Print Thread
Extreme Weather Patterns #170499
05/21/2019 10:33 AM
05/21/2019 10:33 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
What Is Causing Extremely Bizarre Weather Patterns To Hammer The Middle Of The U.S. Over And Over Again?

Michael Snyder
May 20th, 2019
The Economic Collapse Blog

The middle of the country has never seen anything quite like this. As 2019 began, the central portion of the nation was relentlessly hammered by bitter cold and massive snow storms, and many were hoping for better things once spring arrived. But then in March the flooding began, and it hasn’t stopped since.

In fact, this is already the longest we have seen flooding along the Mississippi River since 1927, and there is no end in sight. By the time it is all said and done, all of the old records will probably be completely shattered. Meanwhile, powerful storms continue to pound the heartland every few days. Over the weekend, huge storms struck the middle of the country on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and more are expected on Monday. So what is causing such extremely bizarre weather to happen? Is there a reason why weather patterns have shifted so dramatically or is all of this just a really, really strange coincidence?

Nobody can possibly claim that what we are witnessing is “normal”. According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the last year has been the “wettest 12-month period in recorded history” for the lower 48 states…

The continental United States just recorded its wettest 12-month period in recorded history, while also moving one step closer to being drought-free, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

Needless to say, all of this wet weather has caused a tremendous amount of flooding, and at this point, this is the longest-lasting Mississippi River flood since 1927…

Mississippi River flooding has been ongoing for three months or longer in some locations, making it the longest-lasting flood there since the Great Flood of 1927, the worst flood in modern history on the lower Mississippi River.

Take Vicksburg, Mississippi, for example.

The Mississippi River went above flood stage there on Feb. 17, and has remained in flood ever since. The National Weather Service said this is the longest continuous stretch above flood stage since 1927 at Vicksburg.

And since there is no end in sight for the flooding, all of the old records may end up being broken by a very wide margin.

Very weird weather is happening out west too. In fact, several feet of snow just fell in the mountains of California…

Parts of California still resemble a scene out of winter, with a series of storms bringing several feet of snow to mountain areas, ahead of a “significant” severe weather threat across the nation’s midsection.

The National Weather Service said that a series of Pacific storms are bringing heavy rain, mountain snow, and gusty winds across the West. A winter storm warning was issued Wednesday night that will run through Friday morning for the southern Sierra Nevada.

In every year there are moments of bad weather. But that isn’t what we are talking about. In 2019, it is as if we are being hit with a sledgehammer day after day after day.

Of course this has been absolutely disastrous for agricultural production. At this point, U.S. farmers have planted less than half the corn that they were expected to plant by now. For much more on this, please see my previous article entitled “Total Catastrophe For U.S. Corn Production: Only 30% Of U.S. Corn Fields Have Been Planted – 5 Year Average Is 66%”.

We like to think that we are not vulnerable to the vagaries of the weather thanks to all of our advanced technology, but that is not true at all.

And over the weekend, things got even worse.

Starting on Friday and Saturday, a string of immensely powerful storms devastated communities all over the Midwest…

A plethora of tornado reports began rolling in Friday in Nebraska and Kansas. On Saturday, almost a dozen were reported in Texas and Oklahoma. In Texas, the National Weather Service Abilene/San Angelo concluded that an EF2 tornado with winds of up to 135 mph damage homes in San Angelo.

Dru Lewis was hunkered down with his family as the storm battered his home.

“There was a suction … from under the door, I could feel it,” he said. “Then all the windows just exploded. It was just chaos from there until the storm died down.”

Then on Sunday, more huge storms produced literally dozens of tornadoes across the region…

Severe thunderstorms continued to rumble across parts of the U.S. Sunday, damaging buildings in Louisiana after spawning more than three dozen reports of tornadoes across five states.

Several homes and businesses were damaged and power lines and trees were down throughout Evangeline Parish, Louisiana, after severe thunderstorms and possible tornadoes moved through the area early Sunday morning. The town of Ville Platte, about 76 miles northwest of Baton Rouge, was especially hard hit.

Unfortunately, there is still more to come. In fact, an entirely new weather system will hit the middle of the country on Monday…

On Monday, a new system will develop off the High Plains and slide east into the Southern Plains. The dry line will interact with an increasingly moist and unstable air mass that will develop across parts of Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas.

Unfortunately, that means very favorable conditions for violent severe weather in parts of this region.

We are being told that the storms on Monday could affect nearly 50 million people.

For a long time I have been warning that global weather patterns are dramatically changing, but at first a lot of people wanted to argue that it wasn’t true.

Well, these days the number of people that want to claim that I am wrong has gone way down.

Of course, throughout all of human history weather patterns have always been changing, and so change isn’t something that is new.

But the changes that we are witnessing in our time appear to be taking an apocalyptic turn, and nobody is exactly sure what is going to happen next.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Extreme Weather Patterns [Re: ConSigCor] #170500
05/21/2019 12:32 PM
05/21/2019 12:32 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
That tornado warning this morning was a pretty rude wake-up call. But while the weather this year has been out of the ordinary, I wouldn't call it apocalyptic. Or even very unusual. I've seen years that were way worse than this. And my parents saw the Dustbowl,. Even that wasn't apocalyptic, just life changing.

Does that mean I know what's going to happen next? Nope. I was a pretty good forecaster, but ten days out is about my limit.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Extreme Weather Patterns [Re: ConSigCor] #170502
05/21/2019 03:36 PM
05/21/2019 03:36 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
News said one touched down in your area this morning. Watched the live feeds yesterday. Looked like they were popping up everywhere.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Extreme Weather Patterns [Re: ConSigCor] #170503
05/21/2019 04:21 PM
05/21/2019 04:21 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Yeah, it was fairly close, but close doesn't count. smile There were actually three waves of them, two last night and one this morning with the dry line. It wasn't the worst outbreak I've seen, and thankfully not the strongest storms, certainly not as strong as forecast, but it was nasty enough. No fatalities, which is unusual for an outbreak like this. I think most of the damage came from strong winds associated with thunderstorms, rather than the tornadoes.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Extreme Weather Patterns [Re: ConSigCor] #170508
05/22/2019 05:20 PM
05/22/2019 05:20 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
The county was passing around leaflets in my area, telling residents to be prepared to evacuate in case of flooding. It's good advice, the Arkansas River basin was already at the hundred year flood stage before this latest round of storms, and Big Joe Creek out back has risen about three or four feet since then, and about six inches in just the last hour.

It still has about another six feet or so before it hits the five hundred year flood stage, and I'm a few feet above that, so I don't think I have a lot to worry about here. My daughter lives just south of Glenpool, and she only has about three or four feet to go. If it rises another two feet, she plans on bugging out, and I may go with her. My cabin on Lake Tenkiller was always our first choice for a rally point but, well, it's on a lake, and won't be much of an option.

The moral is, it's always good to have a plan - but be prepared to change those plans.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Extreme Weather Patterns [Re: ConSigCor] #170509
05/22/2019 05:42 PM
05/22/2019 05:42 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
The City of Tulsa and Tulsa County’s primary concern is the potential of flooding along the Arkansas River at the southern parts of Tulsa and Bixby and Jenks in Tulsa County.

The Army Corps of Engineers has confirmed the release of Keystone Dam to 160,000 cubic feet beginning at 6 p.m. this evening. Potential minor flooding with the potential of power disconnections could be expected along the Arkansas River and the following areas may be impacted eight to 10 hours following the peak output. Individuals and businesses in the following areas should make necessary precautions in the case of potential flooding:

• Tulsa – 121st to 131st from Arkansas River to Sheridan Rd.
• Bixby – 151st to 161st from Memorial Dr. to the Arkansas River
• Bixby – 161st to 171st between Mingo Rd. and Garnett
• Jenks – South of 91st and West of Elm Street

The Tulsa Area Emergency Management Agency (TAEMA) Emergency Operations Center is at full activation for the potential of minor flooding and damage assessment from the storm in North Tulsa this morning.

PSO continues to restore electricity in the area impacted by the storm this morning. For residents impacted by the storm, the Tulsa Red Cross has opened an evacuation center at Crosstown Church of Christ, 3400 E. Admiral.

To view the Keystone Dam Inundation Map, visit: www.cityoftulsa.org

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Extreme Weather Patterns [Re: ConSigCor] #170510
05/22/2019 08:06 PM
05/22/2019 08:06 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Here we go again - thunderstorms and tornadoes are firing again. I may be under a tornado warning here shortly, I'm watching it.

Torrential rains are with this, too. The ground is already saturated, so every drop will drain into the creeks and river. This is not a great situation.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Extreme Weather Patterns [Re: ConSigCor] #170511
05/23/2019 02:07 AM
05/23/2019 02:07 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Your area was on the local news again tonight. Flooding looked pretty extensive. Your mayor is sort of a goofy looking 'feller'.

Re: Extreme Weather Patterns [Re: ConSigCor] #170512
05/23/2019 11:56 AM
05/23/2019 11:56 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
His looks isn't the only goofy thing about him.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Extreme Weather Patterns [Re: ConSigCor] #170514
05/23/2019 12:58 PM
05/23/2019 12:58 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Keystone lake is way orer limit, and still increasing. They're saying the dam may have to release another 300,000cubic feet per second of water into the river. I don't think we've seen the worst of the flooding yet.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Extreme Weather Patterns [Re: ConSigCor] #170516
05/23/2019 04:06 PM
05/23/2019 04:06 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
They're opening up the Keystone Dam now. Flood sirens are sounding. My daughter is safe, she decided it was a good time to visit her inlaws. Her house is not in a lot of danger, but she was in danger of getting stranded on an island.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Extreme Weather Patterns [Re: ConSigCor] #170522
05/26/2019 01:01 PM
05/26/2019 01:01 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Last night got really interesting, really fast. A tornado passed about a mile south of me, and trees are down or damaged everywhere. Two dead in Oklahoma City, I haven't heard about any deaths or injuries here in Tulsa. If it weren't for modern early warning systems, I'm sure the body count would be much higher.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Extreme Weather Patterns [Re: ConSigCor] #170541
05/29/2019 08:19 AM
05/29/2019 08:19 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

This Is Not “Normal”: There Have Been More Than 500 Tornadoes In The U.S. During The Last 30 Days

Since 1998, there has been an average of 279 tornadoes during the month of May. So the fact that we have had more than 500 over the last 30 days means that we are running way, way above normal…

By Michael Snyder | End Of The American Dream Wednesday, May 29, 2019

The mainstream media has been using the term “uncharted territory” to describe the unusual tornado outbreaks that have been happening in the middle of the country, but I don’t think that truly captures the historic nature of what we are witnessing.

Over the last 30 days, there have been more than 500 tornadoes in the United States. That is not normal. In fact, Tuesday was the 12th day in a row when at least eight tornadoes were spawned, and that is a new all-time record. Community after community in the Midwest now looks like a “war zone”, and billions upon billions of dollars of damage has already been done. But this crisis is far from over, because forecasters are telling us that more powerful storms will roar through the middle of the country on Wednesday.

Since 1998, there has been an average of 279 tornadoes during the month of May. So the fact that we have had more than 500 over the last 30 days means that we are running way, way above normal…

In the last week alone, the authorities have linked tornadoes to at least seven deaths and scores of injuries. Federal government weather forecasters logged preliminary reports of more than 500 tornadoes in a 30-day period— a rare figure, if the reports are ultimately verified — after the start of the year proved mercifully quiet.

The barrage continued Tuesday night, as towns and cities across the Midwest took shelter from powerful storms. Tornadoes carved a line of devastation from eastern Kansas through Missouri, ripping trees and power lines in Lawrence, Kan., southwest of Kansas City, and pulverizing houses in nearby Linwood.

According to the National Weather Service, there were more than 50 tornadoesover Memorial Day weekend alone, and at this point there have been at least 8 tornadoes in the U.S. for 12 consecutive days…

Tuesday was the 12th consecutive day with at least eight tornado reports, breaking the record, according to Dr. Marsh. The storms have drawn their fuel from two sources: a high-pressure area that pulled the Gulf of Mexico’s warm, moist air into the central United States, where it combined with the effects of a trough trapped over the Rockies, which included strong winds.

Owen Shroyer details the tornadoes that have been tearing across the United States Midwest, leaving thousands without their homes and millions without power.

The devastation that has been left behind by these storms has been immense. When Dayton assistant fire chief Nicholas Hosford appeared on ABC’s “Good Morning America”, he told viewers that in his city there are “homes flattened, entire apartment complexes destroyed, businesses throughout our community where walls have collapsed”.

Countless numbers of Americans have had their lives completely turned upside down, and of course the Midwest has already been reeling from unprecedented flooding in recent months.

So far this year, much of the focus has been on the historic flooding along the Mississippi and Missouri rivers, but now severe flooding along the Arkansas River is threatening to break all-time records…

Heavy rainfall over the past few weeks is threatening all-time May records and swelling rivers to record levels in parts of Arkansas and Oklahoma.

The National Weather Service in Little Rock, Arkansas, didn’t mince words Sunday, expecting historic, record flooding along the Arkansas River from Toad Suck Reservoir northwest of Little Rock to the Oklahoma border that could have impacts lasting well into the summer.

In fact, USA Today is plainly stating that both states are “bracing for their worst-ever flooding”…

Oklahoma and Arkansas were bracing for their worst-ever flooding as a new wave of storms forecast to roll through the region threatened to further bloat the Arkansas River that already has reached record crests in some areas.

Forecasters reported tornadoes, high winds, hail and heavy rain across the region on Monday, triggering evacuations and high-water rescues. The storms are the latest to rip through the Midwest over the past two weeks, leaving at least nine dead and a trail of damage from high winds and flooding.

Of course let us not forget what is happening along the Mississippi River either. The flooding has been called “the worst in over 90 years”, and in some parts of the river new records are already being set…

For example, In Vicksburg, Mississippi, the river went above flood stage on Feb. 17, and has remained in flood ever since. The weather service said this is the longest continuous stretch above flood stage since 1927.

In Baton Rouge, Louisiana, the Mississippi first rose above flood stage in early January, and has been above that level ever since, the National Weather Service said. If this record-long stretch extends well into June, it would break the record from 1927, according to the Weather Channel.

And farther north, the Mississippi River at the Quad Cities of Iowa and Illinois saw its longest stretch above major flood stage ever recorded, even surpassing that of 1927.

None of this is “normal”, and prior to the month of May we had already witnessed the wettest 12 months in all of U.S. history.

All of this wet weather has been absolutely disastrous for Midwest farmers, and so far in 2019 agricultural production is way, way below expectations. In the months ahead, we should all be prepared for much higher prices at the grocery store.

Unfortunately, more wet weather is on the way. According to the Weather Channel, another series of very powerful storms will rip through the middle of the country on Wednesday…

Strong to severe thunderstorms are expected through Tuesday night from Iowa to Oklahoma, which may produce areas of locally heavy rain and flash flooding. Some clusters of storms may persist into Wednesday morning in the Ozarks.

Then, another rash of thunderstorms with heavy rain is expected Wednesday and Wednesday night from North Texas into Oklahoma, Arkansas and southern Missouri that could only trigger more flash flooding and aggravate ongoing river flooding.

Weather patterns are going absolutely crazy, and we have never seen a year quite like this in modern American history.

So what is going to happen if weather patterns get even crazier and natural disasters just continue to become even more frequent and even more powerful?

You may want to start thinking about that, because that is exactly what many people believe is going to happen.

Re: Extreme Weather Patterns [Re: ConSigCor] #170542
05/29/2019 12:35 PM
05/29/2019 12:35 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Thunderstorms and heavy rain here in Tulsa, just as I write this.

My humidor is still over half full, which is good. But the Creek Nation Cigar Shop's parking lot is under 18 inches of water, and if it doesn't recede in the next two or three weeks,I may have to find another cigar store to refill my humidor, at 50% more money. That is, if I can get out of here at all. I may be on an island by then.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Extreme Weather Patterns [Re: ConSigCor] #170545
05/29/2019 04:45 PM
05/29/2019 04:45 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Might be a good time to invest in a boat or build an ark.

Re: Extreme Weather Patterns [Re: ConSigCor] #170546
05/29/2019 05:06 PM
05/29/2019 05:06 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
I was just thinking about that. I'm feeling more and more like one of those unicorns who didn't get on the Ark when they had the chance. smile

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Extreme Weather Patterns [Re: ConSigCor] #170598
06/12/2019 09:46 AM
06/12/2019 09:46 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

Unprecedented U.S. Weather Chaos Continues: 120F In The West, More Record-Setting Flooding In The East

We have become accustomed to living in a world where the weather is cooperative, but now that is changing in a major way

By Michael Snyder | Economic Collapse Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Global weather patterns are dramatically shifting, and week after week we keep seeing things happen that we have never seen before.

As far as our weather is concerned, this is definitely the strangest year in modern American history, and many believe that what we have witnessed so far is just the beginning. Up until just recently, the endless rain, catastrophic flooding and horrific tornado outbreaks in the middle of the country have been dominating weather headlines. But now the west coast is getting into the act. This week, new record high temperatures have been established in city after city, and this includes San Francisco…

San Francisco International Airport reached its highest temperature ever recorded in the month of June: 100 degrees. In fact, this was the highest temperature ever measured at the airport in June, July or August. Usually, 100-degree readings occur in September in the Bay Area.

The previous daily record for June 10th of just 94 degrees was set back in 1994.

So that means that the old record was broken by 6 full degrees.

Like I said, we are seeing things happen that we have never seen before.

And San Francisco was far from alone. Over the past few days new all-time records have been set all along the California coastline…

Many locations in California surpassed old record highs set 25 years ago in 1994, or even earlier. Record highs were set both Sunday and Monday in San Bernardino and Ontario, California, to name a few.

San Bernardino, California, sizzled at 102 and 104 F on Sunday and Monday, respectively, while the mercury registered 105 and 107 in Ontario, California, on Sunday and Monday, respectively.

Please don’t try to tell me that this is normal. In fact, right now we are in a “solar minimum” when solar activity is greatly subdued, and scientists are telling us that it could last for an extended period of time. As a result, temperatures should be cooler than normal, but obviously they are not.

Clearly something unusual is happening.

On Wednesday, it is being projected that the high temperature in Palm Springs could reach 114 degrees…

In Palm Springs, California, where highs could hit 114 degrees Tuesday and Wednesday, officials warned the high temperatures could cause heat exhaustion, heat cramps or heat stroke.

In Las Vegas, shelters and temporary cooling stations were open during daytime hours because of that city’s excessive heat warning. Highs there could hit 105 each of the next three days.

And we are being told that the temperature in Death Valley could actually reach “120 degrees”…

An excessive-heat warning was even in effect in typically hellish Death Valley, California, where a high of 120 degrees was forecast for Wednesday.

Meanwhile, more “torrential downpours” just continue to hammer the Southeast and the Midwest.

Yes, every year there are major storms, but under normal conditions those storms pass and things dry out.

That hasn’t happened this year. There has just been one major storm after another, and this has resulted in cataclysmic flooding over a vast portion of the country. And just when you thought that it couldn’t get any worse, more massive storms came rolling in over the past few days. In fact, it is being reported that some states received “more than a month’s worth of rain” in a single day…

Torrential downpours have flooded huge swaths of the Midwest and the Southeast since last week. Rain over the weekend triggered flash floods in several states, including Tennessee, Kentucky, Texas, Oklahoma, North Carolina, and Florida. In some states, more than a month’s worth of rain fell in a day.

Beyond flash floods, rivers rising more slowly in places like Iowa have threatened drinking water. In Illinois, flooding this past week has closed roads and bridges. Atlanta broke a single-day rainfall record on Saturday with 4 inches of rain. Nebraska issued a second disaster declaration last week in response to the floods.

Record after record is falling, but nowhere got hit as hard last week as North Carolina. According to ABC News, one area of western North Carolina has actually received 13.57 inches of rain since last week.

I keep warning that all of this catastrophic weather will greatly reduce agricultural production this year, and the mainstream media is finally starting to realize that this is actually happening.

In all of U.S. history, we have never seen anything like this. According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the last 12 months have been “the wettest 12-month span on record”…

NOAA reported last week that this past May was the second-wettest May on record. It also capped the wettest 12-month span on record.

Does anyone out there want to try to argue that this is normal?

Of course not.

And guess what?

According to the National Weather Service, more rain is on the way…

And more rain is coming. The National Weather Service is projecting continued rain and flooding along the Mississippi River this week, stretching through Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Mississippi.

For many people, all of this rain is simply an inconvenience. But I feel really bad for the thousands upon thousands of farmers that are being completely ruined financially by the endless rain.

And what happens if global weather patterns continue to become even more extreme?

With all of our advanced technology, we like to think that we are not vulnerable to the vagaries of the weather like the “primitive civilizations” that came before us, but that is not true at all.

There are more than 327 million people in the United States, and the entire population of the planet has now passed the 7.5 billion mark.

In order to feed all of those people we need to grow an absolutely massive amount of food. We have become accustomed to living in a world where the weather is cooperative, but now that is changing in a major way, and nobody is quite sure what is going to happen next…

Re: Extreme Weather Patterns [Re: ConSigCor] #170602
06/12/2019 12:46 PM
06/12/2019 12:46 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
The Arkansas River is still above flood stage here in Tulsa, though it's about twelve feet lower than what it was. But my favorite cigar store is open again, and that's the important thing.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Extreme Weather Patterns [Re: ConSigCor] #170711
06/25/2019 09:57 AM
06/25/2019 09:57 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

Sign Of The Times? Weather Patterns All Over The Planet Are Going Absolutely Nuts
Will global weather patterns ever return to normal, or is this “the new normal”?

By Michael Snyder | End Of The American Dream Tuesday, June 25, 2019

We have never seen global weather patterns go as crazy as they have so far in 2019.

Record high temperatures are being shattered all over the planet, but meanwhile some parts of the U.S. were just buried by massive amounts of snow. The sixth largest city in India is literally running out of water due to extremely dry conditions, but in middle America it just won’t stop raining. In fact, the Midwest is getting hammered by more severe storms as I write this article. Meanwhile, Australia is being forced to import enormous amounts of wheat due to the extraordinary drought that nation is currently experiencing. Everywhere you look around the globe we see bizarre weather extremes. Worldwide weather patterns are shifting dramatically, and many believe that what we have witnessed so far is just the beginning.

Do you have an explanation for what is going on? Because the truth is that most of the experts don’t.

Just look at what is happening in Colorado. Some parts of the state got up to 20 inches of snow on Saturday, and as a result Colorado’s snowpack is currently more than 4,000 percent above normal…

Due to the new snow Friday into the weekend, the Natural Resources Conservation Service reported that the state’s snowpack ballooned to 4,121 percent above normal as of Monday. This number is so high because ordinarily very little snow is left by late June, and cold temperatures late into the spring helped preserve what fell earlier.

After the weekend blanket of white, the scenes in the high country west of Denver resembled midwinter. Enough snow fell to close roads, while many ski areas reported accumulation, including Breckenridge, Vail, Beaver Creek, Arapahoe Basin and Steamboat Springs.

On the other side of the world, the problem is that there isn’t any meaningful precipitation at all.

More than 4.6 million people live in the city of Chennai, India. Thanks to a drought that never seems to end, the main reservoirs that normally supply that city with water are rapidly going dry…

The floor of the Chembarambakkam reservoir is cracked open, dry and sun-baked. About 25 kilometers (15.5 miles) away, in Chennai, India’s sixth largest city, millions of people are running out of water.

Chembarambakkam and the three other reservoirs that have traditionally supplied Chennai are nearly all dry, leaving the city suffering from an acute water shortage, said Jayaram Venkatesan, an activist in the city.

So what do you do when you have millions of people that need water but you don’t have any to give them?

Well, the temporary solution that has been implemented for now is to truck water in. That means that “hundreds of thousands of residents” are forced to stand in line for hours in the hot sun as they wait for the water trucks to arrive. The following comes from CNN…

With the reservoirs dry, water is being brought directly into Chennai neighborhoods in trucks. Every day, hundreds of thousands of residents have no choice but to stand in line for hours in soaring summer temperatures, filling dozens of cans and plastic containers.

Over in Europe, it looks like this could be the hottest week ever for the month of June.

In the next few days, high temperatures are expected to exceed 40 degrees Celsius (104 degrees Fahrenheit) in Spain, and that prompted one meteorologist to warn that “hell is coming”…

Meteorologists said temperatures would reach or even exceed 40C from Spain to Switzerland as hot air was sucked up from the Sahara by the combination of a storm stalling over the Atlantic and high pressure over central Europe.

High humidity meant it would feel like 47C, experts warned. “El infierno [hell] is coming,” tweeted the TV meteorologist Silvia Laplana in Spain, where the AEMET weather service forecast temperatures of 42C by Thursday in the Ebro, Tagus, Guadiana and Guadalquivir valleys and warned of an “extreme risk” of forest fires.

In 2003, a terrible heatwave killed tens of thousands of people all across Europe, and many expect this heatwave to be even worse.

And things will be extraordinarily hot in France as well. In fact, some parts of France are expected to hit 109 degress Fahrenheit by the end of this week…

High temperatures are expected to skyrocket above above 40 degrees Celsius (104 degrees Fahrenheit) on Wednesday for a huge portion of France, including Paris. The forecast for Carpentras, a town of 28,000 about 50 miles north of Marseilles, is even worse. There, temperatures are expected to reach 43 degrees Celsius (109 degrees Fahrenheit) on Friday and Saturday. That would easily cap the monthly high temperature record for France of 41.5 degrees Celsius (107 degrees Fahrenheit) set in June 2003, according to Reuters.

Temperatures are likely to climb above 40 degrees Fahrenheit in parts of Spain and approach that in Germany, Switzerland, and Belgium. Overnight temperatures will stay balmy, which poses particularly acute health risks to children and the elderly.

Needless to say, none of this is normal.

Here in the United States, we have been witnessing month after month of extremely unusual weather in the middle of the country. The rain has been endless and the flooding has been unprecedented, and those living in the heartland keep thinking that all of this weird weather has got to end eventually at some point.

But it hasn’t.

In fact, more severe weather is rolling through middle America as I write this article…

More than 50 million people are bracing for severe weather from the Plains to the Southeast as scattered thunderstorms prompt flash flood alerts, possible tornadoes and hail.

A large weather system is expected to bring damaging wind gusts and large hail for parts of the South and into the Appalachians, Ohio Valley and Great Lakes.

Heavy rain and flash flooding inundated parts of southwest Missouri during the weekend, prompting water rescues and evacuations.

For much more on the immense devastation that all of this wet weather is causing for U.S. farmers, please see my previous article entitled “Shocking Before And After Photos Reveal The Truth About The Widespread Crop Failures The U.S. Is Facing In 2019”.

Will global weather patterns ever return to normal, or is this “the new normal”?

Let us certainly hope for a return to normalcy, because if weather patterns continue to go absolutely haywire that is going to have enormous implications for all of us.

Re: Extreme Weather Patterns [Re: ConSigCor] #170727
06/27/2019 09:14 AM
06/27/2019 09:14 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

Crops Devastated As More Ferocious Storms Pound The Midwest – “It’s Hard To Get Your Head Around Just How Bad It Is”

For U.S. farmers, it is hard to imagine that things could get even worse than they are right now

By Michael Snyder | End of The American Dream Thursday, June 27, 2019

It has gotten to the point where maybe we should just expect violent storms to hammer the Midwest every single day of the week.

Highly destructive storms ripped through the Midwest on Tuesday, it happened again on Wednesday, and the forecast calls for more powerful storms on Thursday. This growing season has been a complete and utter nightmare for U.S. farmers, and each day it just gets even worse. Millions of acres will not be planted at all this year, but an even bigger problem is that fact that crops are dramatically failing on tens of millions of acres that were actually planted in time. Every major storm does even more damage, and that is why what we have witnessed so far this week has been so alarming.

For example, on Tuesday the middle of the country was absolutely pummeled by “more than 120 damaging storms”…

More than 120 damaging storms were reported from Montana all the way to Florida on Tuesday, a barrage that included 70 mph winds from Texas to Illinois, golf ball-sized hail Nebraska and up to half a foot of rain in parts of southern Iowa.

Then on Wednesday a series of severe storms dumped enormous amounts of rain “from Washington state to Illinois”.

And of course we aren’t done yet. According to AccuWeather, Thursday will be another very rough day for the heartland…

More severe weather is likely on Thursday over parts of the North-Central states.

The storms may take a more west-to-east track across the northern Plains to the Great Lakes region during Thursday afternoon and night.

During this period, a complex of storms is likely to travel from the eastern part of South Dakota to across Lake Michigan and much of the Lower Peninsula of Michigan. Storms are forecast to roll through Minneapolis in the morning and then Milwaukee later in the day or evening.

In recent weeks, some people that clearly don’t live in the middle of the country have left some really negative comments on my articles about the enormous toll that this disaster is taking on Midwest farmers. For whatever reason, some people want to try to minimize the nightmare that these farmers are living. But the truth is that it would be very difficult to overstate the scope of this crisis at this point.

Recently, Missouri farmer Kate Glastetter told one reporter that her fields “are washing away” and that they currently resemble “lakefront property”…

Kate Glastetter has worked on her family farm all her life. Alongside her father, the 25-year-old farmer grows row crops—wheat, bean, and corn—and runs a cow and calf operation in Scott County, Missouri. Normally, at this time in the season, farmers would be starting to plant soybeans, and corn should already be in the ground. Instead, Glastetter says, their fields are covered in water. “It’s like lakefront property,” she says. “The fields are washing away.”

It’s a common story across the Midwest and Great Plains, where the Missouri and Mississippi River basins are still recovering from a catastrophic deluge: Since March, record flooding in the central United States has caused historic crop delays. The Mississippi River received levels of rain and snow at 200 percent above normal this spring, causing corn and some soybean farmers to wait longer to plant their crops than ever recorded in Department of Agriculture data.

How would you feel if you had to watch your income for the year literally wash away right in front of your eyes?

This is happening in state after state, and it is truly a disaster unlike anything we have ever seen before. In fact, one agricultural expert told AgWeb that it is “hard to get your head around just how bad it is”…

“I never thought we’d see this widespread of a weather issue — all the way from South Dakota to Ohio,” Jerry Gulke, president of the Gulke Group, told Farm Journal’s AgWeb.

“It’s hard to get your head around just how bad it is.”

Meanwhile, U.S. farmers are also being absolutely devastated by our trade war with China. The following comes from Zero Hedge…

The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs of the People’s Republic of China published new data Monday that shows agricultural imports from the US have fallen, as Chinese buyers shift supply chains out of the US to other countries because of the deepening trade war.

In the first five months of 2019, imports of agricultural products from the US crashed 55.3% YoY. Much of decline was due to a 70.6% YoY decline of soybeans in the same period.

Chinese importers went to Brazil, Argentina, and ASEN countries (Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Vietnam, Brunei, Myanmar (Burma), Cambodia, and Laos). Data showed imports from the EU, Australia, and Canada also jumped in the first five months as Chinese buyers ditched American products.

Farmers are being financially destroyed all over the country, and yet there are some people out there that seem to think that it is appropriate to mock them and make light of their suffering.

I just don’t get it.

Look, the truth is that we are all going to be hurting as a result of this crisis. Food prices are going to go up, gas prices are going to go up as less corn is available for ethanol, and the massive income loss that U.S. farmers are suffering is going to have ripple effects throughout the entire U.S. economy. Those that are mocking others should be busy preparing for harder times instead.

And of course this all comes at a time when we are experiencing the worst economic downturn since the last recession.

For many months, I warned that a “perfect storm” was coming, and now we can see evidence of it all around us.

For U.S. farmers, it is hard to imagine that things could get even worse than they are right now, and so let us hope that better weather is right around the corner.

Re: Extreme Weather Patterns [Re: ConSigCor] #170764
07/02/2019 09:52 AM
07/02/2019 09:52 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

Look At This Map – It Shows Devastating Crop Losses Are Literally Happening All Over The Globe

June 30, 2019 by Michael Snyder

[Linked Image]

Let me warn you right up front – the information in this article might freak you out. If what some experts are telling us is true, a global food crisis appears to be inevitable. Even during good years we have a really difficult time feeding everyone on the planet, and now a major climate shift appears to be happening. Our sun has become exceedingly quiet, and many experts believe that this is a sign that a solar minimum is now upon us. Of course we have seen solar minimums happen quite regularly in the past, and if this is just a normal solar minimum then conditions should begin to return to normal after a couple of years. Unfortunately, evidence continues to mount that we have entered what is known as a “grand solar minimum”. In fact, Professor Valentina Zharkova says that what we are facing is a “super grand solar minimum”, and if that is true we are going to be facing climate chaos like we have never seen before. During previous “grand solar minimums” the globe was gripped by devastating famines and vast numbers of people died. Could a similar scenario potentially be in our future?

Ice Age Farmer has compiled a “Grand Solar Minimum Crop Loss Map” which you can view right here, and I appreciate our friends at ANP for pointing it out to us. Ice Age Farmer’s map shows that there are literally dozens of locations all over the globe right now that are reporting significant crop losses, and this is really unlike anything we have ever seen before. Some parts of our planet are dealing with horrific drought, but in the middle of the United States it just won’t stop raining. In some areas of the world it is too cold, while others are experiencing record heat. Everywhere we look we see extremes, and the behavior of our sun is the primary reason this is happening.

Last November I warned that we could be facing one of the coldest winters in modern times, and that is precisely what happened. Back then top scientists were warning us that a solar minimum had arrived, and since that time the behavior of the sun has continued to confirm that hypothesis…

The surface of the sun is normally a roiling, super-heated hellscape.

But Nasa images have revealed that the face of our star is looking ominously calm right now, prompting claims it’s reached a stage of its cycle called the solar minimum.

During the minimum, there are significantly fewer sunspots and its magnetic field weakens, allowing cosmic rays from outside our solar system to rain down on Earth.

This solar minimum came early, and that is exactly what we would expect if we were entering a “grand solar minimum”. Perhaps the best known “grand solar minimum” in our history was the Maunder Minimum which stretched from 1645 to 1715…

The last time a deep solar minimum was in effect was the Maunder minimum, which saw seven decades of freezing weather, began in 1645 and lasted through to 1715, and happened when sunspots were exceedingly rare.

During this period, temperatures dropped globally by 1.3 degrees celsius leading to shorter seasons and ultimately food shortages.

The food shortages during the Maunder Minimum were quite severe, and the global death toll was enormous.

Could we be facing a similar scenario this time around?

Actually, economist Martin Armstrong seems to believe that it could be even worse…

The Maunder Minimum created such a deep cold in Europe and extreme weather events elsewhere that what unfolds is a series of droughts, floods, and harvest failures. Historically, this leads to massive migrations, wars and revolutions. The fatal synergy between human and natural disasters eradicated perhaps one-third of the human population during the last event and this time we are crashing more rapidly than before. Therefore, we may exceed more than a reduction in population of one-third and reach the levels of the 14th century of 50%, which was also combined with the Black Plague.

Without a doubt, our planet is behaving very strangely right now, and reports of crop failures are regularly coming in from all over the planet.

Just check out these examples…

That layer of stress on the agricultural industry is only intensified when you zoom out to the international level, where farmers around the world are facing various dire situations. As one North Dakota farmer and Twitter user Jordan Gackle pointed out in a recent thread: Drought is continuing to disrupt wheat crops in Australia forcing the country to import some of its wheat from Canada. Some farmers in Canada are now reporting long stretches without rain under the hashtag #drought19. Head over to China and you’ll find that a legion of fall armyworms are spreading rapidly and devouring key grain crops.

It is becoming quite clear that food prices are going to rise substantially and that the world is going to produce a lot less food than it normally does this year.

And as I noted earlier, we have a tough time feeding everyone on the planet even during ideal conditions. Sadly, this even includes the United States…

In fact, it’s not just older Americans who are already suffering from hunger and malnourishment, with this 2017 story over at Feeding America reporting that more than 41 million Americans were suffering from hunger daily, including more than 13 million children, with this National Geographic story reporting that 1 out of every 6 Americans aren’t getting enough to eat.

So what will things look like if global food production drops 10 percent, 20 percent or even more?

We have never had to deal with anything like this in modern times, and meanwhile the population of the planet has grown from 1.6 billion in 1900 to 7.5 billion today.

We have entered the time of “the perfect storm”, and we are going to start to witness things happen that many people would consider to be unimaginable.

I truly hope that things will not be as bad as some of the experts are suggesting. But as far as crop failures are concerned, we don’t have to speculate. They are happening right now all over the planet, and that means that global food supplies are going to get tighter and tighter in the months ahead.

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.