Post-Birth Abortion #169325
01/31/2019 12:26 PM
01/31/2019 12:26 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

Virginia Democrat Gov. Ralph Northam Advocates Post-Birth Abortion

Remember, folks: a wall is an "immorality" but "aborting" a baby post-birth is a woman's sacred right!

By Chris Menahan | Information Liberation Thursday, January 31, 2019

Virginia’s Democratic Governor Ralph Northam defended his party’s new 40-week abortion bill on Wednesday and said it would allow women to abort their baby post-birth.

Northam underscored that one of the main reasons for allowing post-birth abortion is that legislators, “most of whom are men,” “shouldn’t be telling a woman what she should and shouldn’t be doing with her body.”

VA gov on abortion this morning:

“If a mother is in labor…the infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians & mother” pic.twitter.com/cc15pVLjIQ

— Caleb Hull (@CalebJHull) January 30, 2019

Transcript:

HOST:…no exceptions. There was a very contentious committee hearing yesterday, when Fairfax County delegate Kathy Tran made her case for lifting restrictions on third trimester abortions as well as other restrictions now in place. And she was pressed by a Republican delegate about whether her bill would permit an abortion even as a woman is essentially dilating, ready to give birth, and she answered that it would permit an abortion at that stage of labor. Do you support her measure and explain her answer.

NORTHAM: I wasn’t there, Julie, and I certainly can’t speak for delgate Tran. But I will tell you, one, the first thing I would say is this is why decisions such as this should be made by providers or physicians and the mothers and fathers that are involved. When we talk about third trimester abortions, these are done with the consent of the mother, with the consent of the physician. More than one physician, by the way. And its done in case where there may be severe deformities, where there may be a fetus that is non-viable.

After an unprecedented abortion law was passed in New York, more abortion laws are being pushed nation wide. Alex exposes the globalist agenda to demoralize the population to death.

So, in this particular example, if a mother is in labor I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.

So, I think this was really blown out of proportion, but again, we want the government not to be involved in these types of decisions. We want the decisions to be made by the mothers and their providers and this is why, Julie, legislators, most of whom are men, by the way, shouldn’t be telling a woman what she should and shouldn’t be doing with her body.

HOST: And do you think multiple physicians should have to weigh in, as is currently required? She is trying to lift that requirement.

NORTHAM: Well, I think it is always good to get a second opinion, and for at least two providers to be involved in that decision because these decisions shouldn’t be taken lightly. So, I’d certainly support more than one provider.

Remember, folks: a wall is an “immorality” but “aborting” a baby post-birth is a woman’s sacred right!

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Post-Birth Abortion [Re: ConSigCor] #169338
02/02/2019 05:27 PM
02/02/2019 05:27 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
I think I can see what Gov. Northam was trying to say, though not very well. And based on family experience, I sort of agree.

When I was very young, I had a brother who was born with spina bifida. His life was filled with sickness and pain, and it was with sadness and a sense of relief when he finally died, just short of three months. I only have a very vague recollection of the funeral, seeing my dad and other men carrying a small coffin to the grave, but it affected my family strongly. Abortion was not an option back in those days, but I'm sure it would have been better for Stephen if he had been spared those three months of agony.

These days, of course, it's possible to identify birth defects a lot earlier than it was then, and a fetus becomes viable a lot sooner. i try to avoid the subject of abortion, because I confess I don't know what the answer is. Maybe some form of evictionism is, where a viable fetus can be adopted by others and not murdered. But frankly, I would prefer to stay out of the debate.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Post-Birth Abortion [Re: ConSigCor] #169339
02/02/2019 11:20 PM
02/02/2019 11:20 PM
Tyler County, TX
T
Texas Resistance Offline
Texas Resistance  Offline
T
Tyler County, TX
Airforce said, "...i try to avoid the subject of abortion, because I confess I don't know what the answer is..." The answer is human life starts at conception and abortion is murder. Here is proof: King James Bible Luke 1:41 (KJV) And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost.

Evictionism is idiotic and is still murder if the baby dies. The mother needs to carry the baby till birth then she can give him or her up for adoption if she can't take being a mother. If a woman can't take getting pregnant she should not have sex. I'll bet Airforce is an atheist who voted for Hillary and Obama (LOL).

Last edited by Texas Resistance; 02/02/2019 11:39 PM.

www.TexasMilitia.Info Seek out and join a lawful Militia or form one in your area. If you wish to remain Free you will have to fight for it...because the traitors will give us no choice in the matter--William Cooper
Re: Post-Birth Abortion [Re: ConSigCor] #169340
02/03/2019 12:05 AM
02/03/2019 12:05 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
No, I'm a Lutheran who voted for Gary Johnson. But close. laugh

I think we all wish abortion just didn't exist. Sadly, it does, and will continue to do so, no matter what we do.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Post-Birth Abortion [Re: ConSigCor] #169341
02/03/2019 12:27 AM
02/03/2019 12:27 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
I believe in a woman's right to choose.

She can choose whether to have sex or not. She can choose whether or not to use contraceptives if she chooses to engage in adult activity.

And if she chooses to engage in such activity, she bears the responsibility for the end result.

The unborn child on the other hand bears no responsibility for the irresponsible behavior of it's parents.

The unborn child is a human being; therefore it has the unalienable, God given Right to LIFE, LIBERTY and THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. And, the mother has NO right whatsoever to deny those rights to her unborn child.

Therefore I'm 100% in favor of abortion. EVERY whore and doctor who practices infanticide should be aborted immediately after they murder the innocent, unborn child.

All the liberals who complain about NAZI's murdering 6 million Jews don't have a leg to stand on when we as a nation have murdered 70 MILLION innocent human beings. And before much longer, we as a nation will be judged for our sin.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Post-Birth Abortion [Re: ConSigCor] #169343
02/03/2019 01:54 PM
02/03/2019 01:54 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Originally Posted by Texas Resistance
...The answer is human life starts at conception and abortion is murder....

Originally Posted by ConSigCor
I believe in a woman's right to choose.

She can choose whether to have sex or not. She can choose whether or not to use contraceptives if she chooses to engage in adult activity....

I don't disagree with either of you. But it's the rest of the world you have to convince and, trust me, you're not going to do it.

Ever been in a room full of Libertarians? Inevitably, the discussion eventually turns to abortion, and that's when I walk out, because I know that argument is going to continue through the night without anything productive coming out of it. Want a good laugh? Read the Libertarian Party's abortion platform. It's so bad the Oklahoma Libertarian party copied the national party's platform and simply omitted the abortion platform.

We could certainly save some lives by making contraceptives available over the counter. There is no reason why a woman should have to see a doctor to get them. "Evictionism," despite its awful name, is a market-based approach that would undoubtedly save some babies lives. And "some" is better than "none."

i said I wouldn't get drawn into this debate, and I won't. But if any of you have a better idea on how to save babies, I'd love to hear it.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Last edited by airforce; 02/04/2019 01:37 PM.
Re: Post-Birth Abortion [Re: airforce] #169347
02/04/2019 11:32 AM
02/04/2019 11:32 AM
South-central Colorado
D
Ducttape Offline
Ducttape  Offline
D
South-central Colorado
" But if any of you have a better idea on how to save babies, I'd love to hear it.

Onward and upward,
airforce "

I would but at the currant moment it would be illegal , and as such we can't discuss such things. HOWEVER... I'll give you TWO hints .

1- William Shakespeare had an idea that I would substitute "Abortion Medical Professionals " for "Lawyers" in a quote from Henry VI, Part 2, Act IV, Scene 2.

2- ""Follow the money" ... is a catchphrase popularized by the 1976 drama-documentary motion picture All the President's Men, which suggests political corruption can be brought to light by examining money transfers between parties. "

And then do the same thing to " THEM " as to "The Lawyers " !!!

How are those for some ideas ???

My Daddy is like duct tape, he can fix almost anything.

A quote from my youngest daughter at 4yrs old, many years ago.
Re: Post-Birth Abortion [Re: ConSigCor] #169351
02/04/2019 01:44 PM
02/04/2019 01:44 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Of course, we could - and should - overturn Roe v. Wade. That wouldn't stop abortion, it would merely return the subject back to the States, where it belongs, and every State would legalize it (to varying degrees, to be sure). Louisiana would legalize it, but make it so hard to get one that women would probably cross state borders to get one. New York would and New jersey would probably authorize It up to the moment of birth, or maybe beyond. It would be a mess, but at least the voters would have more of a say as to its legality.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Post-Birth Abortion [Re: ConSigCor] #169374
02/06/2019 05:25 PM
02/06/2019 05:25 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
President Donald Trump called for curbs on late-term abortion in his State of the Union address on Tuesday, citing controversies over the issue in New York and Virginia.

POTUS called on Congress to pass legislation prohibiting these unnecessary abortions in the wake of laws recently pushed in New York and Virginia.

“All children, born and unborn, are made in the holy image of God,” Trump explained.

I agree 100%

After his speech several dems claimed that was secret code...that he was actually calling for women to be denied their right to healthcare.

If Babies Were Born With Guns, They Could Shoot Post-Birth Abortionists In Self-Defense

Do human beings have the right to defend themselves against violence?

By Mike Adams | NaturalNews.com Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Do human beings have the right to defend themselves against violence?

Almost every thinking person agrees with the basic human right to self-defense. This right, upon further introspection, extends to all living human beings, regardless of age.

Post-birth abortion is a form of extreme medical violence that ends a human life, and with the Democrats now legalizing infanticide— the murder of a baby after it has been born alive — we need to talk honestly about the definitions of life, murder and self-defense.

As I point out in my podcast below, if babies were born with guns, they could SHOOT post-birth abortionists in self-defense. And those shootings would be justified and legal, since abortionists in the act are committing homicide against a living human being. Murder is illegal, and self-defense is a human right. Newborn babies are not excluded from this basic human right. Note that I am specifically not calling for any form of third-party violence against abortionists but rather affirming the right of the infant to protect her own life in an act of self-defense. (Yes, 50% of aborted babies are baby girls. Abortion is the mass murder of females.)

Of course, babies aren’t born with guns, which is why they are targeted by the Left… the same anti-life lunatics who also want to mass murder gun owners, by the way, by first disarming them through government confiscation mandates. Because babies are born defenseless, it is up to the adults of society to speak up for them and stop the mass murder of newborns that’s now being aggressively pushed, endorsed and applauded by the radical Left. (The political Left is now a death cult.) The way to accomplish this is not to shoot abortionists but to indict and prosecute them for murder.

Listen to my full podcast below for more details on why newborn babies clearly have the legal right to shoot post-birth abortionists in self-defense.
Five ethics questions for criminal prosecutors

I have several important questions about infanticide to pose to criminal prosecutors and law enforcement. Please note that I am not endorsing acts of violence against anyone here; in fact I’m advocating the halting of violence against all human beings. Those who commit violence are the pro-abortion Demoncrats. Those who wish the stop violence are simply trying to stop their murderous rampage from claiming yet more victims.

Question #1) What is the age after birth at which Democrats think murdering a child should no longer be allowed? Is post-birth “abortion” (murder) to be legalized up to 100 days? Two years? Five years? If it’s a “woman’s choice,” then can’t the woman make that choice at any age, according to the twisted logic of Leftists?

Question #2) It is legal in most states for bystanders to use firearms to halt a murderer from carrying out an imminent act of murder. If a baby were born alive and an abortionist initiated an action with the intent to murder that living newborn child (such as grabbing a scalpel and approaching the infant with the intent of killing it), would it be legal for a citizen gun owner to shoot that specific abortionist in that imminent moment in order to halt their attempted murder?

Question #3) Under federal law, it is felony homicide to murder an innocent human being. Since newborn babies qualify as human beings — unless you’re a lunatic Leftist who denies reality, of course — when will federal prosecutors start charging post-birth abortionists with felony murder? New York’s legalization of infanticide does not overrule federal laws against homicide. Why aren’t federal agents arresting and indicting murderous post-birth abortionists?

Question #4) If abortion clinics like Planned Parenthood allow the carrying out of felony murder of newborns in their facilities, doesn’t this make Planned Parenthood staffers accomplices to murder? Shouldn’t they be arrested and charged accordingly?

Question #5) More importantly, if the Planned Parenthood operation is conspiring to carry out the coordinated, large-scale murder of newborn babies in its facilities, then isn’t the entire organization of Planned Parenthood actually a serial killer front group that should be raided and shut down? (Instead, the FBI raids the home of Roger Stone with 29 armed agents, all while ignoring the violent murder of living human babies in Planned Parenthood abortion centers.)

One more question, actually: If Planned Parenthood abortion centers are now murderingchildren in New York and other states, why on Earth is the federal government continuing to use taxpayer money to fund PP operations? Doesn’t this fact mean that paying federal income taxes makes a taxpayer complicit in the murder of human babies? Doesn’t this simultaneously mean that refusing to pay federal taxes is the only way to act ethnically and morally in a society that now funnels money to mass murder centers?
If murder is not prosecuted in America, then lawlessness has run amok and no life has any value whatsoever

No rational person disagrees that a baby already born is a living, breathing human being deserving of all the rights and protections of the Constitution of the United States of America. Yet Democrats now claim that these living human infants can be murdered at will. How is this not a felony crime? How are these people not being arrested? How is this practice of serial murder continuing to be carried out across America while being applauded by insane, deranged, bloodlust Leftists?

If the life of a newborn baby has zero value, then Leftists don’t value the life of anyone at all. In fact, that is exactly their position. They openly talk about murdering Christians, white people, President Trump, gun owners, conservatives and anyone else they target with their vile assaults on truth and life. Democrats have become, in every way, a death cult of mentally ill lunatics that I call the “Left Cult.” This is why Democrats must be stripped of all power and barred from ruling over any person, city, state or nation from this day forward.

Listen to my full podcast for more details, and pray that those who openly espouse the murder of human babies will be stopped and sent back to Hell where they belong.

Ultimately, remember this: If we do not defend the lives of innocent babies, who will stand up to defend us?

Re: Post-Birth Abortion [Re: ConSigCor] #169377
02/06/2019 06:21 PM
02/06/2019 06:21 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
I really would rather the whole question of abortion be returned to the states for them to decide. If the federal government wants to dictate state law, they should pass an amendment to the Constitution. If there aren't enough voters in New York or Virginia willing to overturn a law allowing late term abortion, then shame on them. And shame on us, for not boycotting those states that allow it.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Post-Birth Abortion [Re: ConSigCor] #169379
02/06/2019 10:50 PM
02/06/2019 10:50 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Abortion is not a states rights issue. It is infanticide...murder pure and simple. It's the complete denial of a human beings unalienable right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

The law says that If a person causes the death of a woman and her unborn child, he goes to prison for the murder of two people. The same should apply to abortion doctors and irresponsible women who have no respect for an innocent life.

Re: Post-Birth Abortion [Re: ConSigCor] #169380
02/06/2019 11:10 PM
02/06/2019 11:10 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Abortion is not a states rights issue. It is infanticide...murder pure and simple....

No argument there. And if the infanticide occurred on federal property or an Indian reservation, the feds would have jurisdiction. Is the baby a federal officer in performance of his duties? No. Is it a hate crime? No. Is it a terrorist act? No. Has the baby's civil rights been violated? I don't know that area of the law very well, but it seems to me if this argument had legs, someone would have made it already.

The Constitution sets limits on what the federal government can do, and frankly they've usurped too much power from the states already. I'm not inclined to give the feds any more power, even for this reason. If they can usurp state law here, who knows what they would do next.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Last edited by airforce; 02/06/2019 11:57 PM.
Re: Post-Birth Abortion [Re: ConSigCor] #169390
02/08/2019 01:02 PM
02/08/2019 01:02 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Funny thing...if a state wants abortion it's their right. But, in every case I know of where a state attempts to limit abortion some fed judge steps in and rules it unconstitutional.

Here's the latest example:

Supreme Court blocks restrictive Louisiana abortion law

Lawrence Hurley

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A divided U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday stopped a Louisiana law imposing strict regulations on abortion clinics from going into effect in its first major test on abortion since the retirement of Justice Anthony Kennedy last summer.

The court on a 5-4 vote granted an emergency application by Shreveport-based abortion provider Hope Medical Group for Women to block the Republican-backed law from going into effect while litigation continues.

The four liberal justices were joined by conservative Chief Justice John Roberts in the majority, suggesting that Roberts, as Kennedy used to be, is now the key vote on the issue.

Kennedy backed abortion rights in two key cases. Justice Brett Kavanaugh, who President Donald Trump appointed to replace Kennedy, joined the court’s four other conservatives in dissent.

Hope Medical Group challenged the law’s requirement that doctors who perform abortions must have an arrangement called “admitting privileges” at a hospital within 30 miles (48 km) of the clinic.

Kavanaugh, writing for himself, said it was not clear whether doctors would be unable to obtain the admitting privileges were the law to go into effect. He said that he would have favored allowing them to bring a later legal challenge if their efforts were unsuccessful.

The Center for Reproductive Rights, an abortion rights group that represents the challengers, said the law could lead to the closure of two of the three abortion clinics operating in Louisiana, a state of more than 4.6 million people.

The law was passed in 2014 but courts had prevented it from going into effect. The Supreme Court itself blocked the law in 2016, two days after hearing another major case involving a similar Texas law that the justices struck down months later.

Kennedy, a conservative who retired in July 2018, had voted to preserve abortion rights in 1992 and again in the 2016 Texas case.

Roberts was a dissenter in the 2016 case, but his vote on Thursday for now suggests the court is not retreating from that precedent.

Kavanaugh is one of two Trump appointees who are part of the court’s 5-4 conservative majority, along with Neil Gorsuch.

The Supreme Court recognized a woman’s constitutional right to an abortion and legalized the procedure nationwide in the landmark 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling.

The court on Feb. 1 temporarily blocked the Lousiana law, which was due to go into effect on Feb. 4, while the justices decided how to proceed.

Re: Post-Birth Abortion [Re: ConSigCor] #169391
02/08/2019 01:22 PM
02/08/2019 01:22 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Funny thing...if a state wants abortion it's their right. But, in every case I know of where a state attempts to limit abortion some fed judge steps in and rules it unconstitutional.

I know. Roe v. Wade needs to be overturned. There are two ways to do it, through a new Supreme Court ruling, or through a constitutional amendment. I don't see either of those happening anytime soon.

Is anyone surprised that Chief Justice Roberts joined with the four liberal justices to form the majority?

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Post-Birth Abortion [Re: ConSigCor] #169397
02/09/2019 02:01 PM
02/09/2019 02:01 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Exclusive — House GOP Plans Sustained Effort to Expose Leftist Democrats on Abortion

8 Feb 2019Washington, D.C.

House Republicans are gearing up for a sustained push to expose leftist Democrats in the House Democrat majority on their increasingly extreme views on abortion, Breitbart News has learned exclusively.

Specifically, Republicans–as they have demonstrated for three consecutive legislative days–intend to push for a floor vote against Democrat Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s wishes on a piece of legislation from Rep. Ann Wagner (R-MO) that would ensure babies who are born alive following an abortion attempt are given the same medical treatment and care any other newborn baby would receive.

“Protecting innocent life shouldn’t be a partisan issue and it shouldn’t be difficult. Infanticide is barbaric and the growing trend of Democrats advocating it is frightening,” House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, a California Republican, told Breitbart News. “Republicans are united in seeing that a bill protecting babies who survived an attempted abortion urgently receives a vote on the House Floor. It already passed the House with Democratic support last Congress. But so far the new Democrat majority refuse to even consider the bill. But we will ask again. And again. And again, until this body speaks up for life.”

The House Minority Whip, Steve Scalise, a Louisiana Republican, added in an emailed statement to Breitbart News that the Democrats’ extremism has been exposed and will continue to be shown to the public by the GOP’s sustained effort. Scalise said:

It’s absolutely barbaric that in this country it would be allowed to kill a baby after it’s born alive during an abortion, but that’s exactly what some elected Democrat leaders have advocated in recent weeks. Yesterday, the moral indifference of the House Democrat majority was on full display when they refused my motion to even give the Born Alive Survivors Protection Act a vote on the House Floor. Every American deserves to know if their representative stands against infanticide or not, and that’s why this week I began the discharge petition process that would force a vote on our bill. Now Democrats will have to make a choice: stand with the most radical elements of their base, or with the vast majority of Americans who are appalled at the murder of innocent life.

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY), the chairwoman of the House Republican Conference, added in an emailed statement to Breitbart News that Republicans are fighting “pure evil” on the part of those who would kill babies after being born.

Cheney told Breitbart News:

This is about killing babies after they are born and it is the face of pure evil. We’ve seen the leadership of the Democrat Party on the Hill remain silent while elected leaders, including the Governor of Virginia, describe in very cold, clinical terms how he would facilitate the murder of a baby that has already been born. I want to say personally, as a mother of five kids, the idea that we have to describe what the Democrats are doing, is really horrific. I want to ask mothers across this country to join with us to make sure that we don’t see our maternity wards turn into killing fields, which is what the Democrats would do if we don’t stop this. House Republicans are absolutely dedicated to stopping this, and dedicated to protecting the most vulnerable among us, which is the unborn. The notion that we’re having the debate about whether or not you should be able to kill babies is absolutely horrific and evil, and we will stand up against that.

Earlier this week, at a press conference, McCarthy and GOP leaders rolled out their push on the anti-infanticide bill from Wagner, recommitting their efforts to it. Last Congress, the bill was pushed in the House of Representatives by then-Congresswoman and now Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), and it passed with bipartisan support. Six Democrats crossed the aisle to join all the Republicans in the then-GOP-led-majority in January 2018 to pass the Born Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act. The bill did not make it in the Senate.

Now, with Democrats in control of the House of Representatives after the midterm elections, and with states like New York and Virginia among others pushing boundaries on abortion to extremes, the Republicans in Congress is rolling out a long-term push to force the Democrats to hold a vote on the bill. Wagner, the Congresswoman from Missouri who has taken up the Blackburn bill mantle in the House, told Breitbart News that she is “proud” to push for a vote on this critical legislation protecting babies who are born alive surviving abortions.

“I was proud to introduce the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act and help lead the discharge petition process to force a vote on this critical piece of legislation,” Wagner told Breitbart News. “Babies born alive deserve our protection and the proper medical care that any newborn would receive. I called for unanimous consent on the House Floor to bring this commonsense legislation up for a vote so we can protect these babies, but we were denied that vote. My colleagues and I will keep fighting for the precious life of these babies and we will keep calling for this vote so born-alive babies can receive lifesaving medical care when they are at their most vulnerable.”

The Born Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, among other things, requires by law that healthcare professionals present at a live birth use their skills to preserve the life and health of a child at the same degree of care that would be offered to any child born prematurely at the same gestational age–and that after these efforts conclude, those healthcare professionals are legally responsible for the transportation and admission to a hospital. It also requires health officials to report any violations to law enforcement and penalizes intentional killing of born-alive children with various fines and up to five years in prison.

Leadership officials in the House GOP conference told Breitbart News that until the Democrats schedule a floor vote on this, on every legislative day when the House is in session, a different House Republican will go to the floor and ask for unanimous consent to have a vote on the bill.

Democrats have already blocked Republicans’ efforts three times. McCarthy tried on Wednesday, Scalise tried on Thursday, and Wagner tried on Friday. Cheney is expected to go to the floor next week, and many other members will get in the fight. There will be a different member each day pushing for unanimous consent on Wagner’s bill until Pelosi’s Democrat leadership team, which remains steadfastly in favor of not protecting babies born alive, cracks and allows a vote.

“This will force Speaker Pelosi and the House Democrat Majority to either go on record in blocking that request, or immediately proceed to passage of this important legislation,” a GOP leadership aide told Breitbart News.

Republicans say they will not be deterred and are ready for the long haul if necessary, because they believe that when the House votes on this bill protecting babies, many Democrats will be forced to–as six of them did in early 2018 when the Blackburn version of the bill passed the House on a bipartisan vote under Republican control–vote against their party leadership’s increasingly more extreme position on abortion.

Republicans are ready to take this request for unanimous consent on this bill to the floor, leadership aides say, every day that the House is in session for months and months–even more than a hundred days–if necessary.

The effort began on Wednesday, the day after President Donald Trump’s State of the Union addres in the very same chamber, where the president asked Congress to pass legislation protecting the most innocent lives–newborn babies and the unborn. Trump also criticized recent developments in New York, which made late-term abortions legal, and in Virginia, where the Democrat Governor Ralph Northam has come under serious fire for comments supporting abortion of a child during the birth of that child.

President Trump said:

Lawmakers in New York cheered with delight upon the passage of legislation that would allow a baby to be ripped from the mother’s womb moments from birth. These are living, feeling, beautiful babies who will never get the chance to share their love and their dreams with the world. And then, we had the case of the Governor of Virginia where he stated he would execute a baby after birth. To defend the dignity of every person, I am asking Congress to pass legislation to prohibit the late-term abortion of children who can feel pain in the mother’s womb. Let us work together to build a culture that cherishes innocent life. And let us reaffirm a fundamental truth: All children — born and unborn — are made in the holy image of God.

On Wednesday afternoon, after Wagner reintroduced the bill Wednesday morning and leadership touted it at a press conference, McCarthy went to the floor to push for a vote via unanimous consent. Pelosi’s designate in the Speaker’s chair that day, Rep. Debbie Mucarsel-Powell (D-FL), blocked the bill, saying Pelosi’s leadership team had not agreed to it.

Here’s video of the exchange between McCarthy and Pelosi’s designate:

Then, the next day, Scalise went to the floor and tried again. Pelosi’s designate, a different Democrat this time, blocked the GOP:

And Wagner tried again on Friday:

As each of these battles happens, McCarthy’s team and the rest of the GOP leadership are blasting out press releases to the national media highlighting the Democrat opposition to protecting babies from being killed during or after being born. Republicans also intend to push the message hard on social media, ripping Democrats for supporting what amounts to murder of babies already born:

Today, I will ask for a vote on @RepAnnWagner's Born-Alive Protection Act, which would outlaw and penalize infanticide in the United States. If Democrats object, we will ask again. And again. And again, until the House of Representatives speaks up for life. pic.twitter.com/uFhbe0tcwZ

— Kevin McCarthy (@GOPLeader) February 6, 2019

Democrats just rejected mandatory medical care for every baby born. They’ll have an opportunity to do the right thing tomorrow when Republicans ask for a vote again.

— Kevin McCarthy (@GOPLeader) February 6, 2019

According to a report in the Washington Post on Thursday, the GOP clearly views this as a winning issue politically–as it hands the Republicans the moral high ground on abortion, as the extremely radical view of killing a baby after he or she has been born–not when a baby is still in the womb–is so out there most of the country is aligned against it, even supporters of abortion.

Scalise is quoted in that Post story as saying the New York and Virginia developments on the life issue seem to have “woke a sleeping giant”– the movement of people across the country disgusted, outraged, and driven to action to protect human life from Democrats who could care less about it or would go so far as to pass laws stretching abortion to radical extremes.

The Northam comments hit America hard. He was making the case in favor of Virginia statehouse Delegate Kathy Tran’s bill that would allow abortion when a woman is going into labor–meaning as a baby is being born–and took it much, much further.

Northam, a Democrat, said in a radio interview with WTOP, adding:

This is why decisions such as this should be made by providers, physicians, and the mothers and fathers that are involved. When we talk about third-trimester abortions, these are done with the consent of obviously the mother, with the consent of the physician—more than one physician, by the way—and it’s done in cases where there may be severe deformities. There may be a fetus that’s non-viable.

Northam, who was a doctor before he got into politics, then said that the child would be “kept comfortable” while doctors and parents made a decision whether or not to kill him or her. Northam said:

If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother. So I think this was really blown out of proportion. We want the government not to be involved in these types of decisions.

Northam’s comments reportedly so outraged his medical colleagues that they leaked to the media photographs from his yearbook page in medical school that show two men in racially offensive garb–one in blackface, the other in a Ku Klux Klan outfit. Northan originally admitted one of the men was him but would not specify which, then walked back his admission and is now denying either of the men are him and refuses to resign despite nearly all of the Democrat Party nationally pushing for his resignation.

The scandal has rocked the Democrat Party nationally and reverberated heavily throughout Virginia, as not just Northam but both his presumed successors–next in line Democrat Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax and the number three in line to the governor’s mansion, Democrat Attorney General Mark Herring–have been consumed by scandals of their own.

Fairfax has been hit with a pair of sexual assault allegations, including one woman who accused him of raping her. He denies the allegations despite calls from national Democrats for him to resign as well. Herring has admitted he too donned blackface in his college days. Herring had previously called on Northam to resign over Northam’s admission at a press conference that he wore blackface at a different time than the photo that appeared in his yearbook.

Republicans’ renewed focus on abortion in the wake of both the New York and Virginia developments–among others nationwide–has widespread public support. Recent polling shows that the public wants restrictions on abortion, and wants Roe v. Wade reinterpreted so as to allow for restrictions:

A new KofC/Marist poll on American attitudes toward abortion finds that overwhelming majorities support substantial restrictions on abortion, and would like to see Roe v. Wade reinterpreted to allow restrictions. https://t.co/YW1y7rEWFx pic.twitter.com/6nQNNYHBHI

— Knights of Columbus (@KofC) January 15, 2019

What’s more, Democrats who have embraced radical and extreme late-term abortion policy views in recent weeks–not just Northam–have come under fire. New York’s Gov. Andrew Cuomo, another Democrat who is reportedly considering running for president in 2020, wrote an op-ed in the New York Times defending his state’s radical new law by saying: “I am a former altar boy.”

“My Roman Catholic values are my personal values. The decisions I choose to make in my life, or in counseling my daughters, are based on my personal moral and religious beliefs,” Cuomo wrote, backing the law by saying his oath is not to his personal beliefs but to the law and the Constitution.

Re: Post-Birth Abortion [Re: ConSigCor] #169872
02/22/2019 08:10 PM
02/22/2019 08:10 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

Vt. House Passes Bill Legalizing Elective Abortions Until Birth

Democratic Rep. claims she trusts women

By Grace Carr | Daily Caller News Foundation Friday, February 22, 2019

The Vermont House passed a bill Thursday that gives women the right to have elective abortions up until birth and strips away rights of unborn babies.

The House approved H-0057 by a 106-36 vote. The bill allows women to abort a baby at any time and for any reason up until birth. “Every individual who becomes pregnant has the fundamental right to choose to carry a pregnancy to term, give birth to a child, or to have an abortion,” the bill reads.

Interference by the state, law enforcement or a public entity with an attempt to procure or induce an abortion is illegal under the proposal. Women have a “fundamental right the freedom of reproductive choice and to prohibit public entities from interfering with or restricting the right of an individual to terminate the individual’s pregnancy,” according to the bill’s text.

An unborn baby also has no rights, according to the bill, which reads, “A fetus shall not have independent rights under Vermont law.”

Kaitlin Bennett breaks down the facts on abortion.

Planned Parenthood was investigated in 2017 for the alleged illegal sale of baby body parts, a practice that would become legal under the Vermont proposal.

“I trust women. Therefore I cast my vote in favor of codifying protections Vermonters already have in safeguarding this fundamental reproductive right,” Democratic Rep. Becca White said applauding the bill, according to The Washington Times.

“To this day, I can’t think of a single scenario where I thought a late-term abortion would help to improve a woman’s mental health,” doctor and Kansas Rep. Roger W. Marshall wrote in a February op-ed. “Contrary to the pro-abortion movement, regardless of the mother’s underlying medical health, I never saw the scenario where we had to choose between a mom’s life and a baby,” Marshall wrote.

Marshall is an obstetrician who has delivered more than 5,000 babies in western Kansas over 25 years. He also served as an OB-GYN at a state mental health hospital and prison.

If the law passes, late-term abortion doctors can be expected to set up clinics in the state to which women would travel to seek elective abortions until birth.

“It is official. The Vermont Democrat Party now holds the dubious distinction of being the party of unlimited, unrestricted and unregulated abortion-on-demand throughout pregnancy,” Vermont Right to Life executive director Mary Hahn Beerworth said in a statement.

The legislation will now move to the Democrat-controlled Senate for a vote.

Rhode Island, Virginia, Maine, New Mexico and Maryland are considering proposals to expand abortion access. New York passed the Reproductive Health Act in January, codifying a woman’s ability to abort under state law and allowing women to have abortions after 24 weeks to preserve the mother’s health.

Seventy-five percent of Americans support significant abortion restrictions and say abortion should not be legal after a woman is three months pregnant, according to a January Marist poll.

Re: Post-Birth Abortion [Re: ConSigCor] #169920
02/26/2019 12:23 PM
02/26/2019 12:23 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Trump Slams Senate Democrats On Born Alive Bill: ‘One Of The Most Shocking Votes In The History Of Congress’

Evie Fordham | Politics and Health Care Reporter

President Donald Trump reacted on Twitter Monday evening after the Born-Alive Survivors Protection Act, which would have ensured that babies who survive abortions are given medical attention, failed to pass the Senate.

“Senate Democrats just voted against legislation to prevent the killing of newborn infant children. The Democrat position on abortion is now so extreme that they don’t mind executing babies AFTER birth,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “This will be remembered as one of the most shocking votes in the history of Congress. If there is one thing we should all agree on, it’s protecting the lives of innocent babies.”

Senate Democrats just voted against legislation to prevent the killing of newborn infant children. The Democrat position on abortion is now so extreme that they don’t mind executing babies AFTER birth….

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 26, 2019

The bill failed 53 to 44. The legislation would have mandated that babies born alive after an abortion would receive the “same protection of law as any newborn” and needed 60 votes to pass.

No Democratic presidential hopefuls in the Senate voted for the bill.

Republican Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse spearheaded the effort to pass the Born-Alive Survivors Protection Act.

“Despite opposition and setbacks, despite some strange rhetoric about this bill over the course of the last week, I am hopeful in the long term,” he said Monday.

Sasse re-upped the legislation after comments from Democratic Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam. Northam has not walked back statements he made that appeared to condone infanticide and late-term abortion in January.

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.