Print Thread
Al-Qaida has the bomb? #98330
07/12/2005 03:51 AM
07/12/2005 03:51 AM
Liberty,& Independence Mo. 47/...
7.62 PK Offline OP
7.62 PK  Offline OP
Liberty,& Independence Mo. 47/...
What to do if Al-Qaida explodies several nuclear weapons?

eek When in fear, when in doubt, run in circles scream and shout!

If you haven't a plan, or haven't worked out a what if, you might be doing the above. Not good, and not acceptable.

So sit down with your group and hash out a few things. A place to go, and what/or who to bring along.
If your wondering about food $80 dollars will get you two-50 lbs bags or rice, two -50 lbs of beans, ten-2 lbs containers or oatmeal, and one 25 lbs bag of sugar at a Sams club.
Not a member of a Sams, don't know a member or one is not around then buy 20 five lbs bags at the local store.
Take them home and place in a freezer for three days(kills the little buggies that might be there. Thanks Black Flag.) Take out and place in a sealable plastic bucket or storage container. (You don't have to freeze the sugar)
If you can only freeze a little at a time thats OK just reseal the container each time you add a bag.

Now you have 6 months of the basics for a family of four. If this is all that you can do it will get a little monotonous, but it's a lot better then boiling and old bair of leather shoes. (Remove laces first of course).

Communications are a must.
Radios I like and suggest Motorola brands as they hold up well BestBuy.com sell two 5-mile range for $40 an two 10-mile for $70. Check local stores they might have a deal running?Purchase a solar recharger and at least 10 recharagable batteries for each radio another $50 to $60.
Storage against EMP, An old Microwave oven is a Faraday cage and you can store several radios in it, and it works. Take off the plug and ground the wires to a water pipe (a copper one,of course)

Establish an RV for the group. Drive to it with everyone and then pick two or three routs to your hide. Then everyone drive them. If you can preposition at a friends in the country even better.

If you have family that won't stop calling you a nut case have them read the WorldnetDaily.com Then if they still won't lift a finger to prepare and you haven't the means to buy the extra food you will have to harden your heart and just drive away. That is going to be difficult but, your wife and children and your group has to come first. Remember Noah wouldn't open the door, so don't be tempted

If your someone who is not in a group find one, or talk to like minded friends and get moving, there is still time????? Maybe, maybe not??

And do a lot of praying as you prepare, it can't hurt.

If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
--Thomas Paine (1737-1809)
‘Those who fail to learn from history,
are destined to repeat it.’
"Liberals believe in communism but communists don't believe in liberals." H.L.Mencken
Re: Al-Qaida has the bomb? #98331
07/20/2005 03:19 PM
07/20/2005 03:19 PM
Edmonton Alberta CANADA
F
Free-Man Offline
Free-Man  Offline
F
Edmonton Alberta CANADA
Great words of wisdom.
Even if the sand bunnies don't attack my area, there are definently other dreadful things that are probable.
I have canned goods, pastas, juices, water, meds, ammo, firearms, and other gear ready for the road. I do need to get a clearer idea of multiple routes out of this city of almost one million. Heck I've been noticing the traffic jams at rush hour and could imagine the main roads plugged up if and when TSHTF.
Gotta start practicing evacuation procedures.

Free-Man out...

Oportunity Loves Preparedness!
Re: Al-Qaida has the bomb? #98332
07/21/2005 04:57 AM
07/21/2005 04:57 AM
Virginia
V
Vic Offline
Vic  Offline
V
Virginia
Might I also suggest that you plan to be able to provide plenty of WATER.
Food is necessary but water is essential.
You can only carry so much with you so you will need to go someplace where there is potable water available or have a water filter.
Someplace out of the city with a well is a good destination but make sure there is a way to get the water out of the ground without power.

Another thing to consider is EMP.
If you can see the mushroom you will probably be walking unless you have an old car will a coil ignition.

Make sure that where you are going is upwind of the prevailing wind patterns if you don't want to be in the fallout pattern.

If anyone is interested I think I can still find the link on how to make a PVC well pump or a well bucket to get water out of 4" well.

I still remember my brother's response when I asked him what he and his wife would do if we were attack by nuclear weapons. He said he planned to get out the lawn chairs and open a bottle of wine then sit back and let things happen. So much for survival instincts.

Do you have your lawn chairs ready?

Be Prepared
Vic +

Blessed be the Lord my Rock,
Who trains my hands for war,
And my fingers for battle-
(Psalm 144:1)
Lord, give extra attention to my trigger finger. Amen

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.