Forums

BOB Contents: Blaze Orange Or OD/Black

Posted By: Special K

BOB Contents: Blaze Orange Or OD/Black - 08/09/2009 07:41 PM

I took inventory of my e-gear and, and as is typical of me I was dissatisfied with what I encountered, thus deciding to restock a bunch of items. Here is a question I have pondered many nights regarding the, for lack of a better term 'status', of one's bugout bag (72-hour pack) contents. Where there is a choice does one buy gear in bright rescue colors presuming a situation requiring location and rescue like Katrina or subdued to be able to remain in hiding such as from the Katrina mob/Rodney King riots crowd? 75% of me says buys subdued and the other 25% is rummaging around the fridge looking for a cold drink so I thought I would ask the board for their input...thanks.
Posted By: Bona_na_Croin

Re: BOB Contents: Blaze Orange Or OD/Black - 08/09/2009 08:18 PM

I've kept a BOB in my car for several years. 99% is in subdued colors. However there is a brand new bright orange vest like highway workers use, in case I actually do want to attract attention to myself or have to change a tire along the side of the road.

If I must bug out and don't want to be seen it can stay ion the bag or be left behind.
Posted By: Halcitron

Re: BOB Contents: Blaze Orange Or OD/Black - 08/09/2009 11:42 PM

I keep a safety vest in the car.

A few cans of flat paint in shades of tan, black, green and black offer cammo possibilities.

Just a thought, if you bend a small sapling into a "hairpin" shape to fit your hat, and lash a crossmember to simulate shoulders, you can hang a shirt or vest on it, as a diversion target, to draw fire and waste ammo.
Posted By: SSG Nod

Re: BOB Contents: Blaze Orange Or OD/Black - 08/10/2009 04:32 AM

All my stuff is subdued. I have a VS-17 panel for marking LZ's if I really wanna or need to be seen.
Posted By: Lostangel

Re: BOB Contents: Blaze Orange Or OD/Black - 08/10/2009 05:04 AM

I have never been in the armned forces. Type 1 Diabetic, so they wouldn't let me enlist. However, I have been bow hunting in south and central Texas all my life. I can dissapear in my AO and be fairly confident that I am hard to find without thermal gear. If they are using thermal imagry, I may as well just give up.

That said, all the gear I have is subdued/camo. I have 6 road flares, and a coast guard flare gun w/flares that I can set off if the need for rescue overwhelms the need for concealment.
© 2024 A WELL REGULATED MILITIA