National Militia Standards.

CODE of CONDUCT For The Citizen Solders of A WELL REGULATED MILITIA

1. I am a citizen of the State of _________, serving in the militia. I am prepared to give my life to guard and protect my homeland, our common law rights, liberties and way of life. This service is a duty of my citizenship.

2. I will keep and maintain the uniform, equipment, and weaponry necessary to perform the duties prescribed for the militia of ______and will be prepared to mobilize quickly.

3. I will train in the necessary skills to perform my duty as outlined in the National Militia standards and maintain proficiency in the same.

4. I will never forget that I am a citizen of the State of __________, and through her, of these United States. I am responsible for my actions and dedicated to the principles that made this country free. I will strive to lead an exemplary life and never, by action or statement, bring discredit to the militia, my country, or my fellow countrymen.

5. In all cases, I shall endeavor to inform and urge all citizens to return to the Constitutional Republic our forefathers envisioned.

6. I will stand by or come to the aid of my brothers of the militia with whatever means necessary and without question or concern for my own well-being to ensure due process of law as stated in the Constitution.

7. I will never misuse my position in the militia for financial or personal gain, nor will I engage in any activity subversive to the militia.

8. I will never surrender of my own free will. If, in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they have the means to resist.

9. If am captured, I will continue to resist by all means possible. I will make every effort to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.

10. Should I become a prisoner of war, I am bound to give only my name, rank, and date of birth. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to the United States and it's citizens or harmful to their continued struggle for liberty and freedom.

11. Should I become a prisoner of war, I will keep my faith with my fellow prisoners, and accept no favors from the enemy. I will give no information nor take part in any action that might be harmful to my comrades. If I am a senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will support them in every way.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861