04/15/2013 08:26 AM
04/15/2013 08:26 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
At least a dozen are reported injured. I have to go to work, and will be unable to follow up on this.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156043
04/15/2013 08:37 AM
04/15/2013 08:37 AM
Company A 25 Btn 14 FF
B
BoldFenianMan Offline
SNCO Contributor
BoldFenianMan  Offline
SNCO Contributor

B
Company A 25 Btn 14 FF

War battered dogs are we
Fighters in every clime;
Fillers of trench and of grave,
Mockers bemocked by time,
War dogs hungry and grey,
Gnawing a naked bone,
Fighters in every clime-
Every cause but our own
-Emily Lawless"With the Wild Geese"
Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156044
04/15/2013 08:44 AM
04/15/2013 08:44 AM
Company A 25 Btn 14 FF
B
BoldFenianMan Offline
SNCO Contributor
BoldFenianMan  Offline
SNCO Contributor

B
Company A 25 Btn 14 FF

War battered dogs are we
Fighters in every clime;
Gnawing a naked bone,
Fighters in every clime-
Every cause but our own
Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156045
04/15/2013 10:08 AM
04/15/2013 10:08 AM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
The Marathon route was checked for explosive devices with bomb sniffing dogs so how come the bombs were not detected?

Could it be that they were placed after the dogs checked out the route.

The bombs were apparently placed in trash cans.

Last report has it that it might have been someone who was carrying two back packs.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156046
04/15/2013 10:09 AM
04/15/2013 10:09 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do0Un-d8bSA

Initial blame was on "right wing extremists", but apparently a Saudi national is in custody due to some evidence showing he had something to do with placing one or more of the bombs immediately before the explosions. Remember, in this kind event, a lot of people are going to be taking video at the same time, so there is quite likely video of whoever placed the bombs in the moments before the blasts, and the memory chips on most modern cell phones and video cameras are capable of surviving a blast if they are not right on top of the explosive main charge. Anyone placing a bomb at a large scale highly public event like that would have to assume they are on camera during the placement of the device, so sweeping the place with dogs up to the point lots of people with their own independent cameras arrive is not exactly an act of futility. It probably led to the bombers having to wait to place the explosives, then getting caught doing it and apprehended immediately after someone figured out it was them.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156047
04/15/2013 10:38 AM
04/15/2013 10:38 AM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
CBS reporters are speculating at this time, that it might have been a lone wolf right wing extremist.

Wouldn't the media and the Administration just love it to be an American who was responsible.

Breacher I hope your report is correct and it was a Saudi who did this. Please let it be anyone but an American.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156048
04/15/2013 11:26 AM
04/15/2013 11:26 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
Nobody here has any beef with the Boston Marathon, period. Not our fight, not our show.

Morris Dees does not give the orders here, not directly, not indirectly through some fuckhead like David Gletty. There are reasons why we are one of the smallest but among the oldest militia related boards on the net, and at least one moderator here dates back to the old usenet days, and one to the dialup only BBS days. Johnny Come Lately types like you see at the ripoff sites of WRAM or any one of a hundred Youtube channels are NOT us.

Anonymous is different people with a different agenda, but not exactly our enemies either, but I would expect them to come up with an official denial of the attack pretty soon.

At this point however, I need to make it brutally clear, that we officially deny any involvement in this action. There is no "green light" for an attack on Boston, there is no call for action against the local population there. As a matter of fact, some important business interests of mine are headquartered out of Boston and I am worried that some people critically important to that company might have been injured in that attack since their company has in the past acted as a sponsor for local sporting events like that, and at least one bomb looks like it went off in or near the VIP area at the finish line where they might have been if they were there.

I am also going to make another thing very clear about my personal position on false accusations; they need to be met with violent repression. No, it is not "just talk" to accuse someone of a crime, either directly or indirectly, and definitely not a crime of that type. If someone from the "mainstream left" wants to run their face about us doing violence, then talk shit at me with false accusations in person in a public place, and I will personally handle it from there.

I would also propose that anyone in the mainstream media or some bullshit "think tank" who wants to go accusing us of crimes like that deserves to have their name placed on the hit list. Boycott their business, vandalize their property, run them out of town, whatever, and yeah, we will not go into details online about how the "whatever" works except that them alive and in pain and whining loudly works better for the cause than just another unsolved murder. They need to feel the pain of consequence for doing us wrong like that.

Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156049
04/15/2013 11:37 AM
04/15/2013 11:37 AM
Okanogan County Washington Sta...
S
STRATIOTES Offline
Administrator
STRATIOTES  Offline
Administrator

S
Okanogan County Washington Sta...
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2022636,00.html#ixzz2QT8uhsFM "A top FBI counterterrorism official says the bureau's "biggest concern" is "the individual who has done the training, has the capability but is disenchanted with the group's action—or in many cases, inaction—and decides he's going to act alone." amusing

PISTIS en XPICT faith in Christ
Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156050
04/15/2013 12:29 PM
04/15/2013 12:29 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
In other words, they Administration had ordered a stand-down against Muslim groups and some fucktard wants to do some cognitive contortionism to still try and justify action against Militia groups or former militia members when the Islamic fundamentalists are the ones actually lighting off bombs. Any "liberal" eve attempting to be intellectually honest is going to call that kind of game BS, and that's what will lead to the eventual disintegration of the Democrat party, and not a day too soon.

Obama getting re-elected is really the best possible thing that could happen for us since we now don't even have to work that hard to point out examples of government ineptitude, dishonesty and corruption.

Imagine if all that shit went down with "President McCain" being so ready to surrender our rights for the privileges of the NeoCons the minute the opportunities present themselves. Put NeoCons in charge, and all that would be happening is someone like Joe Arpaio being put in charge of DHS and apart from who is in charge, the same shit would be going down.

Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156051
04/15/2013 01:57 PM
04/15/2013 01:57 PM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
I know no one on this site, or in my groups had anything or any reason to do this act...

Anyone, that says a patriot group did this is more than likely jumping to conclusions..

The Patriot movement has no reason to set off explosives, or in anyway hurt the very people we take an oath to protect..

This is not a Patriot movement action...

We are a defensive group who only respond to attacks, not initiate them..

There is no act of war currently stated between the Patriot movement and the Government..

Though we are in resistance mode,and will defend ourselves and our people, the patriot movement is not in any way involved in the Boston Marathon bombing...

But do not take that statement as weakness, we will not be attacked or maligned..

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156052
04/15/2013 02:20 PM
04/15/2013 02:20 PM
A 127 Btn 10 FF
L
Leo Offline
Leo  Offline
L
A 127 Btn 10 FF
There is no honor in this cowardly attack upon innocent people.

Fight the fight, Endure to win!
Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156053
04/15/2013 02:53 PM
04/15/2013 02:53 PM
Ohio
B
BuckeyeNCO Offline
BuckeyeNCO  Offline
B
Ohio
Originally posted by Leonidas:
There is no honor in this cowardly attack upon innocent people.
Roger that. May the perp(s) meet swift and merciless justice.

Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156054
04/15/2013 03:20 PM
04/15/2013 03:20 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efwV-h0QrO8

Thumbs up this video if you want this to be pretty close to the official statement coming from the movement on this, but I was thinking that some of us could do some sort of montage video with the various leadership elements in our community to deny and disavow anything to do with what happened, but I would caution against throwing accusations around, and I might have to redo my video over implying the arabs, but lets face it, those fuckers have been hitting the Northeastern states for a while, it's getting to be a pattern in that part of the country that most of the "experts" refuse to contend with.

Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156055
04/15/2013 03:46 PM
04/15/2013 03:46 PM
Company A 25 Btn 14 FF
B
BoldFenianMan Offline
SNCO Contributor
BoldFenianMan  Offline
SNCO Contributor

B
Company A 25 Btn 14 FF

War battered dogs are we
Fighters in every clime;
Gnawing a naked bone,
Fighters in every clime-
Every cause but our own
Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156056
04/15/2013 03:48 PM
04/15/2013 03:48 PM
Company A 25 Btn 14 FF
B
BoldFenianMan Offline
SNCO Contributor
BoldFenianMan  Offline
SNCO Contributor

B
Company A 25 Btn 14 FF

War battered dogs are we
Fighters in every clime;
Gnawing a naked bone,
Fighters in every clime-
Every cause but our own
Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156057
04/15/2013 03:51 PM
Company A 25 Btn 14 FF
B
BoldFenianMan Offline
SNCO Contributor
BoldFenianMan  Offline
SNCO Contributor

B
Company A 25 Btn 14 FF
http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2013/4/15_Maguire_-_LBMA_Default_Triggered_Gold_%26_Silver_Takedown.html

London Bullion Market will default soon.....there is a run on physical precious metals so they are dumping the fiat paper-only ownership shares of silver and gold. Perhaps Marathon False Flag is attempt to distract?

War battered dogs are we
Fighters in every clime;
Gnawing a naked bone,
Fighters in every clime-
Every cause but our own
Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156058
San Antonio, TX
10th Amendment Offline
10th Amendment  Offline
San Antonio, TX
911 attackers boarded planes in Boston.

States Rights
Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156059
04/15/2013 04:17 PM
04/15/2013 04:17 PM
Monroe, NY
T
ThePatriot Offline
ThePatriot  Offline
T
Monroe, NY
Anyone concerned that authorities were able to shut down the cell phone network in all of Boston so quickly? I heard this over Fox News during the bombing broadcast. Leaving millions of people without any way of communicating with loved ones after a tragedy like this is unacceptable.

So many of us are dependent upon those phones, losing their service leaves most of us paralyzed - unable to communicate and in many cases at a loss of what to do. Learn from this, prepare for this and ask yourself how would it be used against the American people by an oppressive government? What would you do if you lost phone service and internet? What if they controlled the news. What's your backup?

NYPatriot
Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156060
04/15/2013 04:36 PM
04/15/2013 04:36 PM
Company A 25 Btn 14 FF
B
BoldFenianMan Offline
SNCO Contributor
BoldFenianMan  Offline
SNCO Contributor

B
Company A 25 Btn 14 FF

War battered dogs are we
Fighters in every clime;
Gnawing a naked bone,
Fighters in every clime-
Every cause but our own
Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156061
04/15/2013 06:15 PM
04/15/2013 06:15 PM
Philistine Occupied CA
I
Imagrunt Offline
Imagrunt  Offline

I
Philistine Occupied CA
Too obvious this one.

Come on!

April 15th

Federal Income tax day

Boston

This one has the reek of an Alphabet False Flag.

My prayers go out to the victims and their families, and may the light of truth bring the perpetrator(s) swiftly to justice.

I would gladly lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my battle rifle, and thank God that He has put it within my grasp.

Audit Fort Knox!
Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156062
04/15/2013 08:27 PM
04/15/2013 08:27 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
Originally posted by ThePatriot:
Anyone concerned that authorities were able to shut down the cell phone network in all of Boston so quickly? I heard this over Fox News during the bombing broadcast. Leaving millions of people without any way of communicating with loved ones after a tragedy like this is unacceptable.

So many of us are dependent upon those phones, losing their service leaves most of us paralyzed - unable to communicate and in many cases at a loss of what to do. Learn from this, prepare for this and ask yourself how would it be used against the American people by an oppressive government? What would you do if you lost phone service and internet? What if they controlled the news. What's your backup?
We need to understand two things on this:

First, yes, people need emergency communications backup plans

Second, the most common relatively simple way to make radio controlled detonators work over long distances is to simply tie them in with disposable cell phones, or even stolen cell phones. A relatively common method in the rest of the world, so shutting down cell service in a situation like that is to be expected.

Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156063
04/15/2013 08:30 PM
04/15/2013 08:30 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
My guess is the feds got some sort of cryptic vague warnings from a foreign intelligence service prior to the attack (Saudis). A foreign intelligence service that wants to save face on both sides by giving a warning that makes them look like they are being helpful, yet not specific enough to stop the attack. Saves face with their relationship with the US government and then also with their constituency at home that supports these kinds of attacks and will figure out how to profit from them.

Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156064
04/16/2013 01:25 AM
04/16/2013 01:25 AM
North Carolina
S
safetalker Offline
safetalker  Offline
S
North Carolina
http://nesaranews.blogspot.com/2013/04/boston-marathon-um-coach-bomb-sniffing.html

This story makes it easier to smell the dead animals in the weeds. Like 9/11 they were already playing a game of catch the terrorist in the area.
What you have to understand is that when they are not running races or setting off Red Flag bombs this is the markets main street in Boston. When they shut it down for their investigation there is in effect another Banking Holiday only it effects all markets.
To quote my old buddy Bill Clinton:
"Its the economy Stupid"
One more day for those who transact behind the screens to pull their Silver and Gold out of the Currency wars and get it into small piles where it won't be bought or sold. Hopefully to become more valuable when the dust clears.

Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156065
04/16/2013 02:47 AM
04/16/2013 02:47 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
You know, everybody has a cell phone camera these days. And the finish line of the Boston Marathon has got to be one of the most photographed events in the world.

I'm betting that, whether they realize it or not, somebody caught something on their camera yesterday. And I'm even be willing to bet that this is what breaks this case.

Start going over photographs that day, taken before the explosions. Maybe we'll find who really planted and detonated those bombs.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156066
04/16/2013 03:22 AM
04/16/2013 03:22 AM
OCONUS
E
Exiled Offline
Exiled  Offline
E
OCONUS
First off, my thoughts and prayers are with the deceased, injured and their families. I've always found terrorizing civilian targets to be the ultimate act of a snivelling coward, there is no honor or glory in such an act. None. And the blood dancers in the press really should reflect before before opening their cock holsters and throwing accusations around. It is sick.

My personal thoughts (for what they're worth):

So... I may be adding 2 + 2 and getting potato here but Iraq was hit in 3 separate cities yesterday (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22149863) If it was indeed Islamic related, could this have been a co-ordinated campaign perhaps? What I've found a little strange is that no one has taken credit for it yet, food for thought. The first explosion appeared to be similar to a fuel cloud explosions I've seen in the past from careful study of industrial accidents (I wanted to get a machining job in oil and fuel but it fell through) but the second kind of reminded me of black powder.

I also watched the press conference Obama gave yesterday and noted he stopped short of calling it terrorism only to have the Whitehouse press office call it terrorism.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam"
Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156067
04/16/2013 03:58 AM
04/16/2013 03:58 AM
Ohio
B
BuckeyeNCO Offline
BuckeyeNCO  Offline
B
Ohio
What about the possibility of OWS involvement? Remember the plot to take down the Rt-82 bridge in Brecksville, Ohio last year?

Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156068
04/16/2013 04:19 AM
04/16/2013 04:19 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
I think Exiled is onto something. This was a coordinated attack, and I suspect partially thwarted in the US, but some how, some way, the Boston bomber slipped through.

It makes sense that vague warnings from the Saudi intelligence agencies or the Pakistani ISI were just enough to get the feds around the decoy bomb at the JFK library, then some more vague warning about the marathon finish line, so rather than panic the finish line area with a massive shutdown, they moved in force to investigate and contain if possible, but shutting down every single major event that is the subject of a bomb threat means shutting down the country, to the extent that anyone making a prank call can cause the same effect as a terrorist with a real bomb.

I would also guess that if there were simultaneous attacks in several cities in the sandbox, that someone outside the US is screaming with glee from the rooftops about their successes of yesterday, but that's what will forever be blacked out of the mainstream media.

Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156069
04/16/2013 04:22 AM
04/16/2013 04:22 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Originally posted by BuckeyeNCO:
What about the possibility of OWS involvement? Remember the plot to take down the Rt-82 bridge in Brecksville, Ohio last year?
That Occupy crowd has about as much reason to target the Boston Marathon as we do - which is to say, none. I just don't see them behind this.

When this story first broke, I thought that suicide bombers had finally hit here, but it appears that wasn't the case. That's a good thing, they usually cause more casualties.

Like everybody else, I'm puzzled that no one has taken responsibility for it yet. I wonder if this is some kind of extortion scheme, like with the D.C. snipers a few years back.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156070
04/16/2013 04:33 AM
04/16/2013 04:33 AM
Company A 25 Btn 14 FF
B
BoldFenianMan Offline
SNCO Contributor
BoldFenianMan  Offline
SNCO Contributor

B
Company A 25 Btn 14 FF
Well, which possible theory is true is yet to be determined......but it speaks well of folks here that they are thinking outside the box.

Whenever you see a major event that dominates media coverage the natural question that arises is what might this be a distraction from?

HOLD YOUR GOLD, DON'T SUCCUMB TO THE PRESSURE AND BE A VICTIM OF BAD MARKET TIMING!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1NupxasQWs

READ THE SUMMARY BELOW

Assault On Gold Update — Paul Craig Roberts:

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2013/04/13/assault-on-gold-update-paul-craig-roberts/

War battered dogs are we
Fighters in every clime;
Gnawing a naked bone,
Fighters in every clime-
Every cause but our own
Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156071
04/16/2013 04:36 AM
04/16/2013 04:36 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
It turns out that cell phone service wasn't shut down after the explosions. Cell service was simply flooded with calls.

In light of this afternoon's tragedy at the Boston Marathon, many across the world scrambled to contact loved ones through calls, texts, and social media. Cellular providers had beefed up their networks in advance of the Marathon, but even with the extra capacity the networks became flooded, leading to reports of users being unable to make calls.

There was confusion this afternoon when the Associated Press reported that cell service in the city would be intentionally shut off as police looked to prevent any possible cellular activation of another explosive. However, the news organization basically retracted its original story and found no such shutdown was ordered. The carriers said heavy usage caused connection delays—but service remained available in the city throughout the day.

"Verizon Wireless has not been asked by any government agency to turn down its wireless service. Any reports to that effect are inaccurate," Verizon spokesman Tom Pica told the IDG News Service in an e-mail.

The AP's initial report came from an anonymous law enforcement official, citing an intelligence briefing that supposedly outlined the service shutdown. The FCC later told ABC News it was not aware of any cellular shutdowns, and the news outlet confirmed the same with Sprint, AT&T, and Verizon. (T-Mobile had a similar message for VentureBeat.)

Connection difficulties occurred despite each carrier taking precautions before the race to boost service. Sprint spokeswoman Crystal N. Davis told ABC News that the carrier did "augment capacity on its cell sites along the marathon route" to prepare for the roughly 27,000 runners (plus friends, family, and fans) passing through. T-Mobile also upped its capacity. And after the incident unfolded, these carriers took actions to strengthen their offerings. The message to text instead of call spread throughout the city, Verizon enhanced its network voice capacity in the Copley Square area, and AT&T turned on extra Wi-Fi capacity "for an extended timeframe." ...
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156072
04/16/2013 04:37 AM
04/16/2013 04:37 AM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
Originally posted by ThePatriot:

This is another reason why you must have secured ways of communicating other then Cell Phones or internet..

Please go in the comms forum and read what you need to do..If you haven't already wink

As Airforce said most likely cell service was overpowered by calls,but let's play devils advocate...

If they had the power to shut it down...

They sure would not want the public to know that..Retractions of that story does not mean they didn't do it.

greywolf

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156073
04/16/2013 05:14 AM
04/16/2013 05:14 AM
OCONUS
E
Exiled Offline
Exiled  Offline
E
OCONUS
Ynet (a Jewish language media source) asks who the guy on the roof was and why was he shot? http://translate.google.com/translate?tl=en-us&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ynet.co.il%2Farticles%2F0%2C7340%2CL-4368458%2C00.html

Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156074
04/16/2013 05:33 AM
04/16/2013 05:33 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
The bombs were in 6-liter pressure cookers, and placed in black duffel bags. Go through photos taken before the explosions, and see if you can identify anyone a black duffel bag. I'm thinking someone placed these bombs about the time the winners were crossing the finish line, when there were huge crowds there.

A person briefed on the Boston Marathon investigation says the explosives were in 6-liter pressure cookers and placed in black duffel bags.

The person says the explosives were placed on the ground and contained shards of metal, nails and ball bearings. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing.

The person says law enforcement officials have some of the bomb components but did not yet know what was used to set off the explosives....
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156075
04/16/2013 06:14 AM
04/16/2013 06:14 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
It would make sense that the the authorities had some idea something was going down because at that point, they had confirmed the library bomb, and then going with the known SOP for Arab terrorists overseas, it would mean someone is set up out of range but in sight of the bombs and then would trigger them by command from a distance.

So they see a guy alone on a rooftop, start to figure stuff out, shoot him, he is bleeding out while his cohort is placing the last bomb, triggers the bombs prematurely before he loses consciousness but while his cohort had not quite gotten out of the blast radius.

Kind of makes sense to me. Fully explains why the guy in custody is mainly a "person of interest" and not solely the suspect. He might have been a patsy who got conned into placing the bomb, so the real question the Israelis are asking is about who got shot on one of the nearby rooftops and by whom.

Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156076
04/16/2013 06:40 AM
04/16/2013 06:40 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
[Linked Image]

I can't see where the fellow on the roof was shot, other than in the headline, and I think that is just a problem with Google Translate. And the fellow on the roof would not have a view of either explosion sites.

The bombs were apparently composed of gun powder and "ball bearing-type material," whatever the heck that means. If anyone knows how the bombs were detonated, they're not talking.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156077
04/16/2013 06:46 AM
04/16/2013 06:46 AM
OCONUS
E
Exiled Offline
Exiled  Offline
E
OCONUS
Sounds pretty plausible to me, Breacher. I've also seen from a few sources that someone's apartment was raided and evidence removed for examination by the Feds so maybe that is related.

Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156078
04/16/2013 06:49 AM
04/16/2013 06:49 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
Still makes sense. One guy is not carrying two large backpacks into the location, it was one guy per backpack, posted out where he could see a signal from the people placing the bombs as they go for cover. The first guy put his bomb into position, stepped over to the area to give his signal, second guy put his bomb into position, is on the way clear while something happens, someone figures it out, shoots the upstairs spotter guy, upstairs spotter guy triggers the bombs before bleeding out.

Possibility #2, someone at another location gets the signal that something is up, the cops are onto them, they start popping the bombs, DHS is onto that too, and previously were trying to trace the cell phone locations but had not figured out the main guy was on a roof, since there is some tracking error on the programs, and the maps are two-dimensional, so they were searching ground level. After the first bomb, decision is made to shut down the cell phone system on a countdown basis, then second bomb goes off, then additional bombs don't go off, but the search is on to find them.

If they manage to get hold of one of the phones intact, they can figure out how many and which numbers it had been calling, which would probably indicate the numbers and locations of the other explosive devices.

Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156079
04/16/2013 07:23 AM
04/16/2013 07:23 AM
OCONUS
E
Exiled Offline
Exiled  Offline
E
OCONUS
Pressure cookers are a classic AQ technique, in London during 7/7 they used pressure cookers, Mumbai and Madrid were also pressure cookers if I remember correctly and probably a whole shit load of other attacks too.

Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156080
04/16/2013 08:32 AM
04/16/2013 08:32 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
I guess the cookers would be filled up with black powder, Pyrodex, or some other gunpowder, and put in the bottom of the duffel bag, then the ball bearing piled in loosely around it? I can't see the bearing being put inside the containment vessel.

It looks like investigators had the same idea I did, they\'re asking folks for any photos taken before the blasts . (They call this "crowdsourcing," one of the modern words I hate so much.)

Law enforcement officials could have something very different on their hands as they investigate the dual bomb blasts that struck the Boston Marathon finish line today: a potential abundance of photo and video evidence from the public.

Government surveillance, while growing, still misses more than it catches. But events with thousands of spectators offer the potential for a detailed crowdsourced record of what happened.

This public panopticon is changing how we see the world. February's Russian meteor was captured by many dash-cams mounted in Russian cars, but in this case the event is of profound interest to law enforcement officials, not just scientists.

The Boston Police Department has begun requesting records about the explosions, which killed two people and injured dozens.

"Boston Police looking for video of the finish line," said Cheryl Fiandaca, chief of the department's public information bureau.
However, in a sign of the difficulties of such work, the Boston city government's Web site was unresponsive today after the blast....
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon #156081
04/16/2013 09:26 AM
04/16/2013 09:26 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.