Forums

Shooting near Texas A&M

Posted By: McMedic

Shooting near Texas A&M - 08/13/2012 01:43 PM

Constable, civilian and gunman confirmed dead after shooting near Texas A&M campus

COLLEGE STATION, Texas—A Brazos County constable, a civilian and the gunman himself have been confirmed dead after a suspect opened fire near the Texas A&M campus Monday afternoon, according to the College Station Police.
I wonder what set this one off. Article said it occurred at a house so most likely a domestic that got out of hand.
Posted By: Pericles

Re: Shooting near Texas A&M - 08/13/2012 07:45 PM

I think this started as the constable arrived for an eviction of somebody who wasn't leaving.
Posted By: Flick

Re: Shooting near Texas A&M - 08/14/2012 05:50 AM

"Monday's shooting comes a little more than a week after seven people, including the suspected gunman, were killed in a mass shooting at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wis., and less than a month after a gunman opened fire at Aurora, Colo., movie theater during a midnight screening of "Dark Knight Rises," killing 12 and wounding 58."

Either chance is playing into the hands of those who seek to ban guns or there's something else at work here. Recent UN Arms Trade Treaty negotiations, election year politics heating up,... what's next?
Posted By: safetalker

Re: Shooting near Texas A&M - 08/14/2012 06:15 AM

Should however reduce the forced eviction of of renters and Foreclosed properties. The off-duty cops used to make them move will start to find safer off-duty gigs.
Posted By: McMedic

Re: Shooting near Texas A&M - 08/14/2012 07:59 AM

Originally posted by Flick:

Either chance is playing into the hands of those who seek to ban guns or there's something else at work here. Recent UN Arms Trade Treaty negotiations, election year politics heating up,... what's next?
I'd go with "something else."
© 2024 A WELL REGULATED MILITIA