02/15/2011 01:01 PM
02/15/2011 01:01 PM
Maryland
O
OLM-Medic Offline OP
OLM-Medic  Offline OP
O
Maryland
I am suggesting we revise the suggested gear section of awrm.org sometime. I think a lot of new people look at it when researching militia sites and some of the links are old. Other things should be changed for the better, like the first aid kit section:

First Aid Kit
This is a must. It should contain (at a minimum); Sterile Gauze pads, antibiotic creme, a cravat, any over the counter pain medication, a suture kit, anything else you think you may need. Ready-made F/A kits are available at most camping stores, and surplus shops.
Thats not a good first aid kit at all IMO.

This is just constructive criticism.

"Remember that your adversary's desire to live is usually more powerful than whatever ammunition your are carrying in your firearms. Plan accordingly." -tire iron
Reply Quote
Re: Suggested Gear #134527
02/19/2011 03:53 AM
02/19/2011 03:53 AM
MT
C
C. M. Wolf Offline
C. M. Wolf  Offline
C
MT
Rotating a person's militia supply/stores is time consuming enough, I can just imagine that adding to this the rotation and updating of all the information on this site could be quite a task.
One of the true beauties of the Militia Concept is that everyone that participates/contributes can also help to compile the better and more useful info into more compact and workable formats in a new thread that can then be set at the tops of these forums.

I think this is where 'stickies" at the tops of most forums come in very handy so that the best and or most viable information can be easily found.

Another thing that needs to be kept in mind when 'recompiling' such informations, is that not all situations are the ever that same and having the most remedial forms of equipment, supplies, and knowledge is always better than having none. Experience is the best teacher and this is where getting out and actually practicing with what you do have shows a person more than anyone could ever tell about their own experience/knowledge. "What Works, and What Doesn't".

Michael

"Argue for your limitations, and in the end, when all is said and done, they're your's!"

"Sheeple & Shepherds, pick one! You can't be both no matter how you dress."

The higher ya go... the higher ya can get! Mountain Men Rock!
Reply Quote
Re: Suggested Gear #134528
02/19/2011 10:13 AM
02/19/2011 10:13 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline

ConSigCor  Offline

A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
The entire website is overdue for a major overhaul.

...just need the time and funds; both of which are in very short supply.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.org, and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2018 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.