Forums

Just a suggestion

Posted By: The Greywolf

Just a suggestion - 07/12/2007 05:06 PM

Hey I know we all love our ARs,AKs,FNs and plinkers but I would suggest that everyone have on a cache somewhere at least one compound bow and black powder rifle and pistol and as much powder and balls primers as you can store, just in case.....
Posted By: zeroedin

Re: Just a suggestion - 08/19/2007 04:35 PM

Or a powerfull Cross bow? And a BLOW GUN...and a dart gun...learn about TOXIC PLANTS, & "HOW TO"s of poison....etc.
Posted By: C. M. Wolf

Re: Just a suggestion - 08/23/2007 07:12 PM

Originally posted by zeroedin:
Or a powerfull Cross bow? And a BLOW GUN...and a dart gun...learn about TOXIC PLANTS, & "HOW TO"s of poison....etc.
Toxic plants? An old Apache friend that I used to hunt deer with, taught me a most lethal poison that can easily be made from one of the deer's organs. All it takes is to lightly dip the broadhead or cutting edge in and cut the prey with, even what wouldn't have been a life threatening cut at all.
I haven't seen this fail yet, within an hour, the prey is dead.

I have made my own recurve bows and my own arrows, and I am now working on a very strong compound-crossbow,(the old popular mechanics books are sooooo cool!). I still hunt with a bow. wink

Learning to use well, other types of weapons is far more than a mere "Plus". It's critical, in my humble opinion.

Michael
Posted By: sharpstick

Re: Just a suggestion - 08/23/2007 07:47 PM

I have a compound bow with nucklear tiped arrows, I once rescued a POW with it.

IMO, the money would be better spent on a lifetime supply of 22LR, but hey thats just me.
Posted By: inactive

Re: Just a suggestion - 08/23/2007 07:47 PM

Hey, what do you guys think of blackpowder revolvers? I would probably like more than one shot, and I think that'd be good to have.
Posted By: A.Patriot2

Re: Just a suggestion - 08/23/2007 08:00 PM

Blackpowder huh?

I believe that if they were good enough for the settlers to use, and the marshalls that policed em, I guess that means they're good enough 4 me. wink

I have an 1851 Confederate Navy laugh black powder pistol. I like it. It's single action, but, it has six. One after the other makes for a bad day for someone if ya know how to shoot at all! wink

Re: Just a suggestion - 08/23/2007 09:06 PM

Nice smile I want one... I really love revolvers.
Posted By: A.Patriot2

Re: Just a suggestion - 08/23/2007 09:51 PM

Yeah! You'll like it if ya get one, DanD! Check out Cabela's. That's where I got mine.

There's other places to get em I'm sure. Do your homework and get the best price of course. Good hunting. laugh

Re: Just a suggestion - 08/23/2007 10:03 PM

Thanks man, I actually did go look at Cabelas.
Posted By: wasnme

Re: Just a suggestion - 08/24/2007 02:07 AM

pick the right caliber and you can have a rifle and sixshooter that use the same balls,easier on the logistics.
Posted By: grasssnake

Re: Just a suggestion - 08/24/2007 12:44 PM

Ruger Old Army is nice in the short barrel version.
Heavy though. Made like Ruger makes stuff. Massive. I can legally carry it during black powder season along with the rifle. Offers a little protection against 2 legged skunks.
© 2024 A WELL REGULATED MILITIA