08/22/2006 10:16 AM
U.S.A.
M
Mike11Bravo The Lurker Offline OP
Mike11Bravo The Lurker  Offline OP
M
U.S.A.
This is probably old hat but here goes.
All species of birds in the U.S. are edible(blue jays are rather tasty!).
5 drops of clorox in one qt. of H2O will work as good as aqua tabs( and cheaper too unless yer wife catches ya getting it )
Peel pine bark off of tree get all the way down to the white membrane on the back of the brown bark shred it and boil it(just the white membrane) , it isn't that bad tatsting, you will need to boil it for at least 20 mins or more.
Boil shelled acorn until the water stops turning brown, mash into a paste while you are doing all of this place flat rock next to fire to heat it, make thin acorn patties then place on the flat hot rock and bake to desired crunchiness( it tast like blak! real bland but you won't starve) be sure to boil until no more brown water or you will have a bitter tasting biskit(tannic acid).
make hard tack by mixing water and flour into a thick dough roll it out to 1/4 in thickness cut biskits and bake until light brown, will last a long time but, bland tasting. American and Inkberry holly leaves contain caffiene for making a hot drink like coffee, I don't know what it taste like.
Use zip lock bags for vegetation stills for water.
If you dig a hole about 12ft(if I am remembering correctly) from a stream bank and it will fill after awhile use this water for distilling drinking water instead of distilling straight out of stream, you won't have to filter it as much.
Three T-shirts layed on top of each other will make an excellent waterfilter.
Cheyene Pepper is a blood cloting agent and has some medicinal qualities(it's what I carry as "poor boys quik-clot). And any pepper will act as a pain reliever, the capsaisine(sp) kicks in natrual pain killers. I have used halepinos as a pain reliever for back pain, it worked. I ate 3 large ones 3 times per day. Hope yer stomach is strong.
Never caterized(misspelled) wounds, it will impare the healing process. ect. ect.ect.
hope you find something helpful in this.

What is going to happen will and there is nothing that can be done about it excepted be prepared for it. Be a person of action.

Mike11Bravo The Lurker
Re: Basic stuff #98560
08/22/2006 04:04 PM
08/22/2006 04:04 PM
2nd Cav 75th Bn 20th FF
H
Hawker Offline
Officer Contributor
Hawker  Offline
Officer Contributor

H
2nd Cav 75th Bn 20th FF
Some good stuff there Mike.... keep it coming....

If you aren't prepared, you can't survive.
If you can't survive, you can't fight.
Re: Basic stuff #98561
08/23/2006 04:52 AM
08/23/2006 04:52 AM
U.S.A.
M
Mike11Bravo The Lurker Offline OP
Mike11Bravo The Lurker  Offline OP
M
U.S.A.
Beat the heat. learn from the animals, dogs dig holes to lay in because it's cooler the closer you get to the ground( if I remember correctly once you dig down around a foot deep the soil is close to 57-60 degrees F).This next one is said to be a health hazzard(snicker). Cigarette smoking cools the temp of your blood(I have always wonder about dipping tobaccoo) and it does impair your night vision. I quit 2 years ago and I believe this to be true. I actually see better at night and I'm warmer natured now.My hands, feet and ears don't get as cold either(I didn't wear gloves or a watch cap at all last winter).
It takes 8ft of foliage or 8in. of packed dirt(Think it's 8)to hide your IFR signature and if it will hide that, it will also keep you warm.
Don't wash your BDUs in detergent that has phosphrous(Tide is one) in it you will light up like a Christmas tree when viewed through NVDs or a blue light. Take a 1lb coffee can a board or rock stuff a chicken in the can and bury it sitting on the board in pine straw, light the pine straw by time it burns off the chicken is ready to eat. I don't remember how much pine straw you need to pile up. I tyred this and it works! It's from the U.S. Army survival manual.
Take a 33gal (black works best)trash bag, find a small tree or large bush. Bunch up several limbs, place a large rock in the bag, then tie it around(the bag) the limbs and it will make water to drink. Sunlight helps, I think they called this a condensation still.

What is going to happen will and there is nothing that can be done about it excepted be prepared for it. Be a person of action.

Mike11Bravo The Lurker
Re: Basic stuff #98562
09/09/2006 08:20 AM
09/09/2006 08:20 AM
Potter Co, PA
R
ridgerunner58 Offline
ridgerunner58  Offline
R
Potter Co, PA
Real good points Mike. The thing about the black 33 gal. bag & small trees...Can you elaborate a little more. Are the limbs wrapped with the bag but are not inside the bag"
Does water collect inside the bag or drip into a container?

Thank you

Re: Basic stuff #98563
10/04/2006 11:08 AM
10/04/2006 11:08 AM
NY State
T
The Ridge Runner Offline
The Ridge Runner  Offline
T
NY State
WOW, good stuff here...I have to look some of this up, if it all works, Ill add pics to my web site detailing these things!

The Ridge Runner
http://mvcr.yolasite.com
Blow, wind! come, wrack!
At least we'll die with harness on our back.
Macbeth. Act v. Sc. 5.

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.