Forums

Vehicles for preppers and patriots

Posted By: Huskerpatriot

Vehicles for preppers and patriots - 11/11/2021 02:04 AM

With the world hell bent on going sideways… and with the so-called “Green (Red)New-Deal” being shoved down our throats, ESG (environmental social governmental) scores set to calculated to regulate nearly every level of our existence…. And with almost every world auto maker pledging to stop manufacturing internal combustion engines by 2030…

What is a patriot prepper that refuses to go along with this to do?

My thought is that finding good serviceable used vehicles that have a long life time tested drivetrain that is reasonably reparable moving forward, make friends with a real mechanic (not what passes these days) snd stock up on replacement parts. I really do see that these times are getting closer and closer. I can see a day coming where the woke SJW crowd gets around with their public transit and those of means with expensive lug in electric vehicles. Moderately well off making use of rental EVs or ride share EVs.

Us deplorables will be rolling in old rusted used vehicles belching smoke from homemade bootleg fuel or black market fuels… almost like Cuba!
Posted By: Texas Resistance

Re: Vehicles for preppers and patriots - 11/13/2021 04:30 AM

To hell with electric vehicles. We are already short on electricity. Buy old vehicles that run with a carburetor to restore. Watch youtube videos to see how to fix them up.. It is so simple to fix older vehicles that run with a carburetor that anyone who is not afraid of getting their hands dirty can do it. I studied youtube videos and learned automotive electronics well enough to fix new vehicles too. Everyone else could too. I trust a simple vehicle vehicle I rebuilt more than the new junk full of computer chips and sensors that fail. EMP will quickly shut down vehicles with computerized fuel injection.
Posted By: D

Re: Vehicles for preppers and patriots - 11/14/2021 01:40 AM

I would also add that having a points cap and rotor in case of an EMP strike. Keeping it simple is the way forward!!
Posted By: Kelldor42

Re: Vehicles for preppers and patriots - 11/14/2021 09:57 AM

https://www.empshield.com

I have a 12v EMP Shield in my vehicle, and a dual 48v EMP Shield was hooked up to my solar system just last night.
Posted By: Texas Resistance

Re: Vehicles for preppers and patriots - 11/14/2021 08:46 PM

I don't think this https://www.empshield.com device that costs $389.00 would work to keep the electro magnetic pulse (EMP) of nuclear explosions from frying the electronics on a vehicle. The only way the device might work is if the negative line was connected to a 10 foot long copper grounding rod.

Having electronics grounded and unplugged inside a Farady Cage is the only sure way to protect from a nuclear blast EMP.

I would rather have a vehicle with a carb and ignition points or a diesel pickup with totally mechanical fuel injection. Even then EMP could take out the diodes in the alternator.

We had better plan on doing lots of walking when a nuclear war starts.

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
― Albert Einstein
© 2024 A WELL REGULATED MILITIA