12/19/2011 04:52 PM
12/19/2011 04:52 PM
new hampshire
Z
zach Offline OP
zach  Offline OP
Z
new hampshire
I'm wondering what should we be prepareing for a global pandemic? Ower government collapsing on it self? Or just prepare for any thing the tinkable or the unthinkable? I fully beleve Ower goverment will fall apart all at once wather it follows a natral disaster or tyranny it will happen un sinkable ships sink

Stand up for your freedom
Re: prepare for what? #101126
12/21/2011 10:10 AM
12/21/2011 10:10 AM
Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
F
Fighting Pilot Offline
Fighting Pilot  Offline
F
Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
Perhaps a better way of looking at that would be to prepare from the most possible (and probably smallest impact) to the least possible (greatest impact), in that order.

For example, likely events would be:
* Hurricane, tornado, earthquake...
* Stranded at work due to ____
* Power outage for 1-5 days
* Snowstorm downs trees and zero movement for 3+ days
* Public water system goes off line (for those on public water, or for those on wells - a power outage)

You can see how some of those will 'snowball' into others, such as a snowstorm traps you at home, kills the power, leads to no water, etc.

As you start preparing to survive the 'little' and most-likely events, you will find yourself somewhat prepared for even greater ones, such as:
* Massive austerity riots that make the LA Riots look like a picnic
* Sudden currency collapse
* Societal collapse
* War

I believe that apart from a miraculous turnaround of our nation and currency (Ron Paul 2012!), we are doomed. The real unknowns are how it will happen, how fast it will happen, when it will happen, and what will come after it. I think we all have different ideas about that, but the one certainty is things must change as we are on an unsustainable trajectory.

Sit down and make a list of the most likely events that could happen to you, and start preparing for those. As you do, aim to become less and less dependent upon 'the grid' for your water, power, food, and security.

I'd recommend you pick up a copy of Rawles' book "How to Survive the End of the World As We Know It". It's not an end-all, but it is a great place to start. It will get you to think holistically and realistically. His blog (survivalblog.com) is another great resource to begin with.

Finally, don't be the 'lone wolf'. The only way to survive long-term is to be together - together with your spouse, your Creator, and other like-minded Patriots who will stand by your side. Lone wolves may have their place in action, but not surviving tyranny and rebuilding Liberty.

"Through endurance we conquer."
- Shackleton

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.