Forums

Side of the road Solar

Posted By: virginiaJim

Side of the road Solar - 11/20/2007 07:23 AM

Has anyone had any luck with finding a way to connect more than one loose solar panels together into one battery? Any good online resources for it.

I just started to scratch my head on a using solar panals you see on bridges and the side of the road in the event of big time SHTF type of deals playing out with our power sources. They are free in the middle of the night. smile
Posted By: Azuurlin

Re: Side of the road Solar - 11/20/2007 10:10 AM

it's called electrical wire.

Re: Side of the road Solar - 11/20/2007 08:30 PM

? thats all it takes to feed a set of batteries? Can you wire them up in serial? You dont need any type of regulator or anything?

I dont know anything about the panels so no matter what their size they should all feed the same amount of voltage to a set of batteries?
Posted By: wasnme

Re: Side of the road Solar - 11/20/2007 08:38 PM

You will need a charge controller , they will each handle a certain amount of wattage depending on the model.
I believe the panels are wired in series,but to tell the truth it's been years since I screwed around with solar.

Re: Side of the road Solar - 11/21/2007 05:05 AM

next time you guys drive over a bridge that has them, start to take notice in your area. I have my eyes on 15 within a 5 mile walking distance of my AO.
© 2024 A WELL REGULATED MILITIA