Forums

Lesson Learned

Posted By: OLM-Medic

Lesson Learned - 08/23/2011 04:13 PM

So, today I just experienced an earthquake for the first time. They aren't too common in Baltimore, MD. Sure nothing very bad happened, but it was a very scary situation.

LESSON LEARNED:
always have your gear ready NOW instead of later. The cell towers were jammed with people trying to call and I went to get my HAM radio only to realize I left it at home...

SOP for my group in any situation is to contact via HAM immediately and I screwed myself on that one.
Posted By: ConSigCor

Re: Lesson Learned - 08/23/2011 05:45 PM

OLM,
The mountains here were rocking and rolling today. Lasted about 90 seconds. Felt like a truck ran into the house.
Posted By: DICK WOLF

Re: Lesson Learned - 08/24/2011 05:33 PM

Hope every body is ok...Ill keep you in my Prayers
Posted By: airforce

Re: Lesson Learned - 08/24/2011 05:46 PM

Heartbreaking photo of devastation from the DC earthquake:

[Linked Image]

And we can't forget this one:

[Linked Image]

Because, you know, it is just time for a little levity.

Onward and upward,
airforce
Posted By: HARBINGER

Re: Lesson Learned - 08/24/2011 06:31 PM

You should be glad I can't post pics smile . I was under the house running ducts. Thought the thing fell. Longest couple seconds in my life. Scared the crap out of me.
Posted By: airforce

Re: Lesson Learned - 08/24/2011 06:41 PM

Originally posted by HARBINGER:
You should be glad I can't post pics smile . I was under the house running ducts. Thought the thing fell. Longest couple seconds in my life. Scared the crap out of me.
Whoa, yeah. That would be a little nuts.

I managed to survive a 5.3 here in Tulsa, almost a year ago. I was sitting in front of my computer in my underwear, and I suddenly realized if I had to make a mad dash outside, whatever is left of my dignity would have suffered mightily.

Onward and upward,
airforce
Posted By: OLM-Medic

Re: Lesson Learned - 08/24/2011 08:39 PM

HAHA I heard a funny story about someone grabbing their BOB and AR and running outside. I don't know what they were thinking but the neighbors must have been wondering...
© 2024 A WELL REGULATED MILITIA