Anyone buy from this place?
http://www.mredepot.com/servlet/StoreFront
Posted By: Ghost13

Re: MRE Depot? - 02/28/2007 04:08 PM

Nope but thanks for the link.
Posted By: alfa6foxtrot

Re: MRE Depot? - 03/23/2007 04:58 PM

Recon,
Did you ever buy any MRE's from the mre depot?

I have been buying mine for (10) years from Emergency Essentials (www.beprepared.com)
They also sell Mountain House dried foods and bulk foods.
Also get some non-hybrid garden seeds.
Posted By: 7.62 PK

Re: MRE Depot? - 03/23/2007 06:09 PM

I just ordered a trial tin of butter. I'll know in a week or two if it's any good and let you know. This place looks like a good source of comfort foods, and for a few items like butter and powdered cheese.
On Timebomb2000.com they warn about a shortage of honey due to a extreme loss of bees, maybe a good idea to add some extra honey to the year worth of food storage.
Posted By: rey

Re: MRE Depot? - 04/23/2007 07:29 PM

I have had several dealings with MRE depot. They are very good to deal with.

rey
Posted By: A.Patriot2

Re: MRE Depot? - 04/24/2007 05:37 AM

CSC-
I offered this "suggestion" several months ago when I first registered as a member here. What suggestion? To place this link in the "link" section on our opening page; http://www.mountainhouse.com

The "freeze dried" food has THE LONGEST "shelf life" of ANY storage food out there on the market. Guaranteed!! #10 cans can be stored for up to 30 years and will still be "tastey" that far out. I have freeze dried in my "cache" exclusively.

MRE's are excellent when one is "on the run" (so to speak) because one does NOT have to reconstitute them. But, they're HEAVY as hell. Weight is a consideration for me at least. I hate packing extra weight if I don't have to. Not so with hiker/back-packer "freeze dried" rations.

Just a "heads up" and FYI.

Cordially,
A.P2
Posted By: 7.62 PK

Re: MRE Depot? - 04/26/2007 08:22 PM

Bought some of the butter a few weeks ago and it's good.
I plan on ordering a case tomorrow(24 cans) and sharing them with the group, to keep my cost down. At the same time I'm going to order one can of the cheese to see what it's like too.
I have been getting my MRE's for training, at the gun shows. No UPS charge and it's cheaper too.

The Mountain house canned products make a good comfort food and will help easy the stress on the family in the hard times to come. They will make a nice break every now and then from the long term stored beans, rice, TVP, canned oatmeal etc that we have on hand. Make sure you have lots of powdered drink mix on hand to mask the taste of any water you treat with bleach.

With the price of fuel now, sugar is going to take another jump soon. (Has to be boiled 4 times before it goes into crystal stage) It stores forever and will make a great trade item down the road. That and 22 ammo too.
Posted By: Tonto

Re: MRE Depot? - 04/27/2007 05:07 PM

My dad grew up on squirrel and forest greens. He said they only went to the store in town about once a month and about all they ever bought was sugar, coffee, and bullets.

Considering that they kept bees, I'd say that's a big plug for sugar. And now that the bees are dying off, sugar is going to be even more important.
© 2024 A WELL REGULATED MILITIA