A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Virginia delegates pass bill banning chip implants as ‘mark of the beast’

Daniel Tencer
Raw Story
Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Concerns over privacy have aligned with apocalyptic Biblical prophecy in a proposed Virginia law that limits the use of microchip implants on humans because of a lawmaker’s concern that the chips will prove to be the Antichrist’s “mark of the beast.”

On Wednesday, Virginia’s House of Delegates passed a bill that forbids companies from forcing their employees to be implanted with tracking devices, a move likely to be applauded by civil libertarians.

But Virginia state Delegate Mark Cole’s reasons for proposing the law have as much to do with the Book of Revelation as they do with concerns over privacy in the digital age.

Cole says he is concerned that the implants will turn out to be the “mark of the beast” worn by Satan’s minions.

“My understanding — I’m not a theologian — but there’s a prophecy in the Bible that says you’ll have to receive a mark, or you can neither buy nor sell things in end times,” Cole said, as quoted at the Washington Post. “Some people think these computer chips might be that mark.”

Virginia delegates pass bill banning chip implants as ‘mark of the beast’ 100210banner1

Cole is not alone in making that assertion. Evangelical Outreach, a Web site run by pastor Dan Corner, states that “[w]ith modern technology, it is very possible that this mark may be directly linked with a computer chip.”

“Radio frequency identification (RFID) implants are currently the prime candidate for this beastly technology,” says the Riding the Beast blog.

David Neff, editor of Christianity Today, says that “this is part of a larger attempt to constantly read current history in the light of the symbolic language of the Book of Revelation,” according to the Post.

Opponents of Cole’s measure argue that it’s “a solution in search of a problem,” the Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star reports.

Virginia Democratic delegate Bob Brink said: “As I went door to door, there were a number of issues that never came up. I didn’t hear anything about the danger of an asteroid striking the earth or about the menace of forced implantation of microchips in humans.”

But Cole says it was his constituents who brought the issue to his attention. He says people are concerned that chip implants will replace employee ID badges in offices.

If passed by the full legislature, Virginia will become the fourth state in the US to have such a law. California, Missouri and Georgia have all passed a similar measure, or are working to pass one.

Momentum behind microchip implants has been building for years. Perhaps most significantly, Florida-based VeriChip introduced an implant in 2001 that can store medical data. The FDA approved the technology for use in humans in 2004.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Virginia banning chip implants as ‘mark of the beast’ #150553
02/14/2010 03:14 AM
02/14/2010 03:14 AM
SE US
D
Deadeye D Offline
Deadeye D  Offline
D
SE US
ConSigCor, is that story from this source,
http://www.rawstory.com/
If so,I searched the Archives for 10 Feb, and can't find it in them. I usually won't send info out, unless I have a legit link for a news story. Maybe I missed it, but I went through it a couple times.

Options?
Re: Virginia banning chip implants as ‘mark of the beast’ #150554
02/14/2010 04:41 AM
02/14/2010 04:41 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Virginia banning chip implants as ‘mark of the beast’ #150555
02/14/2010 12:25 PM
02/14/2010 12:25 PM
Dallas, TX
L
LouisCipher777 Offline
LouisCipher777  Offline
L
Dallas, TX
does this mean my dog is going to hell? that would make me sad.

Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe you anyway.
Re: Virginia banning chip implants as ‘mark of the beast’ #150556
02/14/2010 03:10 PM
02/14/2010 03:10 PM
High Desert
D308cat Offline
D308cat  Offline
High Desert
Receiving the mark is an act of the will,your dog did not have a choice so he's good. Speaking of willingly taking the mark, this law plays right into it, you would have to choose to take it. I figure they (Companies or Gov) will add incentives for taking the CHIP, at least at first. Eventually without it you won't be able to buy food or be able to pay your bills, or collect a paycheck SEMPER FI

PSALM 144:01 Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle---
Re: Virginia banning chip implants as ‘mark of the beast’ #150557
02/17/2010 01:06 PM
02/17/2010 01:06 PM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
Virginia has been one of the States making a stand for States rights lately. I knew there was a reason I love VA.
Several other states have been flexinfg their muscles lately too...

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.