Print Thread
Florida School Finally Admits Mistakes? #161241
02/22/2018 09:06 AM
02/22/2018 09:06 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content OP
ConSigCor  Online Content OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
It’s Too Late – Broward County School Board Beginning to Admit Their Mistakes?…

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...board-beginning-to-admit-their-mistakes/

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Florida School Finally Admits Mistakes? #161242
02/22/2018 01:05 PM
02/22/2018 01:05 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Armed officer at school "never went in" during shooting.

Broward Sheriff Scott Israel has announced that the school resource deputy for Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School has resigned amid an internal investigation.

Israel made the announcement during a news conference Thursday afternoon.

According to Israel, Deputy Scot Peterson was on campus at the time of the shooting that killed 17 people.

However, Israel said video showed the deputy arriving at the west side of the building where the shooting took place. Peterson then took up a position but “never went in.”

The sheriff said the revelation made him “devastated, sick to my stomach.”

When asked what the deputy should have done, Israel replied, “Went in. Address the killer. Kill the killer.”

Israel said he decided to suspend Peterson without pay pending an investigation, but Peterson decided to resign.

BSO Col. Jack Dale said two other BSO deputies, Edward Eason and Guntis Treijis, were placed on restrictive duty as investigators determine whether anything more could have been done concerning accused shooter Nikolas Cruz.

“I’ve restricted two of our deputies as we dig deeper into this, take statements and make a decision to see whether or not they could have done more, should’ve done more,” Israel said during the press conference....
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Florida School Finally Admits Mistakes? #161243
02/22/2018 01:40 PM
02/22/2018 01:40 PM
Omaha Nebraska
Huskerpatriot Offline
Huskerpatriot  Offline
Omaha Nebraska
They need to enforce the laws already on the books, follow the policies and procedures.... this would have either fully prevented this tragedy, or at least greatly reduced the death toll.

Amazing how they use THEIR failings as grounds to pursue THEIR agenda.

"Government at its best is a necessary evil, and at it�s worst, an intolerable one."
 Thomas Paine (from "Common Sense" 1776)
Re: Florida School Finally Admits Mistakes? #161244
02/22/2018 02:34 PM
02/22/2018 02:34 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Florida School Finally Admits Mistakes? #161245
02/22/2018 03:48 PM
02/22/2018 03:48 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Armed police are guarding the home ... action in the Parkland school shooting. They have to protect him, because he didn't protect the kids. You can't make this stuff up.

Deputies from the Palm Beach County Sheriff's office are guarding the home of the school resource officer who was stationed at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School after his family requested the protection, according to multiple news reports on Thursday.

Local Fox affiliate WSVN said it sent a reporter to the Boynton Beach, Florida, home of Broward County Sheriff's deputy Scot Peterson for an interview when the reporter was met with six deputies "standing guard outside."

Peterson's family is believed to have asked for the protection, according to NBC affiliate WPTV reporter Andrew Lofholm.

Peterson resigned from his post at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School following the shooting at the campus in which 17 people died. He was later criticized after an internal investigation found he never entered the building where the shooting occurred.

"I am devastated," Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said at a news conference. "Sick to my stomach. He never went in."

Peterson, who was armed and in uniform at the time, reportedly did "nothing" and remained outside of the building for at least four minutes during the incident, according to Israel.

Peterson had been the high school's resource officer since 2009 and made a salary of $75,673.72 in 2016, according to The South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
The FBI did nothing. The Sheriff did nothing. Clearly the shooting is the NRA's fault. :rolleyes:

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Florida School Finally Admits Mistakes? #161246
02/23/2018 05:13 AM
02/23/2018 05:13 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Viral Meme Shows the Real Issue Behind Liberals’ Obsession With Gun Control

By Cillian Zeal
February 22, 2018

The only question after every school shooting is how quickly it begins.

I’m talking, of course, about calls for guns to be banned and confiscated. This time, it was surprisingly swift and predictably fact-free.

There were, of course, the tweets from liberal luminaries, many of whom used outright lies masquerading as statistics to explain their position. Then there were the angry and/or weepy liberal news anchors berating the GOP for their response. The only twist in the narrative this time was a supposed political movement of cherry-picked high school students who were calling for gun control, all of which was given conspicuous coverage.

The FBI’s mishandling of the case, meanwhile, was pushed to the back-burner. The same thing happened to calls to focus on mental health, even though it quickly became clear the shooter had raised numerous red flags with his behavior in the past and was on the radar of law enforcement.

The most conspicuously-ignored proposal to stop shootings like the one in Parkland, Florida from occurring, however, was the suggestion that schools increase their security. In fact, when Ted Cruz went on CNN to talk about it, the network didn’t even bother to air the footage and half-anchor/half-pundit Chris Cuomo later had the audacity to call Cruz out for shirking an interview with “The Most Trusted Name In News.”

That’s because it involves guns — and, if there’s anything we know from the media, it’s that guns are evil and the more gun-free zones there are, the better. Yet, increased security on campus — in particular letting trained teachers conceal carry — seems to be one of the most effective ways to stop shooters in their tracks, or to stop them from considering schools a soft target in the first place.

One political cartoon sums it up best, and it’s going viral:

You can see why this simple yet poignant cartoon has gone viral.

The primary issue with the idea of gun control — especially when it comes to school shootings — is that it primarily affects individuals who aren’t willing to break the law.

Given the fact that the Florida shooter had already been on the FBI’s radar, he could have been stopped. But let’s suppose that he hadn’t been.

Say you ban AR-15s and other “assault weapons.” He still could have purchased handguns, which would be just as effective in a gun-free zone where there’s no trained security.

OK, say you ban guns entirely (even though, as per Heller v. D.C., the Supreme Court has already declared that unconstitutional). There are already plenty of illegal guns in the United States. A shooter could easily use the dark web to buy whatever he needed — assuming he didn’t have an illegal weapons connection in real life.

Let’s be clear: there’s no way to effectively confiscate all weapons in the United States, particularly those that are illegally possessed. That’s before you consider that, with the rise of 3D printing, the technology to make firearms is easier to obtain than ever.

That’s why all the gun-free zones and laws in the world won’t stop school shooters, especially given the fact that most of them plan these crimes months — if not years — in advance. The one thing they can always count on is the fact that most schools will be soft targets, with little to no security in their way.

After all that planning, they’re not going to get to the door and say to themselves, “Oh, no — a gun free zone? I’ve been foiled!” In fact, they’re counting on the school being a gun-free zone.

There are plenty of ways to stop mentally ill individuals intent on mass violence. Gun control or gun-free zones are not one of them, in spite of the left’s obsession with disarming Americans.

Re: Florida School Finally Admits Mistakes? #161247
02/23/2018 12:51 PM
02/23/2018 12:51 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Three other officers also made no attempt to stop the shooter. And why hasn't Sheriff Scott Israel resigned yet?

Scot Peterson, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas school resource officer who declined to confront alleged mass killer Nikolas Cruz in the midst of his attack, wasn't alone in remaining safely away from the massacre: three Broward County sheriff's deputies waited outside the school as well.

When Coral Springs police officers arrived on scene, they discovered several officers who "had their pistols drawn and were behind their vehicles...and not one of them had gone into the school," according to a CNN report that described the Coral Springs officers as "stunned and upset" to discover that no one else in law enforcement had dared to take on the shooter.

This news isn't exactly surprising, given that we already knew Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel had suspended two other officers—in addition to Peterson, who has resigned—for their conduct during the mass shooting. Perhaps Israel is not directly responsible for his officer's behavior, though there are other questions he should answer about Broward County's myriad failures in preventing the massacre.

Stoneman Douglas. Broward County. Florida's Department of Families and Children. The FBI. Where does this story of unfathomable government incompetence end?
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Florida School Finally Admits Mistakes? #161248
02/23/2018 03:29 PM
02/23/2018 03:29 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Important. Were being played. Take the time to watch this and take notes.

https://youtu.be/_7vnpo6yLEM

Re: Florida School Finally Admits Mistakes? #161249
02/24/2018 05:26 AM
02/24/2018 05:26 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
[Linked Image]

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Florida School Finally Admits Mistakes? #161250
02/26/2018 05:00 AM
02/26/2018 05:00 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
"I gave him a gun. I gave him a bad...o go in, that\'s not my responsibility." I don't know who is worse, Nikolas Cruz or Sheriff Scott Israel.

Apart from Nikolas Cruz, charged with killed 17 people, the second villain of the mass shooting in Parkland, Florida, is shaping up as Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel.

At CNN's "town hall" last week, Israel attacked defenders of the Second Amendment and said he and law enforcement "need more power." Since then, it's come to light that his department's armed "school resource officer," who was on the scene, failed to engage the shooter. So did three other sheriff's deputies. When charged with corruption during a 2016 re-election campaign, Israel compared himself to Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Abraham Lincoln, and former Miami Dolphins coach Don Shula—and declared, "Lions don't care about the opinions of sheep."

Now there's this stunning denial of responsibility, in which Israel explains to a local news reporter why he is refusing to resign: "I gave him a gun. I gave him a badge. I gave him the training. If he didn't have the heart to go in, that's not my responsibility."

Confidence in police is below its 2004 peak, even if it's rebounded from a post-Ferguson low in 2014. There are many reasons for that, including a seemingly endless stream of cases in which police shoot unarmed suspects and face few if any legal consequences. Add to that now a high-profile cop categorically declaring that his ass is covered merely by giving the requisite training to his staff, rather than overseeing a properly functioning department.

The Parkland shooting is quickly moving from a story about the need for more restrictions on weapons and owners to one about how officials failed to execute their duties. Israel's craven responses will only feed that narrative, which might at least have the salutary effect of raising public consciousness and holding police accountable.
You can see for yourself the sickening 30-second video here .

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Florida School Finally Admits Mistakes? #161251
02/26/2018 10:27 AM
02/26/2018 10:27 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Here's another twist to the story.

Parkland Teacher: Shooter Was Wearing Full Metal Body Armor, Helmet, Face Mask

Survivor offers strange description of encounter with killer

Dan Lyman & Jamie White | Infowars.com - February 26, 2018

A teacher who was grazed by a bullet while saving students during the school massacre in Parkland, Fla., offered a detailed description of the shooter during an appearance on ‘Good Morning America’ that adds confusion to the official narrative.

Stacey Lippel, a Language Arts and Creative Writing teacher at Marjory Stoneman High School, came face to face with the shooter on February 14th, as she ushered terrified students into her classroom for shelter.

She chronicled her encounter during a sit-down interview on ‘Good Morning America.’

“All of a sudden I heard gun shots in the stairwell, which is about 20 feet away from my room, and then kids were screaming and running back towards me, towards the end of the hallway,” she explained. “So, I just went in this very strange autopilot mode where I pivoted on my feet and unlocked my door, and kids just started pouring in my room. I don’t know how many kids were in there, but I was pulling them in and shouting at them to get in the room.”

“Then I suddenly saw the shooter, about 20 feet from me, standing at the end of the hallway, actively shooting down the hallway – just a barrage of bullets. And I’m staring at him thinking, ‘Why is the police here? This is strange.’ He was in full metal garb – helmet, face mask, bulletproof armor, shooting this rifle that I’d never seen before.”

Lippel says she then pulled her door shut, but not before one of the shooter’s rounds grazed her arm – a wound which she showed to the camera.

She described warning fellow teacher Scott Beigel to also shut his door, adding that Beigel “couldn’t see the shooter – I had a good visual of him, which is why I yelled at him to shut his door.”

Strangely, there have been few if any reports that Nikolas Cruz was decked out in full body armor, or that he resembled a member of law enforcement.

An official timeline of events maintains that Cruz arrived in an Uber at the high school, and less than three minutes later, he had already embarked on a rampage inside the school.

Cruz reportedly transported a rifle in a soft case, and carried extra magazines in a backpack.

A conflict arises between these details and Ms. Lippel’s account, as the baggage necessary to carry a full outfit of body armor would likely exceed that which has been reported, and even a well-trained individual would require longer than 1-2 minutes to don a tactical ensemble resembling the type Lippel describes, while on the move.

Cruz was apprehended by police in just his plain clothes, after reportedly abandoning his bag and rifle at the school.

Another eyewitness, student Alex Miednik, told local media she believes there was a second shooter, because she was talking to Nikolas Cruz as shots were being fired elsewhere in the school.

“I actually was speaking to the “suspect” [she even did air quotes] and as I was speaking with him, he seemed very… I don’t know what the word is I want to say…” she said. “But he was very troubled in middle school and I joked to him about it and said ‘I’m surprised you weren’t the one who did it.'”

As the narrative surrounding the horrific Parkland massacre continues to unravel to the shock and horror of the nation, Ms. Lippel’s tale only creates an added element of mystification.

**************************************************And then we have this story:

Parkland First Responder: I was Told to Stand Down, ‘I could have saved lives’ ‘They should have been more aggressive about getting the victims out’

Adan Salazar

A first responder to the Parkland school shooting claims he was told to stand down and not enter the building to recover victims, which he believes would have saved lives.

Speaking to a WSVN Miami News 7 reporter, an emergency medical responder who was one of the first at the scene, said law enforcement did not follow mass casualty event protocols.

Reporter Brian Entin published comments from the responder – who did not want to be identified for fear of reprisal – on Twitter Saturday.

"Everything I was trained on mass casualty events says they did the wrong thing." I spoke with a seasoned emergency medical responder who was one of the first to the Stoneman shooting. He doesn't want me using his name for fear he will get fired. Here are his exact quotes. @wsvn pic.twitter.com/t9trsOEaek

— Brian Entin (@BrianEntin) February 24, 2018

“Everything I was trained on mass casualty events says they did the wrong thing. You don’t wait for the scene to be cleared. You go in immediately armed. Retrieve the victims. You can’t leave the victims laying there.”

“We were asking to go in. Asking the scene commander to go in. Why are we all standing around? Why are we not having patients to treat? Why are we not going into the building and retrieving these kids? The response every time was law enforcement did not clear the scene and would not allow medical personnel in.”

“I would hypothesize I could have saved lives. I can’t say for sure.”

“I would have risked my life to go in. I was eager to.”

“I was frustrated the entire time I was there.”

“Rapid evacuation of the wounded. All they had to do was drag them out of the building. And we could have started medical care.”

“I think they made the decision they thought was right at the time. But I don’t think it was the right one. They should have been more aggressive about getting the victims out.”

“Can’t say for sure if the people were dead inside or if they could have helped.”

According to CNN, four sheriff’s deputies posted up outside the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School did not enter the building as the shooting was taking place.

President Trump on Monday slammed the deputies who did not enter the building, saying he would have ran into the school even if he wasn’t armed.

“You know I really believe – you don’t know until you’re tested – but I think I, I really believe I’d run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon. And I think most of the people in this room would have done that too. But the way they performed was really a disgrace.”

Re: Florida School Finally Admits Mistakes? #161252
02/26/2018 11:21 AM
02/26/2018 11:21 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
This is the first I've heard about the shooter wearing body armor and a helmet. I tend to doubt it - that teracher probably only got a glimpse of him,and probably didn't see much more than the rifle.

Originally posted by ConSigCor:
...A first responder to the Parkland school shooting claims he was told to stand down and not enter the building to recover victims, which he believes would have saved lives.

Speaking to a WSVN Miami News 7 reporter, an emergency medical responder who was one of the first at the scene, said law enforcement did not follow mass casualty event protocols....
mad

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Florida School Finally Admits Mistakes? #161253
02/26/2018 03:57 PM
02/26/2018 03:57 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
According to the man who wrote the emergency protocals for the schools system there were a lot of strange happenings the day of the shooting. The school admin did not follow their own procedures in numerous incidences. Procedures that were well know by all staff. And, just prior to the shooting conflicting commands were given to the students and staff by the admin.

There have also been several students who said they spoke to Cruz or saw him and that he was not the one shooting.

Lots of fishy business here. Just like Las Vegas.

Re: Florida School Finally Admits Mistakes? #161254
02/27/2018 02:56 PM
02/27/2018 02:56 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Limbaugh Covers Infowars Report On Broward Officials Shielding Criminal Students — ‘Somebody Tell the President’

Infowars reporting confirmed as revelations of PROMISE Program emerge

Dan Lyman | Infowars.com - February 27, 2018

Intel contained in an Infowars report regarding agreements between Broward County law enforcement and school officials to protect criminal students is bubbling to the surface, and radio host Rush Limbaugh has called for the information to be shown to President Trump.

Infowars was the first major outlet to put a magnifying glass over bombshell revelations presented by a journalist at The Conservative Tree House (TCH), which uncovered possible connections between policies implemented in 2012-2013 by Broward County officials to the massacre in Parkland, Fla. on Valentine’s Day.

Not long ago, the Broward County school district had one of the highest levels of criminality, suspensions and incidents of student misbehavior in the country, and the majority of offenders were minorities.

Seeking to improve their record in an effort to secure expanded state and federal funding, district officials led by new superintendent Robert Runcie – who had been brought in from the Chicago school system – implemented a strategy designed to essentially sweep the issue of student criminality under the rug, while also addressing the ‘racial injustice’ of the system.

A 2013 “Collaborative Agreement On School Discipline” between the School Board of Broward County and the Sheriff of Broward Country, as well as the Fort Lauderdale Branch of the NAACP and a variety of other state and local legal bodies, can be found HERE.

In short, the agreement established new standards and practices by which law enforcement would seek alternatives to arresting students who had committed crimes or “minor disturbances,” with a specific focus on “students of color, students with disabilities and LGBTQ students,” who were “disproportionately impacted by school-based arrests for the same behavior as their peers.”

The standard by which crimes were deemed ‘minor’ enough to be essentially dismissed eroded quickly, as “even the most severe of unlawful conduct was being filtered by responding police,” according to the journalist at TCH, who says he was approached by whistle-blowers in law enforcement.

Limbaugh dedicated a large portion of his broadcast on Monday to this story – which has also now been touched upon by Tucker Carlson of Fox News and Jake Tapper of CNN.

“There are a number of news organizations – not mainstream – who think that said policy was in effect,” Limbaugh explained, implicitly including Infowars, before going on to read directly from multiple sections of the Infowars report.

“He was in the Chicago public school system specifically to fix the schoolhouse-to-jailhouse problem in Broward,” Limbaugh said of Superintendent Runcie. “‘He was hailed as a hero as suspensions magically dropped by 40% and arrests dropped by 66% in just two years in Broward County.’ They just stopped arresting and they stopped suspending.”

“Now, as for Superintendent Runcie, back in 2015, he was invited to join Obama’s White House School Discipline Summit ‘to share his secrets to success in lowering student arrests and suspensions’ – because they thought that was a magic thing,” Limbaugh continued. “‘In 2016, superintendent Runcie was named Florida’s Superintendent of the Year.’”

“Somebody needs to tell the President why some of these perps are not in the background check system – and that would be the Obama-Eric Holder PROMISE program,” Limbaugh concluded. “My guess is we’re going to be hearing more about this in the coming days, as people learn of this and decide to tackle it themselves. If not, that will be interesting in and of itself too.”

The connection between Broward County’s approach to ‘reducing student crime’ and the Parkland massacre is emerging – and the Obama administration is also implicated in the findings.

“The Broward County school district’s adoption of a school discipline policy that was praised by the Obama administration for seeking to reduce the reported number of school suspensions, expulsions, and arrests may have played a role in the fact that Nikolas Cruz remained under the radar until his shooting rampage in Parkland, Florida, on February 14,” reports Dr. Susan Berry for Breitbart News. “The Obama-era Departments of Education and Justice – under education secretary Arne Duncan and Attorney General Eric Holder – issued school guidelines in 2014 that claimed students of color are ‘disproportionately impacted’ by suspensions and expulsions, a situation they said leads to a ‘school-to-prison pipeline’ that discriminates against minority and low-income students.”

During a testy interview between CNN’s Jake Tapper and Broward Country Sheriff Scott Israel, Tapper addressed Infowars’ reporting, and Sheriff Israel corroborated its accuracy in his response.

“A lot of people in the community have noted that the Broward County School Board entered into an agreement – when you were Sheriff in 2013, to pursue the ‘least punitive means of discipline against students,'” Tapper said. “This new policy encouraged warnings, consultations with parents, and programs on conflict resolution – instead of arresting students for crimes. Were there not incidents committed by this shooter as a student that, had this policy not been in place, he would have been arrested for, and not able to legally buy a gun?”

“What you’re referring to is the PROMISE Program,” responded Israel. “The school has the ability under certain circumstances not to call the police, not to get the police involved on misdemeanor offenses and take care of it within the school. It’s an excellent program. It’s helping many, many people. What this program does is not put a person at 14, 15, 16 years old into the criminal justice system.”

Read Infowars’ original report on collusion between Broward County officials here.

Re: Florida School Finally Admits Mistakes? #161255
02/28/2018 09:56 AM
02/28/2018 09:56 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
David Hogg is one of the actors getting all of the CNN attention. His father, Kevin Hogg a "former" FBI agent was involved in the Whitey Bulger raid.

David Hogg graduated from Redondo Beach High School (California) in 2015:

[Linked Image]

Also, be sure to take a good look at this Extensive Post Reveals Drills, Anom... Florida on February 14, 2018 (N.S.F.W.)

Re: Florida School Finally Admits Mistakes? [Re: ConSigCor] #169156
01/11/2019 06:39 PM
01/11/2019 06:39 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Florida Gov. Desantis has finally suspended Sheriff Scott Israel.[/url] Far too late, but I suppose it's better late than never.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Last edited by airforce; 01/11/2019 07:54 PM.

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.