I highly recommend it.

Onward and upward,
airforce
Posted By: ParaSkS-DEACTIVATED

Re: James Wesley Rawles Survival Book - 10/01/2009 05:41 PM

Sweet! I probably won't by it though.
Posted By: Breacher

Re: James Wesley Rawles Survival Book - 10/02/2009 01:44 AM

Cool, I met him a few years ago and have a copy of Patriots laying around somewhere.

He does not come across as some ex-super commando, but he is actually the real deal, former Army Intel officer if I remember correctly.
Posted By: Merk

Re: James Wesley Rawles Survival Book - 10/02/2009 10:06 AM

I ordered mine on bookbomb day and am just waiting for it to arrive.

If anyone here hasn't read "Patriots" then get on it.
Posted By: airforce

Re: James Wesley Rawles Survival Book - 10/02/2009 04:50 PM

The fact that his book is #4 on Amazon is not terribly surprising. The fact that it's there with an advertising budget of zero says quite a bit.

Onward and upward,
airforce
Posted By: 30soldier

Re: James Wesley Rawles Survival Book - 10/19/2009 03:36 PM

Yeah great book. Read it a couple of months ago. Got it on amazon. Only drawback is that you might feel a bit disheartened as far as getting all the gear and making all the preps that are talked about in that book. You would have to be independently wealthy to make all of it happen. But sure is something to strive for and a very realistic scenario of how it could very possibly all play out. I passed it on to my dad and he loved it. He gave it to a buddy and I believe he read it and passed it on to someone else now.
Posted By: theingloriousbasterd

Re: James Wesley Rawles Survival Book - 10/28/2009 11:32 AM

Not trying to take anything from that book whatsoever as I'm sure it is a fantastic and thorough read. But for those who are looking for another source to draw information from... go here

http://www.wildwoodsurvival.com/index.html

So far it has been a very informative site with a lot of articles from Tom Brown Jr. along with many others. Very useful information, enjoy!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: James Wesley Rawles Survival Book - 10/30/2009 02:43 AM

I've read it several times. The first time was for enjoyment cuz it's a good read. Every time after that I went thru it with a highlighter cuz it's a darn good survival manual. It made me rethink how I was doing things.
Posted By: Fighting Pilot

Re: James Wesley Rawles Survival Book - 11/17/2009 05:17 PM

Picked it up last week. I'm working through it right now. Excellent read, great big-picture book and he brings up alot of points I didn't consider. Honestly though, much of it isn't new to me between this forum and Backwoods Home magazine. Still, great book...
Posted By: PatriotLeo

Re: James Wesley Rawles Survival Book - 01/11/2010 11:01 PM

+1 on the "Patriots" Book....excellent read.
Posted By: kingraptor410

Re: James Wesley Rawles Survival Book - 01/20/2010 07:46 AM

I love this book! Found it at a garage sale as a matter of fact. Scrolled through it and loved it. I love the story
© 2024 A WELL REGULATED MILITIA