04/20/2020 10:57 PM
04/20/2020 10:57 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
You have to take any news coming out of North Korea with a grain of salt, but there are reports that Kim Jong Un is in grave condition after surgery.

An interesting year is getting even more interesting.

The South Korean government on Tuesday was looking into U.S. media reports saying North Korean leader Kim Jong Un was in fragile condition after surgery.

Officials from South Korea’s Unification Ministry and National Intelligence Service said they couldn’t immediately confirm the report. CNN cited an anonymous U.S. official who said Kim was in “grave danger” after an unspecified surgery.

The Unification Ministry, which deals with inter-Korean affairs, said it couldn’t confirm another report by Daily NK, which cited anonymous sources to report that Kim was recovering from heart surgery in the capital Pyongyang and that his condition was improving.

Speculation about Kim’s health was raised after he missed the celebration of his late grandfather and state founder Kim Il Sung on April 15.

Credible information about North Korea and especially its leadership is difficult to obtain and even intelligence agencies have been wrong about its inner workings in the past.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Reports Kim Jong Un in "Grave" Condition [Re: airforce] #172909
04/21/2020 10:42 AM
04/21/2020 10:42 AM
Tennessee
Hawk45 Offline
Moderator Officer Contributor
Hawk45  Offline
Tennessee
Odds are he is already getting cold.

What will be the most interesting is 'who' replaces him. One of his Generals or his Sister.

Re: Reports Kim Jong Un in "Grave" Condition [Re: airforce] #172913
04/21/2020 11:48 AM
04/21/2020 11:48 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
I'm tempted to say that if he dies, the biggest loser will be his barber. I can't imagine he has too many other customers.

The smart money appears to be that his sister, Kim Yo Jong, will take over temporarily. But there's likely to be a good, old fashioned Stalin-is-dead power struggle between the Army generals and the Party elites, so really anything could happen.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Reports Kim Jong Un in "Grave" Condition [Re: airforce] #172914
04/21/2020 12:04 PM
04/21/2020 12:04 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
A couple South Korean sources - anonymous, of course - are now saying Kim is NOT gravely ill. Like I said, take it for what it's worth.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Reports Kim Jong Un in "Grave" Condition [Re: airforce] #172916
04/21/2020 02:49 PM
04/21/2020 02:49 PM
Tennessee
Hawk45 Offline
Hawk45  Offline
Tennessee
CNN may have jumped the gun again. Or as usual their 'source' sucked!

Re: Reports Kim Jong Un in "Grave" Condition [Re: airforce] #172917
04/21/2020 04:18 PM
04/21/2020 04:18 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Yep, that's what I'm thinking. Unfortunately. The sooner that SOB reaches room temperature, the better.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Reports Kim Jong Un in "Grave" Condition [Re: airforce] #172944
04/25/2020 12:30 PM
04/25/2020 12:30 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
A Japanese news magazine is saying that Dear Respected Kim Jong Un is in a "vegetative state" after receiving a stent in a routine heart procedure. For their part, North Korea hasn't mentioned either his health or his whereabouts in a while now.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Reports Kim Jong Un in "Grave" Condition [Re: airforce] #172945
04/25/2020 02:25 PM
04/25/2020 02:25 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content
ConSigCor  Online Content
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
The sooner that SOB reaches room temperature, the better.

What concerns me is what they will replace him with.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Reports Kim Jong Un in "Grave" Condition [Re: airforce] #172946
04/25/2020 11:33 PM
04/25/2020 11:33 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
At least temporarily, it will probably be his sister, Kim Yo Jong. I don't know much about her, except she clearly has a better hairdresser than her brother.

[Linked Image]

If she remains the leader for long, I think she will most likely be a figurehead, with the real power in the hands of the Army and Party elites. But in that wretched place, who knows. Anything is possible.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Last edited by airforce; 04/25/2020 11:34 PM.
Re: Reports Kim Jong Un in "Grave" Condition [Re: airforce] #172947
04/26/2020 08:39 AM
04/26/2020 08:39 AM
Tennessee
Hawk45 Offline
Hawk45  Offline
Tennessee
She is both smart and just as ruthless as her Brother. Even with all the executions of other close relatives, she has both survived and even gained in power. She was the 'face' of North Korea during the Olympics and she is the one that met with Vice President Pence. Some have suggested it was her that got her Brother to meet with President Trump. She was also near by or in the actual meetings themselves.

She will give all the OLD Generals and Admirals a run for their money.

Re: Reports Kim Jong Un in "Grave" Condition [Re: airforce] #172949
04/26/2020 11:28 AM
04/26/2020 11:28 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
I'm looking forward to a Hunger Games contest in Pyongyang. That would be fun to watch. And if NOBODY won, it would be even better.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Reports Kim Jong Un in "Grave" Condition [Re: airforce] #172964
04/27/2020 12:09 PM
04/27/2020 12:09 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Some idiot just said that North Korea could have a female leader before the United States does. I'm not sure what his point is, since no one in North Korea votes.

However, if we're talking about hereditary monarchs, and America, then we again have the edge. Queen Anne ruled from 1702 to 1714, which again puts us in the lead.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Reports Kim Jong Un in "Grave" Condition [Re: airforce] #172982
04/29/2020 09:58 AM
04/29/2020 09:58 AM
Tennessee
Hawk45 Offline
Hawk45  Offline
Tennessee
Right now all my old contacts know nothing. Rumors are running from dead and cold to he is recuperating off shore on his yacht.

Isn't his yacht our old spy ship they seized?

Re: Reports Kim Jong Un in "Grave" Condition [Re: airforce] #173070
05/07/2020 11:15 AM
05/07/2020 11:15 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Kim Jong Un faked his death to expose traitors close to him. Plausible, i suppose, especially considering how paranoid the little guy is.

North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un deliberately faked his death to expose traitors in his circle and who had hopes of taking power from the leader's "death", reports claimed.

Sky News Australia has said that Kim, 36, may have deliberately pretended to be dead so that he could figure out if there were leaks in his inner circle in North Korea.

Kim disappeared from state media for three weeks, sparking wild rumours about his health and whereabouts, and worry about prospects for the nuclear-armed state in the event of an unexpected succession.

Those rumours were squashed on Saturday when North Korean media published photographs and video of Kim at a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the inauguration of a fertiliser plant.

Sky Outsiders host James Morrow told Australian viewers that Kim Jong may have been pulling a “classic Stalinist manoeuvre” to see what the public’s response was.

It is now possible that the leader will use the responses from his long period of absence to begin “purging” those he believes colluded to take over.

The leader’s reappearance into the spotlight has ruined the credibility of high profile defectors who had suggested Kim Jong was suffering from a life-threatening illness or had died.

His re-emergence came as a blow to the credibility of some high-profile defectors from the North who had speculated that Kim was suffering from a grave illness or could even be dead, the report added.

One of the defectors, Thae Yong-ho, was North Korea's deputy ambassador to Britain, where he managed secret funds for Kim. Thae fled to South Korea in 2016 and was one of a pair of defectors elected to parliament last month.

"I am aware that one of the reasons why many of you voted for me as a lawmaker is with the expectations of an accurate analysis and projections on North Korean issues," Thae said in a statement. "I feel the blame and heavy responsibility."

"Whatever the reasons, I apologise to everyone."

The other prominent defector elected to parliament, Ji Seong-ho, had said in a media interview he was 99% certain that Kim had died after cardiovascular surgery and an official announcement would come as soon as Saturday....

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Reports Kim Jong Un in "Grave" Condition [Re: airforce] #173072
05/07/2020 03:22 PM
05/07/2020 03:22 PM
Tennessee
Hawk45 Offline
Hawk45  Offline
Tennessee
Well I will bet the two EX N. Koreans do not have their contacts anymore. I wonder how many this mini purge took out?

Last edited by Hawk45; 05/07/2020 03:22 PM.
Re: Reports Kim Jong Un in "Grave" Condition [Re: airforce] #173074
05/07/2020 04:45 PM
05/07/2020 04:45 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
I'm not even sure how much I believe that theory, but I don't have any reason to doubt it.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Reports Kim Jong Un in "Grave" Condition [Re: airforce] #173877
08/24/2020 01:35 PM
08/24/2020 01:35 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Here we go again. Kim Jong-Un may be in a coma. Or maybe he's not. Rumors abound.

Here we go again. Who is ready for a fresh round of speculation that North Korea’s lil’ Rocketman, Kim Jong-un is in a coma? Tongues are wagging again thanks to Chang Song-min, the former aide to South Korea’s late president Kim Dae-jung, for some comments he made that were published Sunday.

“I assess him to be in a coma, but his life has not ended,” he told South Korean media.

The former aide added that the leader’s younger sister, Kim Yo Jong, was poised to help lead the country.

“A complete succession structure has not been formed, so Kim Yo-jong is being brought to the fore as the vacuum cannot be maintained for a prolonged period,” he said.

It is easy to believe that this is some standard propaganda coming from the Hermit Kindom, given the actions that have been reported over the past few days. Lil’ Kim likes to keep us guessing about the workings of his dictatorship. North Korea is locked down so tight that the outside world is in the dark about the country. Perhaps some information from North Korea was fed to Chang Song-min and he is using it to reach his conclusions.

On August 20, Kim Jong-un delegated part of his authority to his close aides, including his younger sister Yo-jong, to have them oversee state affairs, according to South Korea’s spy agency. The move is said to have been done to relieve stress on the North Korean dictator. He’s still in charge, you see, but the transfer of power is tricky. Kim Jong-un doesn’t have a plan in place and hasn’t named a successor should he die. Kim Jong-un gave the majority of the delegated power to his little sis but not over the economy. South Korean spies confirm that his 33-year-old sibling now serves as his “de facto second-in-command.”

“Currently, Kim Yo-jong, the first vice department director of the Workers’ Party Central Committee, is steering overall state affairs based on the delegation,” the National Intelligence Service was quoted as saying in a closed-door briefing to the National Assembly by lawmakers.

According to the NIS, Yo-jong has assumed the majority of the authority delegated by the national leader, but she is not the only one who has shared power with him.

Pak Pong-ju, vice chairman of the State Affairs Commission, and the new premier Kim Tok-hun have taken over power in controlling the economic sector, it added.

Kim Jong-un has only been seen a few times this year and rumors have circulated that he suffers from a botched heart operation. On August 21, a seemingly healthy Kim acknowledged his plans to improve the country’s dismal economy haven’t succeeded. His ruling party scheduled a rare congress in January to set development goals for the next five years. It is highly unusual that Kim admitted economic failure.

The Workers’ Party said North Korea’s economy has “not improved in the face of the sustaining severe internal and external situations” — a reference to a triple blow of U.S.-led sanctions, the coronavirus pandemic and devastating floods — and that development goals have been “seriously delayed and the people’s living standard (has) not been improved remarkably.”

Kim announced his first five-year development plan with goals of improving North Korea’s power supply and agricultural and manufacturing production during the last Workers’ Party congress in 2016, its first in 36 years.

But at Wednesday’s meeting of the party’s decision-making Central Committee, Kim acknowledged economic “shortcomings” caused by “unexpected and inevitable challenges in various aspects and the situation in the region surrounding the Korean Peninsula,” the North’s official Korean Central News Agency reported Thursday.

The South Korean agency, the National Intelligence Service, which has a mixed track record in reading developments in North Korea’s secretive ruling elite, held a closed-door meeting Thursday. Lawmaker Ha Tae-keung said the agency assured them that Kim Jong-un is in good health and in charge. Kim Byung-kee, another lawmaker who attended the briefing thinks North Korea’s foreign currency reserves are being depleted rapidly because of the coronavirus. North Korea has experienced prolonged border controls under its anti-virus campaign which has shutdown construction and other projects.

So, by Sunday, the rumor mill was in full swing. To believe that Kim is in a coma, you’d have to believe that the dictator went from good health to a comatose state in a matter of a couple of days. It’s possible but unlikely, given every time Kim Jong-un is reported to be on his death bed, it turns out to not be true. It’s some kind of sick game he’s playing with the outside world. At the time he delivered his confession about the poor economy, he vowed to keep the borders closed (I thought the country was already sealed-up tight) and said he’ll refuse any outside help.

Maybe he is having problems due to heart disease and he experienced a botched surgery. We likely won’t know for a while, if ever, what is happening. Back in April when his alleged heart surgery was first reported, Kim Jong-un was out of the public’s eye for several weeks, only to resurface to tour a fertilizer factory. His absence was never explained.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Reports Kim Jong Un in "Grave" Condition [Re: airforce] #173886
08/25/2020 03:09 PM
08/25/2020 03:09 PM
Tennessee
Hawk45 Offline
Hawk45  Offline
Tennessee
Man is probably diabetic and had a heavy pass out due to his 'sugar' level being WAY off. Or it could be a planned leak to test loyalty and possible security leaks.

Either way, flip a coin.

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.