12/13/2016 08:16 AM
12/13/2016 08:16 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content OP
ConSigCor  Online Content OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
House Republicans establish congressional Second Amendment Caucus

Sarah Lee December 11, 2016

Some Republican members of the House of Representatives have formed what they’re calling the congressional Second Amendment Caucus on Thursday.

According to reports, the group is being led by Kentucky Rep. Thomas Massie with the goal of drafting and sponsoring pro-gun legislation in the upcoming session of Congress. The group released a statement that read, in part:

Caucus members will lead efforts in the House of Representatives to pass meaningful firearms legislation and protect Americans against infringements of the Second Amendment.

The inaugural members of the new caucus include Republican Reps. Jeff Duncan (S.C.), Ted Yoho (Fla.), Brian Babin (Texas), Paul Gosar (Ariz.), Mark Meadows (N.C.), Ken Buck (Colo.), Alex Mooney (W.Va.), Justin Amash (Mich.), Jody Hice (Ga.), Dave Brat (Va.), Warren Davidson (Ohio), Scott Perry (Pa.) and James Comer (Ky.). Other member will be allowed to join if their voting record on gun legislation is acceptable to the caucus members.

According to The Washington Free Beacon, Massie noted that the Republican majority in Congress, as well as the election of a Republican president, contributed to the timing of the group’s decision to form.

“The recent election results present us with a new opportunity to advance pro-gun legislation and reverse the erosion of the Second Amendment that’s occurred over the last few decades,” he said, according to the Free Beacon. “I look forward to working with the new president and this determined group of conservatives to promote a pro-gun agenda.”

The group plans to sponsor and support pro-Second Amendment legislation, and take an active role in the education and training of caucus members by inviting firearms experts and constitutional scholars to speak with the group on a regular basis.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: House Republicans establish congressional Second Amendment Caucus #159942
12/13/2016 08:52 AM
12/13/2016 08:52 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
It would be hard to find a better man to lead it than Rep. Thomas Massie . I really don't trust Trump on the Second Amendment (or much of anything else, either), so I was happy to see this.

Onward and upward,
airforce

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.