Oversight GOP Rep Threatens to Cut FBI Funding Over Bureau’s Refusal to Cooperate With Biden Family Probe

Original article here.

Rep. Tim Burchett (R-Tenn.), a member of the House Oversight and Accountability Committee, said Monday that House Republicans might have to “use the power of the purse” to compel the FBI to cooperate with their investigations.

“The Congress is this country’s checkbook and we can start cutting funds to the FBI,” Burchett told Maria Bartiromo on Fox Business’ “Mornings With Maria.”

The FBI has refused to release a document that allegedly describes “very serious and detailed allegations” involving Joe Biden.

On May 3, Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer (R-Ky.) issued a Congressional subpoena demanding that the FBI produce an unclassified record detailing an alleged criminal bribery scheme involving the then-Vice President and a foreign national.

Comer issued the subpoena after a whistleblower made legally protected disclosures to Senator Chuck Grassley’s (R-Iowa) office. According to the whistleblower, the document is an FBI-generated FD-1023 form and it details an arrangement involving an exchange of money for policy decisions.

Burchett said he was in favor of cutting the FBI’s funding as a way to force the Bureau to comply with their subpoena.

“We’ll have to start cutting their checkbook a little bit just to get them to the table if that’s what it takes,” he said.

The congressman also confirmed what Comer told Bartiromo the day before regarding a missing whistleblower.

The Oversight Chairman said on Fox News’ Sunday Morning Futures that at least one informant/whistleblower with information regarding the Biden family’s crime schemes had gone missing.

“Nine of ten people that we’ve identified, that have very good knowledge with respect to the Bidens, they’re one of three things,” Comer said. “They’re either currently in court, they’re currently in jail, or they’re currently missing, They fear for their lives. Not only are the Biden lawyers and the Biden White House intimidating them, the media is trying to intimidate or discredit them.”

As American Greatness reported earlier this month, an Israeli whistleblower went missing in Cyprus after claiming in a tweet that the Biden administration was out to “bury” him. The Biden Department of Justice had Dr. Gal Luft, the founder and executive director of the Washington-based Institute for the Analysis of Global Security (IAGS), arrested on weapon trafficking charges last February as he was preparing to reveal damning information about the Biden family’s international business exploits to Congress.

“I’ve been arrested in Cyprus on a politically motivated extradition request by the U.S.,” Luft tweeted on February 18. “The US, claiming I’m an arms dealer. It would be funny if it weren’t tragic. I’ve never been an arms dealer,” Luft continued. “DOJ is trying to bury me to protect Joe, Jim & Hunter Biden,” the 56-year-old added, threatening to “name names.”

The whistleblower posted bail in March and hasn’t been seen since.

Earlier this month, Comer accused Hunter Biden’s lawyers of “testing the limits” of witness intimidation by contacting witnesses cooperating with their probe and reminding them of their “potential liability in some of these business schemes.”

“We feel that this is close to crossing the line,” he told Fox News’ Sandra Smith on May 1. “Obviously their objective, in my opinion, is witness intimidation.”

“The FBI doesn’t give a rip,” Burchett told Bartiromo. “They just basically sent a flippant response to our inquiries into this whole mess.”

Burchett also noted that the FBI has been sitting on evidence of colossal criminality regarding the Biden family, but has focused instead on “small potatoes” like Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.)

“There are ten million reasons to look at this White House,” Burchett said, in reference to the $10 million the Biden family and their business associates have received via wire transfers from foreign companies.

Bartiromo marveled that these have been the most serious allegations ever leveled against a sitting president and the media refuses to cover it.

“The whole thing is ridiculous and for the Democrats and the national media and the FBI to apparently be in collusion together on this thing is even more telling,” Burchett agreed.

Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) is scheduled to have a one-on-one meeting with FBI Director Christopher Wray to discuss these issues on Thursday.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861