We (wife and I , empty nester's ) have been trying to encourage our grown kids and extended family for years now to start slowly building up the food security , but to no avail. Now though we have been told by some of those very same loved ones that they will be coming to our high-mountain property if any of the riots ever take place in our nearest city because we have plenty of food stored up and guns.... To which I then reply the same way as all the others who laughed at us , "Oh really , so how much of YOUR guns and grub will you be bringing up beforehand ?"

The blank looks are always priceless !

I broke it to them that as much as we love them that they needed to just stay were they were and do the best that they can because even though we are the poorest of the extended family , we only planned long term supplies for ourselves , as everyone of them has far more disposable income to do much the same for themselves.

I spend anywhere from $100-200 dollars a month on long-term food from Amazon (I know I know ) and I am very careful about what we get for our money , and I watch for sales and price drops with the HONEY APP . And we have down pretty well for ourselves so far . Not bragging , just stating a fact is all.

We are not alone in our little neck of the Rockies , as other older neighbors of like-mind are dealing with similar situations with their own grown kids and family as well , and a few of them are really scared .

You see , not only in our case but our like-minded friends and neighbors, ALL of the people mentioned above have gone over to the DARK SIDE and embraced WOKEISM along with the BIG LIE that Biden and company actually won fair and square. THEY are afraid that if THEY don't then THEY will be cancelled , called a racist , get kicked off of social media , yadda yadda yadda ...

So yeah , call this little rant ... FOOD FOR THOUGHT .. heheheheheheeee

So who is coming to dinner at your place when the lights go out , and what do you think they will be bringing with them ???

Last edited by Ducttape; 07/23/2021 01:38 AM. Reason: spelling errors

My Daddy is like duct tape, he can fix almost anything.

A quote from my youngest daughter at 4yrs old, many years ago.