Forums

Treasury Will Replace Hamilton on $10 Bill

Posted By: airforce

Treasury Will Replace Hamilton on $10 Bill - 06/18/2015 09:30 AM

The Treasury Department will replace Alexander Hamilton with a woman on the ten-dollar bill in 2020, but they don't know who yet.

[Linked Image]

First of all, good riddance to Hamilton. The last woman to grace a bill was Martha Washington, back in the 19th century. I think my vote would be for Harriet Tubman , but Abigail Adams would be a good choice too.

Onward and upward,
airforce
Posted By: Pericles

Re: Treasury Will Replace Hamilton on $10 Bill - 06/18/2015 10:31 PM

After seeing that - I'm not feeling well.
Posted By: Huskerpatriot

Re: Treasury Will Replace Hamilton on $10 Bill - 06/19/2015 05:46 AM

First of all, I like traditions and history so I'm typically opposed to most changes.

Second of all, I'm sick and tired of HIS fundamental transformation of our nation!

Lastly, if they absolutely HAVE to have a woman.... There is no more fitting and deserving than the classical and graceful image of either the walking or standing Liberty! LIBERTY after all is THE foundational base of our nation... Or it was😞
Posted By: Lord Vader

Re: Treasury Will Replace Hamilton on $10 Bill - 06/19/2015 10:15 AM

Huskerpatriot
Lastly, if they absolutely HAVE to have a woman.... There is no more fitting and deserving than the classical and graceful image of either the walking or standing Liberty! LIBERTY after all is THE foundational base of our nation... Or it was
Liberty is one of the wortst choices.

That damed Statue or or at least that damn Plague with the words:

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I wish Fance had never give that Damned thing to us.

If Woman is to be on the Ten Dollar Bill then it should be a Woman Patriot who fought in or helped Win the Revolution like the following Patriot Women:

Molly Hays McCauley aka Molly Pitcher
Margaret Corbin
Catherine Moore Barry

What I fear is it will be some one like Rosa Parks or another Black or maybe a Women suffragist.

To hell with Political Correctness

Re: Treasury Will Replace Hamilton on $10 Bill - 06/19/2015 11:45 AM

I would throw Ayn Rand into the mix, too. But there's something to be said for a fearless, gun-totin\' woman who f..., and later fought for women\'s suffrage . I get the feeling Harriet Tubman wouldn't have too much patience for what passes for "feminism" today.

Onward and upward,
airforce
Posted By: Huskerpatriot

Re: Treasury Will Replace Hamilton on $10 Bill - 06/19/2015 02:41 PM

Not the Statue of Liberty... The images they used to put on silver dollars and 1/2 dollars.

Re: Treasury Will Replace Hamilton on $10 Bill - 06/20/2015 07:47 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing this on the ten:

[Linked Image]

Onward and upward,
airforce
© 2024 A WELL REGULATED MILITIA