04/17/2019 04:53 PM
04/17/2019 04:53 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Everybody else is, and my guess is that by this time tomorrow, all hell is going to break loose Every word is going to be examined closely, and the spin doctors will be spinning like never before. And since at least some of it will be redacted, well...

Here we go.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Are You Ready for the 400-page Mueller Report? [Re: airforce] #170280
04/17/2019 10:09 PM
04/17/2019 10:09 PM
Omaha Nebraska
Huskerpatriot Offline
Huskerpatriot  Offline
Omaha Nebraska
There are laws that require much of it to be redacted
- jury info
- identity of unindited individuals to protect their identity
- information that reveals investigation tactics and methods

To release the report unredacted would be illegal. Unlike the previous administration’s DOJ, this one does not want to flaunt laws that violate people’s rights.

"Government at its best is a necessary evil, and at it�s worst, an intolerable one."
 Thomas Paine (from "Common Sense" 1776)
Re: Are You Ready for the 400-page Mueller Report? [Re: airforce] #170284
04/18/2019 11:09 AM
04/18/2019 11:09 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Here are the remarks by Attorney general Barr on the release of the Mueller Report.

Good Morning. Thank you all for being here today.

On March 22, 2019, Special Counsel Robert Mueller concluded his investigation of matters related to Russian attempts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election and submitted his confidential report to me pursuant to Department of Justice regulations.

As I said during my Senate confirmation hearing and since, I am committed to ensuring the greatest possible degree of transparency concerning the Special Counsel’s investigation, consistent with the law.

At 11:00 this morning, I will transmit copies of a public version of the Special Counsel’s report to the Chairmen and Ranking Members of the House and Senate Judiciary Committees. The Department of Justice will also make the report available to the American public by posting it on the Department’s website after it has been delivered to Congress.

I would like to offer a few comments today on the report.

But before I do that, I want to thank Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein for joining me here today and for his assistance and counsel throughout this process. Rod has served the Department of Justice for many years with dedication and distinction, and it has been a great privilege and pleasure to work with him since my confirmation. He had well-deserved plans to step back from public service that I interrupted by asking him to help in my transition. Rod has been an invaluable partner, and I am grateful that he was willing to help me and has been able to see the Special Counsel’s investigation to its conclusion. Thank you, Rod.

I would also like to thank Special Counsel Mueller for his service and the thoroughness of his investigation, particularly his work exposing the nature of Russia’s attempts to interfere in our electoral process.

As you know, one of the primary purposes of the Special Counsel’s investigation was to determine whether members of the presidential campaign of Donald J. Trump, or any individuals associated with that campaign, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government to interfere in the 2016 election. Volume I of the Special Counsel’s report describes the results of that investigation. As you will see, the Special Counsel’s report states that his “investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.”

I am sure that all Americans share my concerns about the efforts of the Russian government to interfere in our presidential election. As the Special Counsel’s report makes clear, the Russian government sought to interfere in our election. But thanks to the Special Counsel’s thorough investigation, we now know that the Russian operatives who perpetrated these schemes did not have the cooperation of President Trump or the Trump campaign – or the knowing assistance of any other Americans for that matter. That is something that all Americans can and should be grateful to have confirmed.

The Special Counsel’s report outlines two main efforts by the Russian government to influence the 2016 election:

First, the report details efforts by the Internet Research Agency, a Russian company with close ties to the Russian government, to sow social discord among American voters through disinformation and social media operations. Following a thorough investigation of this disinformation campaign, the Special Counsel brought charges in federal court against several Russian nationals and entities for their respective roles in this scheme. Those charges remain pending, and the individual defendants remain at large.

But the Special Counsel found no evidence that any Americans – including anyone associated with the Trump campaign – conspired or coordinated with the Russian government or the IRA in carrying out this illegal scheme. Indeed, as the report states, “[t]he investigation did not identify evidence that any U.S. persons knowingly or intentionally coordinated with the IRA’s interference operation.” Put another way, the Special Counsel found no “collusion” by any Americans in the IRA’s illegal activity.

Second, the report details efforts by Russian military officials associated with the GRU to hack into computers and steal documents and emails from individuals affiliated with the Democratic Party and the presidential campaign of Hillary Rodham Clinton for the purpose of eventually publicizing those emails. Obtaining such unauthorized access into computers is a federal crime. Following a thorough investigation of these hacking operations, the Special Counsel brought charges in federal court against several Russian military officers for their respective roles in these illegal hacking activities. Those charges are still pending and the defendants remain at large.

But again, the Special Counsel’s report did not find any evidence that members of the Trump campaign or anyone associated with the campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its hacking operations. In other words, there was no evidence of Trump campaign “collusion” with the Russian government’s hacking.

The Special Counsel’s investigation also examined Russian efforts to publish stolen emails and documents on the internet. The Special Counsel found that, after the GRU disseminated some of the stolen materials through its own controlled entities, DCLeaks and Guccifer 2.0, the GRU transferred some of the stolen materials to Wikileaks for publication. Wikileaks then made a series of document dumps. The Special Counsel also investigated whether any member or affiliate of the Trump campaign encouraged or otherwise played a role in these dissemination efforts. Under applicable law, publication of these types of materials would not be criminal unless the publisher also participated in the underlying hacking conspiracy. Here too, the Special Counsel’s report did not find that any person associated with the Trump campaign illegally participated in the dissemination of the materials.

Finally, the Special Counsel investigated a number of “links” or “contacts” between Trump Campaign officials and individuals connected with the Russian government during the 2016 presidential campaign. After reviewing those contacts, the Special Counsel did not find any conspiracy to violate U.S. law involving Russia-linked persons and any persons associated with the Trump campaign.

So that is the bottom line. After nearly two years of investigation, thousands of subpoenas, and hundreds of warrants and witness interviews, the Special Counsel confirmed that the Russian government sponsored efforts to illegally interfere with the 2016 presidential election but did not find that the Trump campaign or other Americans colluded in those schemes.

After finding no underlying collusion with Russia, the Special Counsel’s report goes on to consider whether certain actions of the President could amount to obstruction of the Special Counsel’s investigation. As I addressed in my March 24th letter, the Special Counsel did not make a traditional prosecutorial judgment regarding this allegation. Instead, the report recounts ten episodes involving the President and discusses potential legal theories for connecting these actions to elements of an obstruction offense.

After carefully reviewing the facts and legal theories outlined in the report, and in consultation with the Office of Legal Counsel and other Department lawyers, the Deputy Attorney General and I concluded that the evidence developed by the Special Counsel is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense.

Although the Deputy Attorney General and I disagreed with some of the Special Counsel’s legal theories and felt that some of the episodes examined did not amount to obstruction as a matter of law, we did not rely solely on that in making our decision. Instead, we accepted the Special Counsel’s legal framework for purposes of our analysis and evaluated the evidence as presented by the Special Counsel in reaching our conclusion.

In assessing the President’s actions discussed in the report, it is important to bear in mind the context. President Trump faced an unprecedented situation. As he entered into office, and sought to perform his responsibilities as President, federal agents and prosecutors were scrutinizing his conduct before and after taking office, and the conduct of some of his associates. At the same time, there was relentless speculation in the news media about the President’s personal culpability. Yet, as he said from the beginning, there was in fact no collusion. And as the Special Counsel’s report acknowledges, there is substantial evidence to show that the President was frustrated and angered by a sincere belief that the investigation was undermining his presidency, propelled by his political opponents, and fueled by illegal leaks. Nonetheless, the White House fully cooperated with the Special Counsel’s investigation, providing unfettered access to campaign and White House documents, directing senior aides to testify freely, and asserting no privilege claims. And at the same time, the President took no act that in fact deprived the Special Counsel of the documents and witnesses necessary to complete his investigation. Apart from whether the acts were obstructive, this evidence of non-corrupt motives weighs heavily against any allegation that the President had a corrupt intent to obstruct the investigation.

Now, before I take questions, I want to address a few aspects of the process for producing the public report that I am releasing today. As I said several times, the report contains limited redactions relating to four categories of information. To ensure as much transparency as possible, these redactions have been clearly labelled and color-coded so that readers can tell which redactions correspond to which categories.

As you will see, most of the redactions were compelled by the need to prevent harm to ongoing matters and to comply with court orders prohibiting the public disclosure of information bearing upon ongoing investigations and criminal cases, such as the IRA case and the Roger Stone case.

These redactions were applied by Department of Justice attorneys working closely together with attorneys from the Special Counsel’s Office, as well as with the intelligence community, and prosecutors who are handling ongoing cases. The redactions are their work product.

Consistent with long-standing Executive Branch practice, the decision whether to assert Executive privilege over any portion of the report rested with the President of the United States. Because the White House voluntarily cooperated with the Special Counsel’s investigation, significant portions of the report contain material over which the President could have asserted privilege. And he would have been well within his rights to do so. Following my March 29th letter, the Office of the White House Counsel requested the opportunity to review the redacted version of the report in order to advise the President on the potential invocation of privilege, which is consistent with long-standing practice. Following that review, the President confirmed that, in the interests of transparency and full disclosure to the American people, he would not assert privilege over the Special Counsel’s report. Accordingly, the public report I am releasing today contains redactions only for the four categories that I previously outlined, and no material has been redacted based on executive privilege.

In addition, earlier this week, the President’s personal counsel requested and were given the opportunity to read a final version of the redacted report before it was publicly released. That request was consistent with the practice followed under the Ethics in Government Act, which permitted individuals named in a report prepared by an Independent Counsel the opportunity to read the report before publication. The President’s personal lawyers were not permitted to make, and did not request, any redactions.

In addition to making the redacted report public, we are also committed to working with Congress to accommodate their legitimate oversight interests with respect to the Special Counsel’s investigation. We have been consulting with Chairman Graham and Chairman Nadler throughout this process, and we will continue to do so.

Given the limited nature of the redactions, I believe that the publicly released report will allow every American to understand the results of the Special Counsel’s investigation. Nevertheless, in an effort to accommodate congressional requests, we will make available to a bipartisan group of leaders from several Congressional committees a version of the report with all redactions removed except those relating to grand-jury information. Thus, these members of Congress will be able to see all of the redacted material for themselves – with the limited exception of that which, by law, cannot be shared.

I believe that this accommodation, together with my upcoming testimony before the Senate and House Judiciary Committees, will satisfy any need Congress has for information regarding the Special Counsel’s investigation.

Once again, I would like to thank you all for being here today. I now have a few minutes for questions.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Last edited by airforce; 04/18/2019 11:12 AM.
Re: Are You Ready for the 400-page Mueller Report? [Re: airforce] #170285
04/18/2019 11:18 AM
04/18/2019 11:18 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
The 448-page report is available here.

And here is a searchable pdf of the report. This is an idea whose time has come.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Last edited by airforce; 04/18/2019 01:14 PM.
Re: Are You Ready for the 400-page Mueller Report? [Re: airforce] #170291
04/19/2019 10:10 AM
04/19/2019 10:10 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
WND
Left in turmoil over failed 'collusion' campaign
'Fiasco was a witch hunt based on b-------'

It was a bad day for Democrats and the establishment news media Thursday with the release of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report concluding there was no collusion between the 2016 Trump campaign and Russia.

It’s because they’ve been pushing that narrative for more than two years as they’ve tried to obstruct virtually every move by President Trump.Left-leaning Fox News host Geraldo Rivera scolded the political left in a tweet.

“Democrats & media tortured @realDonaldTrump, haunting his presidency, stalking him relentlessly, obsessing over every tidbit except those that tended to exonerate him,” he wrote. “This was a hoax. Stories that implied collusion were fake news. Whole fiasco was a witch hunt based on b——-.”

President Trump, meanwhile, wrote to his Twitter followers, “Game Over.”

He called for an investigation into who started the “Russia collusion” probe and why. The president wants to know whether any laws were broken by the Justice Department and the FBI under Barack Obama.

The Twitter news-aggregator Twitchy compiled a host of responses to the reaction to the Mueller report.

Arthur Schwartz wrote: “They’re losing their minds over at CNN. This is better than election night.”

CNN’s Chris Cillizza responded to the claim with, “No, we’re not.”

A Twitchy blogger commented: “Today has been pretty damn hilarious on Twitter, unless of course, you’re a Democrat or a member of the media who has spent the last two years pushing the fake Trump-Russia collusion story. Then today has been well and truly horrible for you.”

CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin insisted that, despite Mueller’s unwillingness to conclude Trump obstructed justice, the president must be guilty “because he’s been frustrated by the investigation.”

“In a similar vein, MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace seems to think that the fact that the Mueller probe took nearly two years is also evidence that Trump’s guilty of something,” Twitchy reported.

Wallace wrote: “We know it wasn’t a criminal conspiracy with the Russians, but then what was it? Because Robert Mueller spent 22 months looking at it, and if there was nothing, I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t have taken 22 months to say nothing.”

President Trump and Republican lawmakers who have been probing the origin of the investigation already have an idea of what it was all about, pointing to evidence that it was politically motivated. The real colluders, they maintain, are top Obama administration officials who sought to prevent Trump from being elected and to undermine his presidency after he won.

When NBC anchor Chuck Todd wondered why the attorney general would need to comment on Mueller’s report, he got an answer from a Twitter user in the form of another question.

“Why do we need to hear from Chuck Todd when his job is simply to facilitate the Mueller report?”

Political analyst Max Boot, a staunch opponent of the president, tweeted a taunt implying Trump will meet President Nixon’s fate.

“Imagine how frustrated Nixon was during Watergate when he suffered many many leaks (remember Deep Throat?) and political attacks. Yet he was still impeached for, inter alia, obstruction of justice.”

However, as Fox News analyst Brit Hume pointed out, Nixon wasn’t impeached.

One of the better “thuds,” according to Twitchy, came in response to a tweet by Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif.: “This is not a game. This is not a TV show. This is our government and we need to fix it.”

Twitter user Beth Mallinger wrote: “Says the man that announced his run for presidency on a comedy show.”

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Are You Ready for the 400-page Mueller Report? [Re: airforce] #170292
04/19/2019 01:21 PM
04/19/2019 01:21 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
I'm trying to figure out this new definition of "obstruction of justice." It has never been against the law to ask your attorney's if it's legal to do something. And it has never been against the law to try to limit the scope of an investigation, or to try to squash what the investigators can see. According to the Democrats, it's different for Trump.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Trump fan. I think he's an arrogant, ignorant asshole. But that is neither against the law, nor an impeachable offense. If it were, there would be about three people left in Washington.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Are You Ready for the 400-page Mueller Report? [Re: airforce] #170296
04/20/2019 12:57 PM
04/20/2019 12:57 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Sen. Elizabeth "Paleface" Warren is demanding Trump be impeached. That's pretty unlikely, and she knows it. But she also knows she needs to do something to rescue her sagging campaign.

The latest New Hampshire poll puts her if fifth place, behind Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, Pete Buttigieg, and "No Opinion." She needs to start making some headlines. Lord knows, her policies sure aren't selling.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Are You Ready for the 400-page Mueller Report? [Re: airforce] #170297
04/20/2019 10:12 PM
04/20/2019 10:12 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Buttgeig?! crazy laugh

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Are You Ready for the 400-page Mueller Report? [Re: airforce] #170298
04/20/2019 11:08 PM
04/20/2019 11:08 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Don't laugh. he's one of the best guys the Democrats have running. Granted, that's not saying very much, but still...

It may seem like he doesn't have much of a chance at the nomination. But, remember how much of a chance we gave a certain billionaire four years ago?

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Are You Ready for the 400-page Mueller Report? [Re: airforce] #170299
04/21/2019 12:44 AM
04/21/2019 12:44 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

CNN Op-Ed Admits ‘Mueller’s Report Looks Bad For Obama’
Russians meddled in US democracy since 2014 while Obama administration did nothing

By Zero Hedge Saturday, April 20, 2019

With Congressional Democrats tantruming over redactions, presidential candidates out-virtue-signalling one another in denigration of Trump (for what it is unclear) calling for impeachment (again, for what is unclear) and the liberal media desperate for a distraction from the embarrassment of their two-year harassment in lieu of the main headline – “no collusion, no obstruction;” few if any among the mainstream have noticed (or mentioned) one tiny little detail in the Mueller Report… the ‘confirmed’ interference by Russia in the 2016 US Election took place – knowingly – under President Obama’s watch.

But amid all this sound and fury, something odd happened. The ‘powers-that-be’ at CNN – ground zero for the Trump’s-a-traitorous-Putin-Puppet propaganda – have allowed the publication of an op-ed amid their hallowed pages that casts blame at the anointed one. CNN contributor Scott Jennings – soon to be exiled from every social media platform we suspect – dared to point out that the Mueller report looks bad for Obama.

“The partisan warfare over the Mueller report will rage, but one thing cannot be denied: Former President Barack Obama looks just plain bad. On his watch, the Russians meddled in our democracy while his administration did nothing about it.”

“The Mueller report flatly states that Russia began interfering in American democracy in 2014. Over the next couple of years, the effort blossomed into a robust attempt to interfere in our 2016 presidential election.”

“The Obama administration knew this was going on and yet did nothing.”

“In 2016, Obama’s National Security Adviser Susan Rice told her staff to “stand down” and “knock it off” as they drew up plans to “strike back” against the Russians, according to an account from Michael Isikoff and David Corn in their book ‘Russian Roulette: The Inside Story of Putin’s War on America and the Election of Donald Trump’.”

Is this some kind of penance on this holy weekend for CNN’s past sins of omission? Perhaps. But Jennings then asked the hard question: Why did Obama go soft on Russia?

“My opinion is that it was because he was singularly focused on the nuclear deal with Iran. Obama wanted Putin in the deal, and to stand up to him on election interference would have, in Obama’s estimation, upset that negotiation. This turned out to be a disastrous policy decision.”

“Obama’s supporters claim he did stand up to Russia by deploying sanctions after the election to punish them for their actions. But, Obama, according to the Washington Post, “approved a modest package… with economic sanctions so narrowly targeted that even those who helped design them describe their impact as largely symbolic.” In other words, a toothless response to a serious incursion.”

“But don’t just take my word for it that Obama failed. Congressman Adam Schiff, who disgraced himself in this process by claiming collusion when Mueller found that none exists, once said that “the Obama administration should have done a lot more.” The Washington Post reported that a senior Obama administration official said they “sort of choked” in failing to stop the Russian government’s brazen activities. And Obama’s ambassador to Russia, Michael McFaul, said, ‘The punishment did not fit the crime’ about the weak sanctions rolled out after the 2016 election.”

“A legitimate question Republicans are asking is whether the potential “collusion” narrative was invented to cover up the Obama administration’s failures. Two years have been spent fomenting the idea that Russia only interfered because it had a willing, colluding partner: Trump. Now that Mueller has popped that balloon, we must ask why this collusion narrative was invented in the first place.”

“Given Obama’s record on Russia, one operating theory is that his people needed a smokescreen to obscure just how wrong they were. They’ve blamed Trump. They’ve even blamed Mitch McConnell, in some twisted attempt to deflect blame to another branch of government. Joe Biden once claimed McConnell refused to sign a letter condemning the Russians during the 2016 election. But McConnell’s office counters that the White House asked him to sign a letter urging state electors to accept federal help in securing local elections — and he did. You can read it here.”

“I guess if I had failed to stop Russia from marching into Crimea, making a mess in Syria, and hacking our democracy I’d be looking to blame someone else, too.”

“But the Mueller report makes it clear that the Russian interference failure was Obama’s alone. He was the commander-in-chief when all of this happened. In 2010, he and Eric Holder, his Attorney General, declined to prosecute Julian Assange, who then went on to help Russia hack the Democratic National Committee’s emails in 2016. He arguably chose to prioritize his relationship with Putin vis-à-vis Iran over pushing back against Russian election interference that had been going on for at least two years.”

“If you consider Russian election interference a crisis for our democracy, then you cannot read the Mueller report, adding it to the available public evidence, and conclude anything other than Barack Obama spectacularly failed America. Subsequent investigations of this matter should explore how and why Obama’s White House failed, and whether they invented the collusion narrative to cover up those failures.”

As President Trump just commented, this hoax was “…a big, fat, waste of time, energy and money – $30,000,000 to be exact.”

“It is now finally time to turn the tables and bring justice to some very sick and dangerous people who have committed very serious crimes, perhaps even Spying or Treason. This should never happen again!”

The question is – will CNN follow this ‘racist’ op-ed with some real journalism on who knew what, when and how this farce started? (We will not be holding our breath).

After being exonerated, the Trump campaign’s statement on the Mueller report reveals they are ready to fight for the justice they deserve.

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.