Oregon Gov. Kate Brown Threatens Jail Time & Fines For Anybody Who Violates COVID-19 Thanksgiving Restrictions

By Jamie White | INFOWARS.COM Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Oregon’s Democrat Governor Kate Brown imposed severely restrictive COVID-19 measures on Wednesday, including jail time and steep fines for anybody who hosts large Thanksgiving gatherings.

Brown announced the state’s “two week freeze” on virtually all businesses and recreational activities, essentially shuttering the state’s economy in response to rising COVID-19 cases (but extremely low death rate).

“If COVID-19 overwhelms our hospitals, there won’t be enough doctors, nurses, health care workers, or beds if you or a loved one need care. We can’t let that happen. That’s why COVID-19 Freeze measures take effect today,” Brown declared on Twitter, including a list of all the types of businesses and services that would be affected.

According to Brown’s emergency order, violators could face 30 days in jail, a $1,250 fine, or both.

“The Oregon State Police will be working with local law enforcement to enforce the Governor’s orders, in the same way local law enforcement officers respond to noise complaints for loud parties, for example, and issue citations,” Brown spokesman Charles Boyle said in an email Saturday.

Incoming chairwoman of the Clackamas Board of County Commissioners Tootie Smith (R) stated on Facebook that she would defy Brown’s unconstitutional orders.
Now that you're intellectually ahead, stay physically ahead by visiting our store.

“My family will celebrate Thanksgiving with as many family and friends as I can find,” Smith posted last week in the wake of Brown’s initial announcement.

“I don’t know if there’s going to be a knock at the door,” Smith told The Oregonian. “But I’m going to, in my very private home with my family, continue to celebrate this holiday and Christmas as well.”

Brown isn’t the only Democrat tyrant to impose such authoritarian measures as Thanksgiving approaches.

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (Mich.) also announced in a press release extremely restrictive measures that would take effect Wednesday, such as only two households allowed to gather indoors at a time, while up to 25 people will be allowed to gather outdoors, suspension of eat-in dining at restaurants and bars, statewide closures of high schools and colleges.

“I know people are tired of living like this, but we have to double down,” Whitmer said Sunday. “We potentially could be looking at the deadliest, most grim days of this virus ahead of us.”

“As hard as it is not seeing [family members] this Thanksgiving, imagine how much harder it would be if you weren’t able to see them for a future holiday ever again,” she added.

Last week, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot issued similar draconian decrees to take effect Monday against Thanksgiving gatherings in the name of curbing the China Virus, for which she received backlash after bull horning for Joe Biden in front of a crowd of supporters days before.

This isn’t about public health. This about asserting control over the people, isolating them and crushing their spirit just in time for the holidays.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861