08/23/2022 04:07 PM
08/23/2022 04:07 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Fauci Resigning Out of Fear of GOP Investigations: Republicans

via Newsweek

Dr. Anthony Fauci announced Monday that he will resign as director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) after spending more than a half-century in government, prompting Republican detractors to question his timing following his perceived double-talk during the COVID-19 pandemic.

In December, Fauci will also forfeit his roles as chief of the NIAID Laboratory of Immunoregulation and President Joe Biden‘s chief medical adviser, saying he wants “to pursue the next chapter of my career.” Republicans believe Fauci is leaving government due to the possibility that the GOP will take control of the House in November.

“Dr. Fauci is conveniently resigning from his position in December before House Republicans have an opportunity to hold him accountable for destroying our country over these past three years,” Republican Representative Andy Biggs of Arizona tweeted, adding that Fauci will be held accountable whether or not he remains in public office. “This guy is a coward.”

Fauci gained national attention during the COVID-19 pandemic, including acknowledging having to “stand up” to former President Donald Trump‘s COVID-related claims to benefit the public and “for the sake of preserving my own integrity.”

Emails from Fauci uncovered via the Freedom of Information Act showed that he said “the typical mask you buy in the drug store is not really effective in keeping out virus,” even as mask mandates were commonplace nationwide for long periods of time.
via Newsweek

Dr. Anthony Fauci announced Monday that he will resign as director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) after spending more than a half-century in government, prompting Republican detractors to question his timing following his perceived double-talk during the COVID-19 pandemic.

In December, Fauci will also forfeit his roles as chief of the NIAID Laboratory of Immunoregulation and President Joe Biden‘s chief medical adviser, saying he wants “to pursue the next chapter of my career.” Republicans believe Fauci is leaving government due to the possibility that the GOP will take control of the House in November.

“Dr. Fauci is conveniently resigning from his position in December before House Republicans have an opportunity to hold him accountable for destroying our country over these past three years,” Republican Representative Andy Biggs of Arizona tweeted, adding that Fauci will be held accountable whether or not he remains in public office. “This guy is a coward.”

Fauci gained national attention during the COVID-19 pandemic, including acknowledging having to “stand up” to former President Donald Trump‘s COVID-related claims to benefit the public and “for the sake of preserving my own integrity.”

Emails from Fauci uncovered via the Freedom of Information Act showed that he said “the typical mask you buy in the drug store is not really effective in keeping out virus,” even as mask mandates were commonplace nationwide for long periods of time.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Fauci Resigning Out of Fear of GOP Investigations: Republicans [Re: ConSigCor] #178766
08/23/2022 04:28 PM
08/23/2022 04:28 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
With that $350,000 annual retirement benefit he has, retiring really isn't such a bad idea.

There really should be some sort of cap on federal retirement benefits. Heck, they have one for the military. But I suppose Fauci is just so much better than all of us veterans.

Onward and upward,
airforce

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.