly frustrated and on Monday evening, shouted down Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisconsin, after a moment of silence, demanding to know why the House isn't considering gun control legislation.

"At this stage in the investigation, we know of no accomplices," said Johnson, who reiterated that the U.S. intelligence community believes it was not a terrorist-directed attack, but rather terrorist-inspired.

In order to prevent homegrown terrorist attacks in the future, Johnson said it will require the government and the public to deepen their ties to U.S.-Muslim communities.

"We're going to continue to build bridges to American-Muslim communities, not vilify them and drive them into the corners and shadows," Johnson said.

FBI Director James Comey said Monday that the agency had interviewed the shooter three times between 2013 and 2014 and he was "thoroughly investigated," but the inquiries were eventually closed. The attack is now raising questions about whether the FBI made any mistakes or did anything wrong in their investigations.

"I have a lot of confidence in the FBI," Johnson said on CBS.

Re: This Is How You Disarm America #159475
06/15/2016 06:45 AM
06/15/2016 06:45 AM
San Antonio, TX
Mexneck Offline
Mexneck  Offline
San Antonio, TX
False flag to enact gun control. The "no fly list" is patently against the Constitution of this country.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

So Mr Johnson, you are a unfit for your position.

Well, this is it.
Re: This Is How You Disarm America #159476
06/16/2016 02:15 AM
06/16/2016 02:15 AM
In the Mountains
N
North Force Offline
North Force  Offline
N
In the Mountains
Its time for a Government Purge - Yeah like the movie.

Federal, State (Fed Puppets), Local (State/Fed Puppets) and all Agency's - Get rid of them all including all their supporters. They have failed us for decades(over a century) and no longer serve a purpose to we the people.

Time to start over.

I include the Cops and Sheriffs in this mix as they are there to protect the "elite".

"To achieve One World Government it is necessary to remove from the minds of men their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions and national identification."
~ Brock Chisholm, when director of UN World Health Organization

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.