07/09/2010 06:45 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
The Russian Bear Awakens

The Economic Collapse
July 9, 2010

Today most Americans consider the United States to be “the sole remaining superpower” – absolutely unparalleled economically and militarily. But the truth is not anything close to that. As we detailed in a previous article, China has become a very dominant economic and military superpower. But there is another world superpower that the American people and the American media are not taking seriously. The Russian Bear has awakened, and yet most people in the U.S. think of Russia as a Cold War opponent that we “defeated” and which is now a shell of its former self. The recent Russian spy case is a perfect example of the tremendous lack of respect which the American public has for Russia these days. It is almost as if the media is saying: “Oh look, isn’t it so cute that these little Russians are spying on us as if the Cold War was still going on?” But the truth is that it is a massive error to underestimate Russia. Today it is a fact that Russia is stronger both economically and militarily than it ever has been before.

You doubt this?

Quick – name the number one oil producer in the world.

Here’s a hint – it is not Saudi Arabia.

It is Russia.

Russia has also recently become the number one oil exporter in the world.

Not only that, but Russia is also the number one exporter of natural gas in the world.

In a world starving for oil and natural resources, that puts Russia in a very strong position.

Back on December 28th, Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin was on hand to celebrate the opening of Russia’s first modern Pacific-based oil export facilities. The Pacific port of Kozmino now allows Russia to export huge amounts of oil to growing economies throughout Asia.

And to the United States.

Did you know that Russia is rapidly becoming one of the top suppliers of oil to the United States?

It’s true.

So is it smart for the U.S. to start becoming dependent on oil from Russia?

No, probably not.

But that is what is happening.

And the Russian economy is booming.

The Russian Bear Awakens 150410banner7

Russia experienced very high economic growth during the early part of the past decade, and analysts project Russia’s GDP will grow by more than 5% in 2010.

And most people think of Russian cities as crumbling, broken down cities where people stand in line for bread.

Not anymore.

According to Forbes, Moscow is now the third most expensive cities in the world in which to live. In fact, the cost of living is higher in Moscow than in any U.S. city.

Who would have thought that it costs more money to live in Moscow than in New York City?

But Russia has not just become an economic superpower once again.

Russia has also been using all of this new economic power to rapidly update and modernize both its conventional and strategic military forces….

*Over the last several years, Russia has been very busy updating and modernizing their strategic nuclear forces. U.S. officials still claim that America has a technological edge in this area, but everyone agrees that the gap is rapidly narrowing.

*On June 15th, Russia introduced their new “fourth generation” nuclear submarine to the world, which is apparently quieter than any other submarine in existence.

*Not only that, but a couple weeks ago Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin climbed into the cockpit of Russia’s new “fifth generation” fighter jet and announced that it was far superior to the F-22 Raptor.

And Russia is once again projecting their strength throughout the world. We all saw what they were able to achieve in Georgia. But they have been very busy elsewhere as well….

*Iran announced on Wednesday that the Bushehr nuclear power plant, a joint project with Russia, would be ready for operation in two months.

*Russia has signed major arms deals with Syria under which it will sell Syria warplanes, anti-tank weapons and air defense systems.

*After Russian President Medvedev’s historic visit to Damascus, Russia’s energy minister announced that his country is “studying the question” of building a nuclear power plant in Syria.

*Russian President Dmitry Medvedev recently announced that Russia and Turkey are becoming key strategic partners.

*The Russian government has agreed to a raft of new accords with the new, much more pro-Russian, government in Ukraine.

But still the United States is not taking Russia seriously.

According to Admiral James A. Winnefeld, the commander of the U.S. Northern Command, Russia is continuing to fly strategic nuclear bombers close to U.S. and Canadian airspace because the Russian military is seeking to maintain “the illusion of power”.

The illusion of power?

Is he kidding?

It is this dramatic underestimation of Russia power that could end up seriously burning us in the end.

The truth is this lack of understanding of the world situation goes all the way to the top.

Barack Obama is pushing for a plan which would reduce the size of the U.S. strategic nuclear arsenal to about 10 percent of what it was at the height of the Cold War.

Most Americans (and most people who will read this article) simply dismiss Russia as not being a significant threat, but that just shows how misinformed most people are.

And in many ways Russia is in a much better position right now than the United States is.

The Russian government actually ran large budget surpluses from 2001 to 2007 and has a very small national debt.

Meanwhile, the U.S. government has accumulated the biggest debt in the history of the world.

In fact, Russia owns about 100 billion dollars of that debt.

My how the tables have turned.

The frightening thing is that Russia and China are cooperating on a host of economic and military projects as they seek to “counterbalance” U.S. power in the world.

The truth is that the U.S. cannot just “do whatever it wants” in the world anymore.

Russia and China are both more powerful than they have ever been before and they aren’t going anywhere any time soon.

The world has changed. If the United States does not wake up and recognize this fact there are going to be some very serious consequences.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: The Russian Bear Awakens #151743
07/10/2010 02:32 PM
07/10/2010 02:32 PM
Eastern NC
HARBINGER Offline
HARBINGER  Offline
Eastern NC
Just talking about this today. We better wake up.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm, CXLIV
Re: The Russian Bear Awakens #151744
07/10/2010 03:20 PM
07/10/2010 03:20 PM
Maine
S
SF Medic Offline
SF Medic  Offline
S
Maine
Cold War II

Doc
Re: The Russian Bear Awakens #151745
07/10/2010 04:29 PM
07/10/2010 04:29 PM
Eastern NC
HARBINGER Offline
HARBINGER  Offline
Eastern NC
Don't think it'll be cold this time.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm, CXLIV
Re: The Russian Bear Awakens #151746
07/11/2010 04:56 AM
07/11/2010 04:56 AM
Windsor,Mo
D
danfromwindsor Offline
danfromwindsor  Offline
D
Windsor,Mo
I dont think it will be cold either. Who can really say what will happen if the Russians no longer have a friendly marxist president in the oval office. Think back to when russia invaded georgia and all we could do was make lame threats.

on beautiful Truman Lake
Re: The Russian Bear Awakens #151747
07/11/2010 09:24 AM
07/11/2010 09:24 AM
DEACTIVATED
P
ParaSkS-DEACTIVATED Offline
ParaSkS-DEACTIVATED  Offline
P
DEACTIVATED
And they hate us for downfalling the USSR. Kind of if your great rival beats you then becomes the best. You won't be too happy with them. I wasn't around during the soviets height, but are they stronger now then back then?

It doesn't matter how you start something, or how you do in the middle. It matters how you finish it
Paramilitary SKS
Re: The Russian Bear Awakens #151748
07/11/2010 02:43 PM
07/11/2010 02:43 PM
North Carolina
S
safetalker Offline
safetalker  Offline
S
North Carolina
I fear it is worse yet. I honestly believe that they think we are unimportant. The CIC has been vacant for a while. When did you last see Lil Barry with the gold tasseled flag behind him?
Find a recent video of him getting off the "Marine" helicopter?
The RAP is moving slowly but at it's finish the Russians know we will be back, and stronger than ever. When our money again rests on Gold the Chinese and the Soviets will have to do likewise and the Elected Criminals in their country will also be looking for work and maybe new homes.
Have you ever been here?
http://nesaranews.blogspot.com/

Re: The Russian Bear Awakens #151749
07/11/2010 05:51 PM
07/11/2010 05:51 PM
Maryland
O
OLM-Medic Offline
OLM-Medic  Offline
O
Maryland
While our greatest enemies seem to be domestic, I don't doubt the possibility of us having to fight off an invading force. It hasn't happened yet, but I don't doubt the possibility at all.

"Remember that your adversary's desire to live is usually more powerful than whatever ammunition your are carrying in your firearms. Plan accordingly." -tire iron
Re: The Russian Bear Awakens #151750
07/12/2010 03:07 AM
07/12/2010 03:07 AM
High Desert
D308cat Offline
D308cat  Offline
High Desert
Originally posted by OLM-Medic:
While our greatest enemies seem to be domestic, I don't doubt the possibility of us having to fight off an invading force. It hasn't happened yet, but I don't doubt the possibility at all.
Hasen't happened yet ? We've been steadily being invaded from the south for decades and the Fed and Mr. ObamaHamid have no intention of stopping it!

PSALM 144:01 Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle---
Re: The Russian Bear Awakens #151751
07/12/2010 05:05 AM
07/12/2010 05:05 AM
63 Btn / 18 FF / A Corps
L
LA Confederate Offline
LA Confederate  Offline
L
63 Btn / 18 FF / A Corps
The rise of Gog? Methinks this could be the case. Remember what happens to them after Damascus is laid to waste and they attempts to invade Israel.

Sic Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Re: The Russian Bear Awakens #151752
07/12/2010 05:54 AM
07/12/2010 05:54 AM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
Russia will probably be in the lead in the attack on Israel that has been prophesied.

I also believe that what is now happening with the Oil Blowout and the large number of reported Earthquakes are part of the Birth Pangs of the Biblical End Times.

The Great Tribulation is not far into our Future and in only a few short years our Savior will return.

We should not fear the coming future but instead, Rejoice for the Time of our Saviors return is near.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: The Russian Bear Awakens #151753
07/12/2010 06:46 AM
07/12/2010 06:46 AM
Windsor,Mo
D
danfromwindsor Offline
danfromwindsor  Offline
D
Windsor,Mo
Sniper Im not sure I hope your right. I have faith in my savior,guess i had always hoped I'd meet him before goin thru the tribulation. Either way He's all that keeps me goin besides my family nowadays. It seems the harder I work the more the gooberment takes from me,makes you kinda ask yourself sometimes "whats the point".

on beautiful Truman Lake
Re: The Russian Bear Awakens #151754
07/12/2010 09:25 AM
07/12/2010 09:25 AM
Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
F
Fighting Pilot Offline
Fighting Pilot  Offline
F
Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
The idea that Gog is Russia is most likely incorrect.

Ezekial 38:1: "The word of the Lord came to me: 'Son of man, set your face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince (Rosh) of Meshech and Tubal'...)

Magog: Josephus identified it as "the land of the Scythians - the ancient northern nomadic tribes who inhabited the territory from Central Asia across the southern Steppes of modern Russia." Ancient Scythia includes the regions of Asia Minor (Turkey) and the Central Asian States (Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan). All of these are Muslim.

Meshech and Tubal: These are both in Turkey (the Cappadocians). There were some who reasoned that Meshech sounds like Moscow, hence the Russia idea, but geographically they are both in Turkey (Turkey is Muslim).

Rosh: This word occurs almost 600 times in the Bible, and all but once (in Ezekiel 38) it is translated as head, chief, or top, prince.

The idea of Russia coming against Israel is, like the idea of a coming Papal Anti-Christ and one-world government, a politically-correct product of recent times.

The evidence? Name one nation in the Bible that God declares judgment against that isn't Muslim.

Psalm 83: Edom (Jordan/Saudi Arabia), Moab/Ammon (Jordan), Gebal (Lebanon), Tyre (also Lebanon), Philistia (Gaza), Ishmaelites and Hagarites (Arabs), Assyria (Iraq, Syria, Turkey), Amalek (Jordan).

Ezekiel 30:5: Cush and Put, Lydia and all Arabia, Libya and the people of the covenant land... (Sudan, Libya, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Turkey, Arabia...)

Ezekiel 32: Assyria and all her company... (Syria, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Saudi Arabia...

And many, many more.

I'm just trying to point out, the most likely end-times scenario is not the typical Russia coalition we expect, but seems to be an Islamic war against Israel. Remember - just as we eagerly await the return of our Lord, they await the coming Mahdi who will wage war until every Jew and Christian is dead and all have said 'There is no god but Allah, and Mohammad is his prophet!' I do not doubt that there are evil men who desire a one world government, nor do I think we should underestimate Russia, but I do believe the real war in the end times will be between the Islamic nations (who desire a one-world Islamic government) and Israel (and those who stand with her).

My $.02

"Through endurance we conquer."
- Shackleton
Re: The Russian Bear Awakens #151755
07/13/2010 03:53 PM
07/13/2010 03:53 PM
Philistine Occupied CA
I
Imagrunt Offline
Imagrunt  Offline

I
Philistine Occupied CA
Originally posted by OLM-Medic:
Russia is watching the U.S. destroy its best and brightest in the meat grinder know as Afghanistan.

With literally hundreds of foreign bases, the U.S. simply does not have the ability to defend itself.

Given the current Communist POTUS/CINC, we can expect more sacrificial exportation of our sons and daughters.

It is therefore up to the Article 2 Army; the well-regulated militia, to enforce the Constitutional role of homeland security.

We the People are the last line of defense.

I would gladly lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my battle rifle, and thank God that He has put it within my grasp.

Audit Fort Knox!

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.