Huge list of Preparedness Expos all over the US

http://www.preppershowsusa.com/

http://www.rkpreppershows.com/

Prepper Camp

460 Orchard Lake Road, Saluda, NC
Tickets Available Now!

Details at: http://www.preppercamp.com/

The Northwest Preparedness Expo

Join us at The Northwest Preparedness Expo and learn why it is important to be prepared... and what preparedness means! Geared for both the questioning newcomer as well as the experienced, this one day event will cover the 5 S's of preparedness: Safety, Sustenance, Shelter, Skills and Supplies. Browse the vendors and find the gear that is right for you be it first aid kits, tools or food stores. Sit in on one of the classes offered and learn about alternative energy sources, herbal medicine, canning, home defense, communication in an emergency situation, and many other topics.

http://nwpreparednessexpo.com/index.php

Prepper World Summit 2

FREE Online Event

http://www.theprepperworldsummit.com/

Do you want your family to be safe during and after the next disaster?

Natural disasters, terrorist attacks, rogue governments, economic collapse, martial law, home invasions...no matter what the emergency is (natural or man-made, long- term or short) they can all strike with deadly force without warning.
What are you doing to prepare? Will you survive?
Don't Miss the Action

Our hand-picked team of 20 world-class prepping & survival experts will reveal how you can avoid common prepping mistakes, take your preparedness to the next level and create a survival plan that WORKS for you and your family.

Enter your email address above to register
for the Prepper World Summit

What Do You Mean by an "Online Event"?
Where is the Summit?

We mean that if you have an internet connection, then you can be part of this event. During the event, the training sessions will be broadcast online to everyone that signs up (for FREE).
No need to travel anywhere, buy tickets or pay for hotels, we bring the experts right to you.

This thread will be constantly updated, so keep an eye on it.

Last edited by ConSigCor; 06/24/2018 11:06 AM.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Coming Events: #371
03/27/2015 07:36 AM
03/27/2015 07:36 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
That South Carolina event sounds interesting. Do you know if they plan on any events elsewhere?

There used to be "preparedness shows," which were much like gun shows but without guns, all over the place. I met John Trochtman at one of them here in Tulsa. A bunch of us picked up a bunch of odds and ends there, including a wind-up radio which I still use.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Coming Events: #373
03/27/2015 03:43 PM
03/27/2015 03:43 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Thanks! I think we should put up reminders about these shows from time to time.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Coming Events: #374
04/02/2016 11:11 AM
04/02/2016 11:11 AM
behind enemy lines
N
noname762 Offline
noname762  Offline
N
behind enemy lines
ConSigCor I might have known. It may sound sideways but if not for fellers like you I'd never see sumpin new here.

Was it you copped to meeting John Trochman some years ago at a prepardness show? I've also met JT and his lil brother out my way. It was a long time ago when BBQ Reno had a job. I especially like/am interested in alternative power like hydro wind and solar.

Since it's been right around a year since this thread started do you or anyone else know of a Prepardness Expo in spring/summer/winter 2016 on the horizon?!? Been 15 to 20 years since I been to 1 and would LOVE to hit one this summer in my area within 60 miles PROVIDED gas stays at 2 bucks a gallon.

Yesterday I commented to a stranger I never thought I'd see DIESEL drop to 2 bucks a gallon while unleaded was 2.10 in my lifetime.

Holy crapola.

Grass fed Beef..it's what's fer supper July 4th.
Re: Coming Events: #375
04/02/2016 11:42 AM
04/02/2016 11:42 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Originally posted by noname762:
...Was it you copped to meeting [b] John Trochman some years ago at a preparedness show? [/b]
I don't know if ConSigCor did, but I met him at a preparedness expo here in Tulsa back in the 90's. I think that was the one where I bough one of those wind-up radios when they first came out, but I can't remember if I bought it from him or not.

With the increase in preppers these days, you would think we'd be seeing more of these expo's now. I guess the internet has pretty much replaced them.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Coming Events: #376
04/02/2016 12:22 PM
04/02/2016 12:22 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content OP

ConSigCor  Online Content OP

A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
I really need to update this thread. I'll get on it soon as I can find a round toit. smile

There is a bunch of expos/prepper events going on in the Appalachian Redoubt. don't know about out west.

Never met John T. Knew Mark K, JJ and a few others back in the day.

BTW: Nomame, you have access to that forum you asked about.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Coming Events: #378
05/01/2016 07:11 AM
05/01/2016 07:11 AM
West
Archangel1 Offline
Archangel1  Offline
West
Sadly. Nada mucho preparedness expos in the southern end of the left coast. Then again, we're supposed to fall off into the ocean. smile

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always Bad Men." Lord Actin 1887

I fear we live in evil times...
Re: Coming Events: #379
05/01/2016 07:51 AM
05/01/2016 07:51 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Archangel,
Did you check the prepper show links at the top of the page?

Re: Coming Events: #380
05/04/2016 02:32 AM
05/04/2016 02:32 AM
West
Archangel1 Offline
Archangel1  Offline
West
Yup. Seems I have to go to AZ, UT or Wash State.

Road trip!

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always Bad Men." Lord Actin 1887

I fear we live in evil times...
Re: Coming Events: #381
05/04/2016 11:15 AM
05/04/2016 11:15 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
They did one a couple years ago here in Portland. Kind of like a gun show without the guns, just triple up on the overpriced lame junk but there were some gems and slick inventions in there. The real deal is the connections that you can make. Seeing a lot of e "internet people" face to face, getting books signed, getting the stories which will only be relayed in person.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: Coming Events: #384
06/02/2016 05:00 PM
06/02/2016 05:00 PM
TX - DAL
P
Pericles Offline
Pericles  Offline
P
TX - DAL
We will be in T-Rex

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson

www.dallascitytroop.org
Re: Coming Events: [Re: ConSigCor] #167237
06/24/2018 11:16 AM
06/24/2018 11:16 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Electronic Interception, Communications Monitoring, and Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) For the 3%er, Prepper, or Survivalist

October 20th to 21st, 2018
Denver, Colorado

This is a two day class focused on the needs of the 3%er, survivalist, or prepper. It teaches the basics of intelligence versus information, electronic communications monitoring, signals intelligence (SIGINT), and open source intelligence (OSINT) in support of SIGINT. It has been my observation that these skills are important and needed. Until now instruction was unavailable in the 3%, survivalist, and prepper communities. This class has been developed to provide access to this valuable information, and help those who would like to learn. It is based upon my 30 years of experience in communications monitoring, and work in the electronics , radio communications, and security industries. It has been distilled into the essentials from the best military, private sector, and hobbyist sources. Much of the material is new and has never before been presented in one course, including my previous grid-down/down-grid communications classes.

The first day of class will be a course of instruction where the following topics will be taught and discussed:

What is intelligence?
Intelligence versus information.
What is SIGINT, COMINT, ELINT,and OSINT, and how do they all work together.
Legalities of civilian SIGINT.
Area studies.
What do you need? Equipment types and figuring out its selection for your area.
Electronic interception, communications monitoring (low level voice intercept) and COMINT techniques.
Setting up a listening post in different situations.
Police scanners, communications receivers, SDRs, antennas, and other gear.
Constructing an electronic order of battle for your area.

The second day of class will be a field exercise in which the techniques taught the previous day will be demonstrated, and students who have brought equipment will have the opportunity to engage in a monitoring exercise. A listening post will be set up, communications monitoring activity will be conducted, and further practical instruction provided.

Due to the intense, technical nature of this class, (I have a well-deserved reputation for giving a lot of material to students over the course of the class. Be prepared to take extensive notes.) enrollment size will be limited.

The cost for this two-day class will be at a discounted rate of $200 until August 31st, 2018. After August 31st, the cost will increase to $250 provided slots remain available. Advance registration ends October 1st. After October 1st, the “at the door” price for any remaining slots will be $400.

To enroll and receive payment information, please email me via sparks31@protonmail.com or sparks31wyo@gmail.com.

Re: Coming Events: [Re: ConSigCor] #167238
06/24/2018 11:46 AM
06/24/2018 11:46 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Open Enrollment classes– mark your calendars.

Feel free to contact me at brushbeater@tutanota.com for any questions or concerns. There may be dates added periodically. As always, private training and regional travel is available on request for groups.

Training Courses

Listed are some of the training services I offer individuals and groups. These classes, based upon personal and practical experience in the topics covered, are offered to the Prepping/Survivalist community outside of the paradigm usually taught. Aside from these and the future classes to be listed, I can tailor a class to your group’s specific needs and abilities per request. Forward all inquiries to: brushbeater@tutanota.com

RTO Course: $200 per Student

This class will teach students the basics of communications at the Team or Squad Level in the field. Topics of instruction include:

Identifying Equipment Requirements
Writing a Signals Operating Index
PACE Planning for Communications
Basic equipment capabilities
Traffic handling
Improvised antenna types, uses and construction
Setting up and running an NVIS HF station
Message Formats
Setting up and communicating from a Hide site

Two day course will culminate in an field training event running a TOC station and Hide site in the field. Students will each build an antenna and demonstrate competency in team communications basics during the field exercise. Amateur Radio license qualification is helpful, but not required. This is NOT a ‘ham radio’ class but each student will come away with a basic understanding of a team’s communications needs in a tactical environment and how to best meet them under less-than-ideal circumstances. No equipment is required for this course; however, if students want to get field practice with their own gear, it is highly encouraged but done so at their own risk. Instruction is completely off-grid.

What the RTO Course is:

This course is designed to instruct students on the basics of effective communications in a tactical environment. Students will learn everything from how to create a proper Signals Operating Index and traffic handling to basic antenna theory and construction for local use as well as a primer on how HF works. All of this culminates in an FTX on the second day.

What this course is NOT:

This is not a ‘ham radio’ class. Strong emphasis is placed on ‘making your equipment work in a tactical environment’ versus bombarding the student with technical or hobby-oriented data. We will be working on a level most ‘hams’ never do. So while a license is certainly helpful, it is not required, but by the end of class you’ll come away with a real understanding of why it is an advantage.

While not designed to be physically intense, there will be field work on both days. A refundable $50 deposit is required to reserve your spot, and I cannot accept personal checks. When you send the deposit, please include an email address for me to reach you in order to confirm your spot. Email me at khaos@unseen.is for more details.

***FRAGO: Due to the amount of interest, there’s a couple of details to point out.

The class is limited to 12 to provide the best training and instructor interaction possible. There will be a second open enrollment in either mid April or mid May. Lodging is available on site for a fee, as is the option of camping (which is free). The lodging on site is first come first serve.
Wear what is comfortable to you. You will be in the field, and while you won’t be reacting to contact or conducting 3-5sec bounds, the second part of the course will be in a pseudo-tactical environment. Be prepared to walk.
We are planning for a meal to be provided for the class Saturday night and Sunday morning as part of the instruction.

Tactical Combat Casualty Care: $300

Two day course covers the basics of Tactical Trauma Response for a tactical team, centered around the components of the Individual First Aid Kit (IFAK). The training is geared towards those with limited or no previous medical experience in order to effectively treat Small Unit Tactics-related trauma. During the course students will learn and demonstrate proficiency in:

The components and implementation of a proper IFAK
Evaluating and treating a battlefield casualty
Types and Uses of Tourniquets
Uses of the Compression Bandage
Moving a Casualty in Combat Conditions
Preparing and Securing an Extraction Site
Preparing and Sending the MEDEVAC Report

This is an intense physical course, especially on the second day. Students should evaluate their physical condition prior to attending.

Scout Course $300

This multi-day class covers the basics of scouting and reconnaissance for irregular or unsupported forces. The course is directly applicable to those seeking homestead/retreat security and those working in small teams or groups. Course will focus heavily upon creation and emplacement of hide sites, personal camouflage, optics and observation techniques, range estimation and practical range cards, movement techniques, target acquisition, and the tactically sound ambush. By the end of the course, students will demonstrate abilities required for functioning as a buddy or fire team to effectively protect a retreat.

First Line Course: $200

The First Line course is a two day class which focuses on core woodsman skills. Students will learn land navigation essentials such as reading a compass, shooting and following an azimuth, estimating distance with their pace count, terrain associating both day and night, creating a patrol map and conducting practical exercises demonstrating their skills. Basics of woodland survival are also emphasized, as students will learn the basics of fire making, safe water procurement and shelter building. Other skills covered include knife selection, sharpening and maintenance. Learn to live in the woods with very little. Class is conducted entirely off-grid. Students will receive a packing list upon course registration and feel free to contact me for more details.

Fall 2018 Open Enrollment Class Dates

July 3, 2018 By ncscout

We’ve hinted at it, but here it is:

The RTO Course is coming to Ravalli County Fairgrounds in Hamilton, Montana. There’s three back to back dates to take advantage of:

8-9 September
15-16 September
Advanced Class: 13-14 September

Class cost is $300 in advance, $350 at the door. The advance cost requires a $50 deposit sent before 15 August:

TOWR

610 N. 1st St., Ste. 5-209
Hamilton, MT 59840
Make sure you include a good email address and the class date in the deposit (and a heads up to my inbox) so we can send you a confirmation.

The last NC dates for 2018:

14-15 July
11-12 August
First Line Course: 29-30 September
13-14 October
Advanced Class: 27-28 October

A description of the the RTO and First Line Courses can be found here. The Advanced Course picks up where the RTO Basic Course leaves off, with training focused on:

Advanced SOI/CEOI Planning
Planning & Coordinating Transmitting Sites/Directional Transmitting
Uses of Resistors and Constructing Directional Wire Antennas
Data Bursts
Advanced HF techniques
Basic Signals Mapping and Communications Intelligence

Barring any more private training dates, this is it for 2018. There *may* be a couple one day workshops added at a reduced cost, focusing on observation skills and intermediate range (0-500) marksmanship, mission planning, defensive considerations and coordinating teams in the field, and basic signals collection/intelligence. Feel free to contact me for more details.

Again, this is it for 2018. Things appear to be ramping up as far as rhetoric and action goes from an increasingly unhinged Left. What are you doing today to be better tomorrow?

Re: Coming Events: [Re: ConSigCor] #167666
08/04/2018 05:22 PM
08/04/2018 05:22 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

Training Calendar

2018 Open Enrollment Dates

Unless otherwise noted, all courses are held at our training site in NC. This list does not include private training dates. NC training site is available to groups for private training sessions. To see a detailed description of the courses listed, check out the Training Courses page. Forward all questions and class inquiries to: brushbeater@tutanota.com

RTO Basic: 11-12 August / Course Full

RTO Basic: 8-9 September / Hamilton, Montana / $300

First Line Course: 29-30 September / North Carolina / $200

RTO Basic: 13-14 October / North Carolina / $200

Advanced RTO: 27-28 October / North Carolina / $200

Squad Designated Marksman Workshop: 3 November / North Carolina / $150

Battlefield Intelligence Collection Workshop: 17 November / North Carolina / $100

Signals Intelligence / Radio Recon: 1-2 December / North Carolina / $200

Re: Coming Events: [Re: ConSigCor] #167912
08/27/2018 11:13 AM
08/27/2018 11:13 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
2019 Sparks31 Classes

Boston, MA – Urban Signal (Communications and SIGINT) Class – July 20-21, 2019 – $500 (early bird rate)

Denver, CO – Communications Monitoring and SIGINT Class – May 18-19, 2019 – $200 (early bird rate)

Denver, CO – Come As You Are and Get On the Air Field Radio Class – May 25-26, 2019 – $200 (early bird rate)

Salt Lake City – June 8-9, 2019 – Communications Monitoring and SIGINT – $300

Seattle, WA – Communications Monitoring and SIGINT Class – June 22-23, 2019 – $400 (early bird rate)

Yakima, WA – – Come As You Are and Get On the Air Field Radio Class – August 17-18, 2019 – $300 (early bird rate)

I’m now accepting deposits ($50 non-refundable) for the above classes at https://squareup.com/store/sparks31/item/class-deposit.

There are still a few slots left for my Denver SIGINT Class in October. You have only one week left to take advantage of the early bird rate.

https://sparks31wyo.wordpress.com/new-class-available/

Moderated by  ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.org, and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2018 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.