03/25/2020 09:46 AM
03/25/2020 09:46 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content OP
ConSigCor  Online Content OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

California City Dwellers Fleeing To Deserts And Mountains

by NC Scout | Mar 25, 2020 |

It seems like there’s a lot of people waking up to the reality that there’s some serious pitfalls to urban living. From the LA Times, it looks like a lot of Californians are heading for the hills and deserts to get away from the areas most impacted by the Chinese COVID-19.

As the coronavirus pandemic tightens its grip on California’s largest cities, some residents are fleeing urban sprawl and seeking shelter in isolated communities in the Mojave Desert or rugged Sierra Nevada. Their hope, they say, is to avoid possible public unrest and limit their exposure to the virus.

Well, they’re not wrong for recognizing that something is wrong. Any port in a storm, I guess, but are these newfound preppers genuine or are they just looking to take advantage of relocation and bring all their baggage with them or do they recognize that the very idiocy they readily accept in California has, in large part, caused the resultant issues? My guess is probably not.

In Los Angeles, Mayor Eric Garcetti announced Thursday night that residents were forbidden from moving to or from vacation homes outside the city, along with a number of other health and safety restrictions aimed at fighting contagion.

Forbidden from moving to a vacation home? Is this guy serious? Is this America? No, its the People’s Republic Of Chinafornia. Who the hell put this man in charge of anything? Probably the same people who allowed the quarantined passengers off the cruise ship and called the travel ban from China ‘xenophobic’. And these same people want to move outside their playpen. On second thought, I agree with the LA mayor. Remain in place.

Aside from the obvious, having these locusts leave their containment zone presents a number of problems. Rural California has a low population for a reason- they don’t have water. And if that resource is already under strain due to the very reasons they left, these new hipster transplants are going to find themselves in a world of hurt in a hurry. Let alone the meth heads holed up in places like Victorville. Small town America immediately knows who’s not from there, and usually the locals don’t like you. Nothing personal, just the way it is. So what of it? Are these newfound hipster preppers going to embrace a sustainable lifestyle, the same one they always preach about?

“As soon as the coronavirus pandemic clears up,” she added with a smile, “I’m leaving town.”

Looks like the answer is no.

Heaven forbid this thing gets worse than it is. These people can’t even deal with minor inconvenience, let alone their own survival.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Run to the hills [Re: ConSigCor] #172659
03/25/2020 09:49 AM
03/25/2020 09:49 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content OP
ConSigCor  Online Content OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
How Soon Is Now?

by NC Scout | Mar 25, 2020 |

I’m getting a lot of questions from folks on a great deal of topics, but one of the top among them is “when do we know its time to head to the bugout location?”

That’s not an easy question to answer. Packing up and leaving the job behind to head to that retreat is the gut instinct thing to do, but the nagging question of ‘what if I’m wrong’ still lingers. And while a lot of people could be sitting on their high horse telling you things like ‘you shoulda left years ago!‘ and ‘pop smoke now!‘, reality is just not that simple.

While its very much an individual question for you to answer, its never an easy decision to make. For many, once they leave, there may be nothing to come back to. That’s a hard truth to set in, much the same way people feel when they leave their homes before a hurricane. Board it up, take off, and hope for the best.

But we see hurricanes coming. We’re given a timeline to get out and a relative location of the impacted area. Its all stuff that if you live on the east coast you know. This…pandemics, shortages in the supply chain, social disruptions, quarantines…this is a different animal. You can’t predict when to get out, and that uncertainty is leaving many scratching their heads and pacing with a serious worry. And that’s very understandable- this is the most serious and potentially volatile situation I’ve seen in my lifetime.

My suggestion, for the many who’ve asked me over the past two weeks, is that the fail-proof way to know its time to hit that BOL is when the first food riot starts. Not in your home town, but the first food riot in the US.

I remember my first deployment to Iraq and the culture shock I experienced on my first trip outside the wire. I had never been outside the relative comfort of western civilization, and seeing people sell gasoline from plastic jugs on the side of the road, open-air markets selling goats, chickens, and fish from ice-filled tires, people’s homes with little to nothing aside from a few blankets and a Koran…it was a level of poverty that I could not fathom.

A lot of people are now experiencing a similar shock when they see bare shelves in the usually bustling grocery stores. That shock is setting in en masse, with my fear being a whole generation of people unable to cope with this reality after never observing anything else. Sure, we can say that the stuff will come back, at some point, but it does little to alleviate the cracks in the foundation of trust in this so-called ‘just-in-time’ supply system. What will happen if and when the shelves don’t get re-filled?

I’ve said that the people ain’t hungry, yet. And they’re not. Most in the US cannot even fathom actual starvation. Sociologists have even studied this phenomena by labeling areas without access to fresh food, but reliant on fast food alone, as so-called food deserts. Imagine my revulsion (which I still have) at these first world problems. At least these people have food. What a more glaring product of the excesses of capitalism that the people can make an entire diet of nothing more than fast food. And what will happen when these people no longer have that option?

They’ll riot.

That first food riot is best thought of as another domino to fall. It is an exposure of the larger system’s inability to recoup its losses and like this virus, the loss of confidence will quickly spread to other cities. The larger disruption would have the potential to overwhelm whatever security establishment would be present. Hungry people are motivated people and its been said that the US is three days away from complete chaos. While I don’t know if that’s true, I’m not willing to stick around and find out.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Run to the hills [Re: ConSigCor] #172660
03/25/2020 10:08 AM
03/25/2020 10:08 AM
Tyler County, TX
T
Texas Resistance Offline
Texas Resistance  Offline
T
Tyler County, TX
If you run you are a just a homeless refugee and you have lost. Store owners should be ready to shoot looters like they were in the wild west. I say go every where armed with plenty of ammo. Band together with other patriots. Fear sinning against God and fear wrong doing but be ready to fight the sorry damned looters. When they see one looter shot the rest will run. Accept death now so you don't have catatonic brain fart when you are in danger of loosing your life.

www.TexasMilitia.Info Seek out and join a lawful Militia or form one in your area. If you wish to remain Free you will have to fight for it...because the traitors will give us no choice in the matter--William Cooper
Re: Run to the hills [Re: ConSigCor] #172662
03/25/2020 12:38 PM
03/25/2020 12:38 PM
Tyler County, TX
T
Texas Resistance Offline
Texas Resistance  Offline
T
Tyler County, TX
Even the Korean Gooks during the 1992 Los Angles Riots had the balls to shoot the sorry damn rioters so their stores wouldn't be burnt down.
N. C. Scout, you need to turn your head, cough, and make sure you still have some balls (LOL).

[Linked Image]

..."from April 29 to May 4,1992, much of Los Angeles was ablaze. In the aftermath of the Rodney King verdict, South Central L.A. was consumed by riots and looting. Homes and business were burglarized and destroyed by arson. Law-abiding people and business owners were mugged, beaten and robbed.
The LAPD pulled out and basically told folks in the worst-hit areas that they were on their own. But a small section of Los Angeles known as Koreatown, located just north of South Central, didn’t burn. Why? Because the Korean business owners banded together, exercised their Second Amendment rights and protected their property, their businesses, and their livelihoods..."
source: https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/koreatown-twenty-six-years-ago-the-guns-of-the-l-a-riots

[Linked Image]

www.TexasMilitia.Info Seek out and join a lawful Militia or form one in your area. If you wish to remain Free you will have to fight for it...because the traitors will give us no choice in the matter--William Cooper

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.