08/12/2020 09:39 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

BREAKING NEWS: Air Force Helicopter Shot At Over Virginia

Posted by Patriotman | Aug 12, 2020 |

As reported by US News and World Report:

The FBI is investigating the shooting of a military helicopter during a training mission this week in northern Virginia, injuring one crew member who was aboard, officials said Wednesday. The Air Force helicopter was flying over Middleburg on Monday when it was shot from the ground nearby, according to authorities. The helicopter made an emergency landing at the Manassas Regional Airport, and federal agents were called to the scene to investigate, the FBI said in a statement.

The crew members aboard the UH-1N Huey helicopter, assigned to the 1st Helicopter Squadron at Joint Base Andrews, were on a routine training mission when the helicopter was struck by a bullet, the Air Force said in a statement. The helicopter was about 10 miles (16 kilometers) northwest of the airport, near Middleburg, and was flying about 1,000 feet (300 meters) above the ground when it was hit, according to officials. One crew member in the helicopter was injured but has since been treated and released from the hospital, according to authorities. The initial findings of the investigation show that the helicopter was struck by a bullet, causing some damage to the aircraft, though it landed safely, the Air Force said.

The squadron transports senior military and civilian leaders, along with high-ranking dignitaries, and also performs emergency medical evacuations.

Agents from the FBI’s field office in Washington and from the bureau’s evidence response team were called to the airport after the shooting on Monday. The FBI said it was working alongside other law enforcement agencies, including the Air Force Office of Special Investigations, in order “to determine the circumstances surrounding the incident.”

Patty Prince, spokesperson for the city of Manassas, said the airport received a call from the control tower at 12:20 p.m. Monday about an inbound military helicopter that had an onboard emergency. Investigators are also looking to speak with any witnesses and have asked anyone who was in the area at the time to call the FBI.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Air Force Helicopter Shot At Over Virginia [Re: ConSigCor] #173784
08/13/2020 12:43 PM
08/13/2020 12:43 PM
Tennessee
Hawk45 Offline
Moderator Officer Contributor
Hawk45  Offline
Moderator Officer Contributor
Tennessee
Probably hovering too long over somebody's wife or girlfriend nude sun bathing. Folks do NOT think that is as funny as the air crews do!

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Air Force Helicopter Shot At Over Virginia [Re: ConSigCor] #173787
08/13/2020 01:13 PM
08/13/2020 01:13 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
I'm remembering an event that happened over forty years ago. A Cobra helicopter was on a training flight when it suddenly began taking fire. The helicopter returned to basre safely, and investigators were sent to the area to investigate.

They found an old guy, sitting on his porch in a rocking chair, his dog and his rifle both beside him.

"Do you know anything about someone shooting at a helicopter?" they asked him.

"Yep, that was me," he answered. "They was trespassing over my land. I own this here land, from the center of the earth all the way up to eternity, and they was trespassing."

As they handcuffed up, they gently explained to him that he was wrong.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Air Force Helicopter Shot At Over Virginia [Re: ConSigCor] #173788
08/13/2020 03:05 PM
08/13/2020 03:05 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
I'd bet money they never convinced him. I knew several old geezers who thought exactly like that.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Air Force Helicopter Shot At Over Virginia [Re: ConSigCor] #173789
08/13/2020 03:36 PM
08/13/2020 03:36 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
If memory serves me right, he was under VA care and nothing serious happened to him. They did take away his guns which, in his case at least, may have been a good thing.

Onward and upward,
airforce

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.