05/01/2017 07:50 AM
05/01/2017 07:50 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
The War against the Confederacy

By Ray Starmann

The War against the Confederacy is a War against America.

The War against the Confederacy is a war on American history.

The War against the Confederacy is a war against all of us and a war on America’s institutions.

The War against the Confederacy is being waged by militant leftists, big government lackeys, aggrieved snowflakes and the hate America crowd.

Since a psychotic young man, who owned a Confederate flag, killed nine parishioners at a black church in South Carolina in June of 2015, the radical left, big government crowd in this country is doing something they’ve wanted to do since 1861, completely eradicate the Confederacy and every last vestige of its history.

For two years, the nation has watched as Confederate flags have been ripped down from city halls and state capitol buildings and have been banned from selling on Amazon, although one may freely purchase a Nazi, Soviet, Italian Fascist or a North Korean flag on the website. The harmless TV show, the Dukes of Hazzard was permanently cancelled by TV Land, even though it is one of the most popular shows in TV history. The reason being that the main characters drove a car named the General Lee that had a Rebel flag on the roof.

Yeah, those Duke Boys were some real racists.

It would be laughable if it wasn’t true. But, this is America in 2017, where cultural Marxists are running wild.

In every corner of the New South, the history of the Old South is being destroyed to placate the wishes of people who are motivated by the 21st Century version of fascism known as political correctness.

There is not a week that goes by now without seeing a news report concerning a Confederate monument that has been vandalized or is being torn down, in scenes that mimic the actions of ISIS in the Middle East or the SA in Nazi Germany. Statues of General Robert E. Lee are being carted off feet first, from Virginia to Texas, as if he was a deposed despot, instead of the most beloved general in American history.

In fact, last week in New Orleans, city officials began removing Confederate monuments that include statues of Lee, General P.T. Beauregard and Confederate President Jefferson Davis.

There is a dangerous trend infesting this country like malignant cancer cells. Anyone on the left who feels triggered or psychologically injured by a book, a speaker, a statue, a monument, a flag or a song, can claim some kind of special candyass status and demand that the speaker or in the case of the Confederacy, the flags, the statues and the monuments are destroyed.

You can’t eradicate history simply by removing statues, but that won’t stop the radical left.

Of course the most common argument for removing symbols of the Confederacy is that the symbols represent racism.

Is the Confederate flag racist? If it is in the hands of members of the KKK who are waving it, yes.

But, what about the person from North Carolina, for example, whose great, great grandfather served in the Army of Northern Virginia? Do they see that flag as a symbol of racism, or as the symbol of military history, or American history? I would assume the latter.

And, who has the right to tell them how to interpret history? When others order you to remove symbols of history, or to think a certain way that is simply fascism; nothing more and nothing less.

Still others would say that Robert E. Lee was a racist because he fought for the Confederacy. But, Lee himself never purchased or owned any slaves. He did inherit slaves from his father in law, George Custis. Some of the slaves were freed in 1857 and the rest in 1862. In fact if you had asked him, he would have told you he was opposed to slavery and that he fought the Civil War because his home state, Virginia, had been invaded by the Yankees.

What many of the wailing little fascists in America don’t know is that General Ulysses S. Grant, the man who prosecuted the war against Lee, the man whom Lee surrendered to in 1865, owned a slave named William Jones, whom he freed in 1859. In fact, Grant’s wife, Julia had four slaves, although they may have officially belonged to her father.

One would think the snowflakes and the liberal whining mayors would be demanding a removal of all Grant statues across the nation.

But, logic has never been a factor in the liberal thought process.

Do the liberal mayors, the PC governors and the little vandals of America know that only six percent of the soldiers fighting for the Confederacy actually owned any slaves?

If asked, Confederate soldiers would have said they were fighting because the North had invaded their land, or they were fighting against big government and the right to be left alone. Big government vs. small government; sounds familiar doesn’t it? It’s almost like it never really got resolved. Very few men were fighting to protect slavery, or the profits of King Cotton.

If asked, most soldiers in the Union Army would have said they were fighting to save the union. Except for abolitionists wearing blue, a majority weren’t fighting to free the slaves.

Sounds a little racist to me…

And, what about President Lincoln?

In 1861, Lincoln supported the original 13th Amendment or the Corwin Amendment. The Corwin Amendment was a proposed amendment to the United States Constitution that would shield “domestic institutions” of the states (which in 1861 included slavery) from the constitutional amendment process and from abolition or interference by Congress. It was passed by the 36th Congress on March 2, 1861, and submitted to the state legislatures for ratification. Senator William H. Seward of New York introduced the amendment in the Senate and Representative Thomas Corwin of Ohio introduced it in the House of Representatives. It was one of several measures considered by Congress in an ultimately unsuccessful attempt to attract the seceding states back into the Union and in an attempt to entice border slave states to stay.

The official text of the amendment reads: No amendment shall be made to the Constitution which will authorize or give to Congress the power to abolish or interfere, within any State, with the domestic institutions thereof, including that of persons held to labor or service by the laws of said State.

President Lincoln, in his first inaugural address on March 4, said of the Corwin Amendment:

I understand a proposed amendment to the Constitution—which amendment, however, I have not seen—has passed Congress, to the effect that the Federal Government shall never interfere with the domestic institutions of the States, including that of persons held to service … holding such a provision to now be implied constitutional law, I have no objection to its being made express and irrevocable.

Hmm…Sounds a little racist to me. Strangely, Steven Spielberg deleted any mention of the Corwin Amendment in his film, Lincoln. What a surprise.

Before the amendment could be ratified by all states, war broke out. But, the following states did ratify it: Kentucky, Ohio, Rhode Island, Illinois and Maryland.

Lincoln was a realist who would have done just about anything to save the Union, including tossing the constitution out the window, which he frequently did. Emancipation was a political legerdemain, to distract the nation from the series of Union Army defeats in the Eastern Theater and a litany of incompetent Union Army commanders. Lincoln needed the abolitionists behind him and something to rally the North; hence, the Emancipation Proclamation. Two years after emancipation, Lincoln was concocting ways for the black population to be relocated to British Colonies in the Caribbean before he was assassinated.

Whoaa…

Dirty little secret lefties, what if Lincoln was more of a racist than Lee?

Oh my God!

I bet your Marxist professor didn’t tell you that.

The victors wrote the history and sold the snake oil that they were the holy saviors defeating those evil slaver holders, even though almost all of the men they fought never owned a slave in their whole lives.

To compensate for their incompetence on the battlefield, the North developed the ‘holier than thou’ attitude. Lee may have run rings around the Army of the Potomac, but so what, he was evil and so was Jackson, Stuart, Longstreet, the entire Army of Northern Virginia and the Confederacy. Also included in the group of white nationalist racists were George Patton’s Confederate grandfather who was killed in 1864, Chesty Puller’s Confederate grandfather who was killed in 1863 and Woodrow Wilson’s father who was a CSA chaplain.

Combine a 150 year arrogant attitude with modern day political correctness and you have the current War against the Confederacy.

Don’t think for a moment that it will stop with Lee and Davis. There is no end to the militant fascism raging among left wing snowflakes.

Those who come for Lee today, will come for Lincoln tomorrow.

Soon, they will be demanding that statues of Jefferson, Washington and Andrew Jackson are destroyed. In fact Jackson has been run off the $20 bill to be replaced by Harriet Tubman.

After they are finished with them, they will go after Custer, Grant, Wyatt Earp, Teddy Roosevelt and FDR; after all he imprisoned the Japanese during WWII. When they’re done with FDR, they’ll come for Ike and Ronald Wilson Reagan.

Don’t think it will just be flags and statues. Next, there will be book burnings and destruction of private property belonging to people deemed enemies of the state.

It won’t stop until Americans put their feet down and say enough is enough. Frankly these people who try and tell us how to interpret our own history are nothing more than tyrants.

The War against the Confederacy is a war on freedom itself.

N.B. I’m not a Southerner. I’m from Northern Illinois and my relatives fought for the Union. In fact, my great, great, great uncle who served in the 2nd Indiana Cavalry, was captured during McCook’s Raid on Atlanta on July 30, 1864 and spent the rest of the war in Andersonville Prison.

He survived. But, it looks like American history won’t.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: The War against the Confederacy #160363
05/01/2017 11:02 AM
05/01/2017 11:02 AM
Tennessee
Hawk45 Offline
Moderator Officer Contributor
Hawk45  Offline
Moderator Officer Contributor
Tennessee
At Middle Tennessee State University the ROTC building was named 'Forrest Hall'. I say was because the PC crowd there insisted it be removed and re named. Never mind that his cavalry tactics were studied and used with modern armor cavalry by Erwin Rommel and George S. Patton. That is how Patton beat Rommel's plan in North Africa.

What the PC crowd forgets though is the MTSU sports teams are called the 'Blue Raiders'. This refers to General Forrest's raid on Murfreesboro where he captured a Union General in bed with not a shot fired. Forrest was also married here in town with Jefferson Davis in attendance.

I am just glad in this instance that the PC crowd is IGNORANT of actual history!

Re: The War against the Confederacy #160364
05/01/2017 11:38 AM
05/01/2017 11:38 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
I had two cousins who served under Forrest.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: The War against the Confederacy #160365
05/02/2017 02:33 AM
05/02/2017 02:33 AM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
I have been moving as most of you know ...so haven't been around much... But I have come to the conclusion after watching the lack of support for patriots defending the monument in New Orleans.. And the AntiFa attacking our patriots citizens at the monument.. That somehow...I don't know how, but somehow most American men have been neutered.. Or at least the men who would and could stand up to the tyranny happening in this nation...Whether through the magical use of fluoride or radio waves ( I am being sarcastic) or just apathy and cowardice the nation is done finished... People are to dumb to realize what is happening to them...Trying to educate them has become a waste of good energy for this old man LOL .. It just rips my heart out..

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: The War against the Confederacy #160366
05/02/2017 03:20 AM
05/02/2017 03:20 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Greywolf, I read an article titled "The Pussification of A Nation" a while back. The author uses the dictionary definition of pussy to describe the modern American male. I do believe he's correct. A few more short years and this country wont be worth trying to save.

Re: The War against the Confederacy #160367
05/02/2017 01:31 PM
05/02/2017 01:31 PM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
Originally posted by ConSigCor:
Greywolf, I read an article titled "The Pussification of A Nation" a while back. The author uses the dictionary definition of pussy to describe the modern American male. I do believe he's correct. A few more short years and this country wont be worth trying to save.
I wonder that now Doc.. You know how heart breaking it is to see people who really have no clue about the War Against Northern Aggression.. Just be used to divide and conquer this Nation.. I seriously believe the Confederacy should rise again allover this nation..

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: The War against the Confederacy #160368
05/04/2017 05:20 AM
05/04/2017 05:20 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
Sheriff Roscoe vs the Duke boys...

Consigcor is like our Uncle Jesse..

That show always was missing the Indian Confedrate biker element.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: The War against the Confederacy #160369
05/04/2017 06:07 AM
05/04/2017 06:07 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Indian Confedrate
Most people think the Cherokee all moved to Okla. during the Trail of Tears. But, there was a remnant that refused to surrender and formed an enclave in the Smoky Mountains. During the yankee invasion they formed Thomas' Highland Legion...2000 Cherokee and mountain men. They made guerilla warfare into a art form; spent the war hunting...had a nasty habit of collecting ears and making necklaces out of them.

Their descendants still live in the area and tell interesting stories about 'grandpa'.

Re: The War against the Confederacy #160370
05/04/2017 08:56 AM
05/04/2017 08:56 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
Yeah, I thought Charlie Puckett was the main paramilitary leader on that.

Re: The War against the Confederacy #160371
05/04/2017 04:54 PM
05/04/2017 04:54 PM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
Indian Confedrate
Most people think the Cherokee all moved to Okla. during the Trail of Tears. But, there was a remnant that refused to surrender and formed an enclave in the Smoky Mountains. During the yankee invasion they formed Thomas' Highland Legion...2000 Cherokee and mountain men. They made guerilla warfare into a art form; spent the war hunting...had a nasty habit of collecting ears and making necklaces out of them.

Their descendants still live in the area and tell interesting stories about 'grandpa'.
Don't forget about Gen. Stand Watie the last Confederate General to surrender.. Him and his Cherokee Braves troops ... all Cherokees..

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: The War against the Confederacy #160372
05/06/2017 01:06 PM
05/06/2017 01:06 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
Yeah, some real Yin Yang stuff on the claims of moral superiority with the union vs confederacy.

Re: The War against the Confederacy #160373
05/06/2017 02:06 PM
05/06/2017 02:06 PM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
I am in route to New Orleans...should be there in 5 hours.. Big protest planned for tomorrow.. I heard it the other day from Outlaw Morgan...They say that III%, League of the South, Sons of the Confederacy, 1%ers, and other bikers, some Vets, some Militia's local and from other areas are coming on one side...AntiFa, Black Lives Matter, Black Panthers, communists, and College students on the other side.. It was said by Morgan that everyone should come prepared because N.O. police have been ordered to stand down...I don't know whether that is BS or even if half will show up.. But I was headed back home anyway so I figure I'll make a detour... Just to see for myself.. Later...

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: The War against the Confederacy #160374
05/06/2017 02:14 PM
05/06/2017 02:14 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Remember what happened down there about 1870. The one's who weren't shot were left swinging in the breeze.

Be careful.

Re: The War against the Confederacy #160375
05/07/2017 04:11 PM
05/07/2017 04:11 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
Ok, got a few things figured out. Maybe discreetly coordinate with those guys from militia.com for the foreseeable future.

The Antifa leadership elements we would eventually absorb are unlikely to be there. There is a point where they need to figure out that their place in line in society is fairly low on the food chain.

I would definitely appreciate a boots on the ground assessment of the players.

Re: The War against the Confederacy #160376
05/07/2017 06:34 PM
05/07/2017 06:34 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
The Antifa leadership elements we would eventually absorb are unlikely to be there
And, they''re certainly not ever going to be welcome here.

Antifa is already showing their ass in NO...pelting the monument supporters with bottles and rocks. And, the pigs just stands idly by.

Tempers Flare Over Removal of Confederate Statues in New Orleans

By RICHARD FAUSSET MAY 7, 2017 [/B]

NEW ORLEANS — For Malcolm Suber, the Confederate monuments that dot this Deep South city stand for white supremacy, pure and simple. Instead of just taking them down, Mr. Suber, an African-American activist and organizer, would like to see the city pass out sledgehammers and “let everybody take a whack — just like the Berlin Wall.”

For Frank B. Stewart Jr., a white New Orleans native, the city government’s plan to remove the statues — an idea championed by New Orleans’s white mayor, Mitch Landrieu — feels like an Orwellian attempt to erase history. Last week, Mr. Stewart, 81, a businessman and civic leader, argued as much in a letter he published as a two-page advertisement in The Advocate, a local newspaper.

“I ask you, Mitch, should the Pyramids in Egypt be destroyed since they were built entirely from slave labor?” he wrote.

Mr. Stewart also wondered about the Roman Colosseum: “It was built by slaves, who lived horrible lives under Roman oppression, but it still stands today and we learn so much from seeing it.”

Such are the irreconcilable parameters of an ugly battle over race and history in New Orleans that seems to only be growing uglier, one that demonstrates the Confederacy’s enduring power to divide Americans more than 150 years after the cause was lost.
Continue reading the main story

“I can’t believe this is happening in my city,” said Charles Washmon, a 51-year-old contractor who was standing near a statue of Jefferson Davis, the Confederate president, on Thursday. Mr. Washmon, who is white, was part of a group of protesters waving Confederate flags who had been attracting both honks of support and invectives from passing cars all afternoon. Like Mr. Stewart, he feared that removing the statues would deprive a history-laden city of a crucial layer of its past. “It’s a travesty,” Mr. Washmon said.

In December 2015, Mr. Landrieu, a Democrat who will leave office next year because of term limits, signed an ordinance calling for the removal of four monuments related to the Confederacy and its aftermath. It was six months after Dylann Roof, a white supremacist with a fondness for Confederate symbols, massacred nine black people in a church in Charleston, S.C. One of the monuments, an obelisk honoring a violent uprising in 1874 by white New Orleanians who rejected Reconstruction, was taken down on April 24 by workers wearing flak jackets and scarves to conceal their identities.

The unease has only grown since then. Mr. Landrieu has said that the city plans to remove the remaining three monuments — first the statue of Davis, then those of two Confederate generals, P. G. T. Beauregard and Robert E. Lee — over the next month or so, though he has not announced exact dates. Last week, the statue of Beauregard was slathered in red paint by vandals. And Confederate sympathizers and fans of the statues have been flocking to the city from as far away as New Mexico and Colorado to protest their removal.

On Monday night, defenders of the statues squared off against a large group of opponents near the Davis statue in the Mid-City area. “Get the hell out of New Orleans,” the multiracial group of opponents sang, to the tune of “The Battle Hymn of the Republic,” using much stronger language, “because you’re not wanted here.”

The police arrested five people on charges of disturbing the peace and other infractions, and city officials have surrounded the statue with barricades and police guards. But the crowds continued to gather, and some defenders of the statues have come heavily armed. A man who referred to himself only as K. K. walked along a median on Tuesday carrying an AK-47, with a Glock handgun on his waist.

Mr. Landrieu has said the city is sticking to the plan, though it appears that will not be easy. Removing the remaining statues will require the use of a heavy crane, and the mayor told The Times-Picayune that every crane company in the region had received threats.

On Sunday afternoon, anti-statue protesters numbering 500, according to police estimates, took to the streets in a boisterous second line parade through the French Quarter and downtown, ending at Lee Circle, the roundabout where the Lee statue is. There, they faced off against about 150 protesters who had come from all over the country in a show of support for the statue. Some of the counterdemonstators brandished Confederate battle flags. Some exhibited Pepe the Frog insignia and other trappings of the so-called alt-right, a fringe movement that embraces white nationalism. And some wore improvised battle gear, including bike helmets, shin guards and homemade shields.

But the New Orleans Police Department had erected barriers to separate the two groups. Louisiana is an open-carry gun state, but police officials had warned that guns would be banned at Sunday’s protest, citing a city ordinance. One local man had brought large speakers that he used to crank out pop tunes, including Abba’s “Dancing Queen,” a soundtrack that helped transform the proceedings from ominous to farcical.

Beau Tidwell, the communications director for the Police Department, said that three people were arrested Sunday for disturbing the peace over minor scuffles.

Still, the rising tensions came at an awkward time for the city, and for the mayor. This is the season when the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival takes center stage, showing off to thousands of tourists the glories of Louisiana’s musical multiculturalism and its deep ties to Africa, the Caribbean, Latin America and the white rural South.

For Mr. Landrieu, who declined to be interviewed, the trouble also underscores the difficulties he has faced in meeting his goal of bringing racial harmony to New Orleans. The city is 60 percent black and 33 percent white, and it is burdened by severe economic disparities.

Mr. Landrieu’s father, Maurice Edwin Landrieu, known as Moon, served as mayor from 1970 to 1978, and he earned the respect of many black residents by opening up the city’s contracting jobs to them. The current mayor, who enjoys some of that good will, said in a statement in late April that the statues would be moved to a museum “or other facility where they can be put in context,” and thus show the world that New Orleans celebrates “diversity, inclusion and tolerance.”

The statement also noted that the statues were erected decades after the end of the war and were meant to “demonstrate that there was no sense of guilt for the cause in which the South fought the Civil War.”

Wesley Lynch III, a 25-year-old African-American, said the gesture was an important one. Mr. Lynch was standing by the flag-wavers near the Davis statue on Thursday, having encountered them after paying his light bill at the nearby power company office. He is unemployed — his last job was at a Popeyes chicken restaurant — and he spoke, with passion and despair, about the statues not as relics, but as living symbols of a social order that, from his experience, wanted people like him to rise only so far.

“They’re putting that image right in our face and saying, ‘Blacks at the bottom, whites at the top,’” he said. “That’s what they’re saying.”

The supporters of the statues run the gamut. Among them is David Duke, the former Ku Klux Klan leader who has run for office several times in Louisiana. Rather predictably, he sees the removals as “destroying our heritage” and has called Mr. Landrieu “a traitorous cuck,” deploying a slur used by white nationalists and the alt-right to insult politicians as weak and unmanly.

There are many, however, like Mr. Stewart, who profess no love for either white supremacy or slavery. Mr. Stewart said the statues serve as a reminder of society’s evolution away from such noxious ideas — proof, he said, that “we have come a long way from our ancestors.”

A number of the statue supporters keeping vigil by the Davis monument agreed with that sentiment, adding that they did not believe the Civil War had been fought over slavery. “It really was an economic issue,” K. K., the man with the AK-47, said on Tuesday.

Others said they worried that the removals would create a slippery slope. Where would it end, they asked? Would a statue of George Washington be next?

Such concerns were unlikely to be assuaged by Mr. Suber, an adjunct professor of political science at Southern University, an avowed Marxist-Leninist, and an organizer of an anti-statue group called the Take ’Em Down NOLA Coalition. He noted that he had been part of a group that persuaded the Orleans Parish School Board to pass a policy in 1992 that prohibited schools from being named for slave owners. It eventually led to a school called George Washington Elementary being renamed for Dr. Charles Richard Drew, a prominent black surgeon.

On Thursday, Mr. Suber chuckled mischievously and said he would be delighted to see the statue of Washington over by the New Orleans Public Library come down, too.

“He was a slave master,” he said. “Right?”

Re: The War against the Confederacy #160377
05/13/2017 01:10 PM
05/13/2017 01:10 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Democrats erasing history in American South

Under cover of darkness and with construction crews wearing masks, they drove Old Dixie down in New Orleans.

A statue of Confederate States of America President Jefferson Davis was removed from its podium early Thursday morning, one of four Confederate memorials Democratic Mayor Mitch Landrieu has vowed to banish from the city in the name of “diversity, inclusion and tolerance” in the crime-ridden Louisiana city.

Though the removal of the statue was greeted with a cheer, The Lost Cause was not without its supporters, many of whom waved Confederate battle flags and called for the mayor to be imprisoned.

David Barton, a historian and author of “The Jefferson Lies,” said the crusade against Confederate monuments is simply an attempt by the left to erase history. He said even monuments that some might think are offensive can be used for a good purpose.

“Confederate Memorials would not need to be taken down if we still truly taught American history,” he told WND. “I can stand below the statue of Jefferson Davis, and although there were many good things that he did do, particularly before he joined the Confederacy, I can make his statue a positive helpful lesson by telling what we can learn from his life, including the bad that he did.

“I could explain the devastation, humiliation and tyranny that results from him having a philosophy that sees people not as individuals but only as part of groups, and that tries to interpret the Constitution apart from the values of the Declaration of Independence. Of course, progressives, liberals and the courts are doing that now! I wonder where that will lead? History clearly tells us – if only we still knew that history.”

Barton also believes the Democrats cheering the statues being taken down would be shocked if they knew the history of their own party.

“The city plans to pull down four statues, those of Jefferson Davis, PGT Beauregard, the Crescent City White League and Robert E. Lee,” he noted. “I hope they tell the folks in New Orleans that all of these monuments honor Democrats, and that the Confederacy was led solely by Southern leaders of the Democrat Party. In a Democrat city like New Orleans, I can’t understand why Democrat leaders want old venerated Democrat heroes taken down!”

Scott Greer, author of “No Campus For White Men,” says the answer is obvious. While he agrees with Barton the destruction of the statues is an attempt by the left to erase history, he argues what is happening has nothing to do with political parties but is something more primal.

“It’s an attempt to wipe out any pride Southerners should have in their heritage,” said Greer. “It’s the same kind of process we see on college campuses, where anything white people did in the past tends to be demonized. The left is driven by a desire to interpret all of history through the eyes of 21st century progressive dogma. In their eyes, everything about the American past is bad and shameful and must be driven into the dirt.”

Barton agrees the intolerant atmosphere on leftist dominated college campuses has spread to the larger society. He believes the left’s militancy will eventually backfire.

“We have created a snowflake environment that demands safe spaces for things that challenge the politically correct bias of the month,” he said.

“Soon we’ll have to take down Susan B. Anthony statues because even though she fought for women’s suffrage, she was openly pro-life; and, in today’s women’s movement, no one can be a true woman unless she supports Planned Parenthood and abortion. And of course Harriet Tubman statues will be taken down, for even though she was a leading conductor on the Underground Railroad bringing slaves to freedom, she was also a huge advocate for the right to keep and bear arms. For modern civil rights advocates, guns are anathema, and no true civil rights advocate can be for guns!

“We no longer look at heroes as people or as complex individuals; rather we now judge them solely by one issue, whatever that issue happens to be at the time. We are creating a culture where we believe we have a right not to be offended or even have our misconceptions challenged; and we’re willing to use coercion to keep ‘me’ from being offended, even if that offends ‘you.’ What offends us now is so routinely redefined that probably no statue now will survive more than a generation before it becomes offensive to someone who will demand its removal.”

Barton is no fan of the Confederacy or of certain American leaders such as Andrew Jackson, whom he faulted for being “pro-slavery” and “forcibly taking American lands.” But Barton believes statues should remain to teach students about the American past. He also believes American Founding Fathers such as George Washington and Thomas Jefferson can be defended because their work ultimately led to the abolition of slavery.

“Washington and Jefferson both owned slaves, but their state laws made it difficult if not impossible for them to free all their slaves,” said Barton. “Yet there were few Virginia voices more anti-slavery than those two. Both worked to advance abolition laws in their state and both signed federal anti-slavery laws. There is a reason that black civil rights leaders for generations praised both Washington and Jefferson.”

But Greer believes conservatives are underestimating the ferocity of what they are facing.

“Too many conservatives think they will be able to draw this distinction between figures such as Robert E. Lee, or Andrew Jackson or George Washington,” he said. “But to the left, there is no distinction between any of these figures, any of these dead white men they so hate. Conservatives cannot support taking down Confederate monuments and think somehow the statues and monuments to the slave-owning Founding Fathers will still remain up. Nor will it stop there. The anti-Confederate push will eventually swell to consume all of American history. Look what’s happening on college campuses.”

Indeed, Malcolm Suber, an organizer of one of the groups agitating to take down the statues, the Take ‘Em Down NOLA Coalition, is a professor of political science at a historically black college and was casually identified by the New York Times as “an avowed Marxist-Leninist.”

Suber has previously been a part of activist efforts that successfully renamed a school that originally honored George Washington. He also told the Times he wanted to see the statue of Washington by the New Orleans Public Library be taken down.

Greer pointed out reports the statue dedicated to Joan of Arc had been recently defaced by unknown protesters, though it would be hard to blame Joan of Arc for slavery. He also noted Lee Circle, now being targeted for removal, had been vandalized soon after President Donald Trump’s election by spray-painted slogans including “die whites die” and “black power.”

Furthermore, said Greer, monuments and statues to Thomas Jefferson are also habitually attacked, even at his own alma mater. After Confederate monuments are removed nationwide, suggested Greer, it seems likely Jefferson is next.

“It’s not about politics or ‘limited government’ or Republicans versus Democrats,” said Greer. “Just listen to the words of those agitating for this. They always want more and they aren’t going to stop with the Confederate flag. They aren’t going to stop with George Washington or Thomas Jefferson either. They want to take away our entire history. And unless conservatives stop apologizing and actually start pushing back, they’re probably going to win. The whole country will look like one far-left college campus.”

Re: The War against the Confederacy #160378
05/13/2017 04:46 PM
05/13/2017 04:46 PM
In the Mountains
N
North Force Offline
North Force  Offline
N
In the Mountains
While the "Dems' may behind the removal of these historic statues - There are plenty of "Conservative" cops guarding/EnForceing the process.

Yup, good cops at work again.

"To achieve One World Government it is necessary to remove from the minds of men their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions and national identification."
~ Brock Chisholm, when director of UN World Health Organization
Re: The War against the Confederacy #160379
05/19/2017 12:45 PM
05/19/2017 12:45 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Just watched a "news report" on NPR. Two LA politicians, one white, one black, discussed the removal of the Confederate statues in New Orleans.

They are never satisfied. According to them every statue, every symbol of the Confederacy "must be eradicated if we are to preserve our democracy". They want all 700+ Southern monuments removed; claiming "they have no place in a progressive, inclusive america". This 'academic' trash intends to literally rewrite history.

How the hell are we being "inclusive" if we eliminate the history and culture of an entire section of the country? mad

Re: The War against the Confederacy #160380
05/19/2017 01:29 PM
05/19/2017 01:29 PM
washington
mak9030mag Offline
mak9030mag  Offline
washington
Call it what it is. Small steps till full blown communism is acheived.
We were all warned.

Mak
Re: The War against the Confederacy #160381
05/26/2017 01:24 AM
05/26/2017 01:24 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
After the Confederates, who's next?

Patrick J. Buchanan

On Sept. 1, 1864, Union forces under Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman, victorious at Jonesborough, burned Atlanta and began the March to the Sea where Sherman’s troops looted and pillaged farms and towns all along the 300-mile road to Savannah.

Captured in the Confederate defeat at Jonesborough was William Martin Buchanan of Okolona, Mississippi, who was transferred by rail to the Union POW stockade at Camp Douglas, Illinois.

By the standards of modernity, my great-grandfather, fighting to prevent the torching of Georgia’s capital, was engaged in a criminal and immoral cause. And “Uncle Billy” Sherman was a liberator.

Under President Grant, Sherman took command of the Union army and ordered Gen. Philip Sheridan, who had burned the Shenandoah Valley to starve Virginia into submission, to corral the Plains Indians on reservations.

It is in dispute as to whether Sheridan said, “The only good Indian is a dead Indian.” There is no dispute as to the contempt Sheridan had for the Indians, killing their buffalo to deprive them of food.

Today, great statues stand in the nation’s capital, along with a Sherman and a Sheridan circle, to honor these most ruthless of generals in that bloodiest of wars that cost 620,000 American lives.

Yet, across the South and even in border states like Kentucky, Maryland and Missouri, one may find statues of Confederate soldiers in town squares to honor the valor and sacrifices of the Southern men and boys who fought and fell in the Lost Cause.

When the Spanish-American War broke out, President McKinley, who as a teenage soldier had fought against “Stonewall” Jackson in the Shenandoah and been at Antietam, bloodiest single-day battle of the Civil War, removed his hat and stood for the singing of “Dixie,” as Southern volunteers and former Confederate soldiers paraded through Atlanta to fight for their united country. My grandfather was in that army.

For a century, Americans lived comfortably with the honoring, North and South, of the men who fought on both sides.

But today’s America is not the magnanimous country we grew up in.

Since the ’60s, there has arisen an ideology that holds that the Confederacy was the moral equivalent of Nazi Germany and those who fought under its battle flag should be regarded as traitors or worse.

Thus, in New Orleans, statues of Jefferson Davis, president of the Confederate States of America, and Gen. Robert E. Lee were just pulled down. And a drive is underway to take down the statue of Andrew Jackson, hero of the Battle of New Orleans and president of the United States, which stands in Jackson Square.

Why? Old Hickory was a slave owner and Indian fighter who used his presidential power to transfer the Indians of Georgia out to the Oklahoma Territory in a tragedy known as the Trail of Tears.

But if Jackson, and James K. Polk, who added the Southwest and California to the United States after the Mexican-American War, were slave owners, so, too, were four of our first five presidents.

The list includes the father of our country, George Washington, the author of the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson, and the author of our Constitution, James Madison.

Not only are the likenesses of Washington and Jefferson carved on Mount Rushmore, the two Virginians are honored with two of the most magnificent monuments and memorials in Washington, D.C.

Behind this remorseless drive to blast the greatest names from America’s past off public buildings and to tear down their statues and monuments is an egalitarian extremism rooted in envy and hate.

Among its core convictions is that spreading Christianity was a cover story for rapacious Europeans who, after discovering America, came in masses to dispossess and exterminate native peoples. “The white race,” wrote Susan Sontag, “is the cancer of human history.”

Today, the men we were taught to revere as the great captains, explorers, missionaries and nation-builders are seen by many as part of a racist, imperialist, genocidal enterprise, wicked men who betrayed and eradicated the peace-loving natives who had welcomed them.

What they blindly refuse to see is that while its sins are scarlet, as are those of all civilizations, it is the achievements of the West that are unrivaled. The West ended slavery. Christianity and the West gave birth to the idea of inalienable human rights.

As scholar Charles Murray has written, 97 percent of the world’s most significant figures and 97 percent of the world’s greatest achievements in the arts, architecture, literature, astronomy, biology, earth sciences, physics, medicine, mathematics and technology came from the West.

What is disheartening is not that there are haters of our civilization out there, but that there seem to be fewer defenders.

Of these icon-smashers it may be said: Like ISIS and Boko Haram, they can tear down statues, but these people could never build a country.

What happens, one wonders, when these Philistines discover that the seated figure in the statue, right in front of D.C.’s Union Station, is the High Admiral of the Ocean Sea, Christopher Columbus?

Happy Memorial Day!

Re: The War against the Confederacy #160382
05/27/2017 05:01 PM
05/27/2017 05:01 PM
San Antonio, TX
Mexneck Offline
Mexneck  Offline
San Antonio, TX
We live in an Orwellian future. The state uses the threat of harm to our families as the lever to keep us in line.

Well, this is it.
Re: The War against the Confederacy #160383
05/28/2017 04:18 AM
05/28/2017 04:18 AM
43/18
McMedic Offline
McMedic  Offline
43/18
[b]After the Confederates, who's next?
[/b]
Sam Houston statue in Hermann Park causing controversy

Re: The War against the Confederacy #160384
05/28/2017 04:20 AM
05/28/2017 04:20 AM
43/18
McMedic Offline
McMedic  Offline
43/18
Originally posted by Mexneck:
We live in an Orwellian future. The state uses the threat of harm to our families as the lever to keep us in line.
Which is why we need out own "underground railroad" and system of safe houses.

Re: The War against the Confederacy #160385
05/29/2017 04:48 AM
05/29/2017 04:48 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Why Democrats want you to forget the Confederacy

Joseph Farah

[Linked Image]

Have you noticed the movement to remove statues, memorials, flags and markers that commemorate the historical reality of the Confederacy in America?

Earlier this month, we saw another vivid example of this when New Orleans removed the last of three statues of Confederate heroes – Robert E. Lee, Jefferson Davis and P.T. Beauregard.

It’s happening in dozens of states – not just Southern. Some of these monuments have been around for nearly 150 years.

What’s this new war on the Confederacy all about?

I have a theory. I don’t think it explains the phenomenon in its entirety. But I definitely think it’s part of the explanation for the scorched-earth policy against American history, the attempt to erase any historical vestige of the most costly war in our history.

First, you will notice that Democrats are nearly always at the forefront of this kind of activity.

Why would that be?

Could it be because they are embarrassed and ashamed of their party’s own history?

You see, Jefferson Davis, the only president of the Confederacy, was a Democrat. In fact, for 50 years after the War Between the States, the white South was dominated almost entirely by the Democratic Party. White Democrats ran the South during the war, through the Jim Crow days of segregation and right up until the early 1960s.

Not a single Democrat in that era ever suggested destroying statues of Confederate heroes, taking down Confederate flags or toppling monuments memorializing the Confederacy.

What’s more, the Ku Klux Klan would have discouraged such demolition. And the Ku Klux Klan was the military arm of the Democratic Party. As you can learn in Ben Kinchlow’s amazing book, “Black Yellow Dogs,” the Klan didn’t just lynch blacks, they also strung up plenty of white Republicans.

Kinchlow is hardly alone in reporting this. Historian Eric Foner, author of “A Short History of Reconstruction,” summed it up thusly: “In effect, the [Ku Klux] Klan was a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party, the planter class, and all those who desired the restoration of white supremacy. Its purposes were political in the broadest sense, for it sought to affect power relations, both public and private, throughout Southern society. It aimed to destroy the Republican Party’s infrastructure, undermine the Reconstruction state, re-establish control of the black labor force and restore racial subordination in every aspect of Southern Life.”

What occurs to me as I read these stunning words is how successful the Democratic Party has actually been in achieving those goals over the last 130 years. Today, it not only has “control of the black labor force,” it has control over the black vote – the very vote it sought to deny for most of those 130 years after the War Between the States.

Here’s some more from Foner, who tells the story most Americans have never heard – that the Klan’s war was not just against blacks; it was against Republicans:

Violence was typically directed at Reconstruction’s local leaders. As Emmanuel Fortune, driven from Jackson, County, Florida, by the Klan, explained: “The object of it is to kill out the leading men of the Republican Party … men who have taken a prominent stand.”

Jack Dupree, victim of a particularly brutal murder in Monroe County, Mississippi – assailants cut his throat and disemboweled him, all within sight of his wife, who had just given birth to twins – was “president of a Republican club” and known as a man who “would speak his mind.”

On occasion, violence escalated from the victimization of individuals to wholesale assaults on the Republican Party and its leadership. In October 1870, after Republicans carried Laurens County, in South Carolina’s Piedmont belt, a racial altercation at Laurensville degenerated into a “negro chase” in which bands of whites drove 150 freedmen from their homes and committed 13 murders. The victims included the newly elected white probate judge, a black legislator and others “known and prominent as connected with politics.”

Founded in 1866 as a Tennessee social club, the Ku Klux Klan spread into nearly every Southern state, launching a “reign of terror” against Republican leaders black and white. Those assassinated during the campaign included Arkansas Congressman James M. Hinds, three members of the South Carolina legislature, and several men who had served in constitutional conventions. In Louisiana, even moderate ex-Governor Hahn by October complained that “murder and intimidation are the order of the day in this state.” White gangs roamed New Orleans, intimidating blacks and breaking up Republican meetings. In St. Landry Parrish, a mob invaded the plantations, killing as many as 200 blacks. Commanding Gen. Lovell Rousseau, a friend and supporter of the president, refused to take action, urging blacks to stay away from the polls for self-protection and exulting that the ‘ascendance of the negro in this state is approaching its end.”

I could go on and on with this well-documented history, but you get the point.

Today we think of the Democratic Party as the champion of black Americans, more than 90 percent of whom support the party. But it was the other way just 60 or 70 years ago in America. The Republican Party was their party – the party of Lincoln, the party of desegregation, the party of abolition.

What changed?

Democratic Party tactics.

It was President Lyndon Baines Johnson who got the idea of the Democrat Party becoming the “champion” of black Americans by enticing them into dependency through welfare-style programs.

This is why the late Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican. He understood the history. He recognized who represented political allies and political foes.

Now do you understand why Democrats have a special desire to stamp out, erase and eradicate all history about this period?

They simply don’t want their cover blown!

Re: The War against the Confederacy #160386
05/29/2017 05:14 AM
05/29/2017 05:14 AM
San Antonio, TX
Mexneck Offline
Mexneck  Offline
San Antonio, TX
I think it's more than that. I think they're afraid to have citizens be educated that someone stood up to Yankee imperialism. You know, those Southern boys may get the idea that Texas needs to succeed and take the rest of the South with it.

Well, this is it.
Re: The War against the Confederacy #160387
05/29/2017 04:55 PM
05/29/2017 04:55 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
I think it's more than that. I think they're afraid to have citizens be educated that someone stood up to Yankee imperialism.
You're right.

Farah's article is correct, as far as it goes. But, he leaves out several salient points.

The modern democrat party is NOT the democrat party of 1865-1875.

And, the republican party was not the "friend of the negro" as we were all taught. They USED the negro as pawn in a chess game to subjugate the South.

Our military was defeated in 1865; however our government NEVER officially surrendered. In fact our president and his cabinet were captured on their way to Texas. And President Davis was incarcerated for two years...held without trial. The supreme court finally advised the federal government to release him because if Davis was put on trial he stood a strong chance of proving the South had the right to secede. Something the north did not want known.

Furthermore, the South was under martial law and occupation for 10 years after the surrender. It was divided into military districts ruled by a military "governor". Our state legislatures were disbanded and our duly elected representatives replaced by uneducated Negros. Our state militia's were disbanded and replaced by all black units which were used to enforce martial law against the former Confederates. White veterans who had served the Confederacy lost the right to vote AND lost their second amendment rights. All had to swear an oath of allegiance to the federal government or loose all their rights...NOTICE I did not say an oath to the constitution. THESE things are the cause of the racial animosity that came after the war.

We were all taught in school that the Clan was formed to terrorize the Negro. And, Yes there were many atrocities committed against innocent blacks. However, the actual reason the Clan was formed was to wage war against the yankee army of occupation and remove them and their collaborators by any means necessary.

On a personal note:

Most modern Americans don't understand why some in the South still hate the yankee government.

If you go to Vicksburg Miss and walk around the national cemetery you are standing on what was once my families farm. When Grant seized Vicksburg he confiscated it and threw my family out on the street with nothing but the clothes on their back. He told the family servants that he was their "liberator". He liberated them all right; more like stole them for himself. They were "impressed" into the service of the federal army. As one of Grant's subordinates told my kinfolk..."Those people used to be your property. We have freed them. Now they are our niggers." Years later some of the blacks told our family that the yankees treated them worse than my people ever did. They didn't hate my family. They hated the yankee's who freed them, used them and then cast them aside with nothing to go back to.

Re: The War against the Confederacy #160388
06/01/2017 03:03 AM
06/01/2017 03:03 AM
43/18
McMedic Offline
McMedic  Offline
43/18
...Texas needs to succeed and take the rest of the South with it.
Best idea I've heard in a while.

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.