Anybody in good enough shape to fight is in good enough shape to work. If you are in good enough shape to work, then you are probably at least worth the labor it takes to feed you in whatever economy rises out of the disaster. Even if it is just the economy of who has to wait for the food aid delivery truck to arrive and get help unloading it.

Are you making house or rent payments? No, Car insurance? No, Health insurance? No. Paying the utility bills? Maybe. Cutting firewood and trading it for basic barter supplies? Maybe. Who the hell would accept someone cutting a cord of wood for them and then expect them to go starve?

Then there is likely to be pubic or big scale corporate stuff to loot or scavenge. Yeah, continuity of government and all, but who OWNS that shit? I'll tell you who, the people who it got STOLEN from. That's who. The government has stolen so much from me that I am unlikely to ever break even unless I start hijacking ships and that's not likely to happen. My personal take on it, is if things get that bad, I am out to settle things with those who ripped me off first, even if it is going to prove more difficult than taking from easier innocent targets.

If you are talking about someone having an economy that is on boycott/embargo mode against people willing to work and earn their way, then that's a different animal. You pile that on with a boycott/embargo economy against those who they ripped off and who really paid for all the preps the "winners" have...Something that I am not up for discussing openly. I play fair, moral, and usually legal. I won't do it to the point of family suicide.

Forgiveness and walking away from losses is said to have the best dividend in the long run, but if long run survival is not an option because those shitheads did what they did, lets just say that I have my own criteria for scoping out who would be "contributing" to my survival, willing or not. That's probably not going to be a neighbor who I get along with, even if they may fit the target demographic, and my first, second, third and fourth options are all about getting along and doing fair trade with people.

From the outset of the event, even before, I am constantly on the recruitment mode for allies. If shit goes down, first thing is we start obtaining and sharing supplies and resources together. Whoever proves best at that rises up in importance, and I don't really have a problem with someone else being boss as long as it is being done better than I could run things. The boss is not the one who "has" the gold, but the one who is handing it out. Hence I get critical of those who base their situation on loot sharing, but there goes to a bunch of gray areas too. The reality is, those who are bringing stuff around to share, they get to either be the boss or represent the boss. You share/pay/provide for us, you get to be called boss. If I am the one who came up with the stuff and am handing it out, and I am not the boss, then guess what, I am down the road looking for a better deal for myself and whoever goes with me. That's just the way the stuff works in the world, shit on the fan or not.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.