Forums

Obama Commutes Chelsea Manning's Sentence

Posted By: airforce

Obama Commutes Chelsea Manning's Sentence - 01/17/2017 02:24 PM

I'm actually pretty indifferent about it. Yeah, he or she did wrong. But it was for a good cause, and 35 years seems a little excessive.

Julian Assange ha said before that, if Manning was freed, he would cometo the U.S. to face charges. It will be interesting to see what comes out of this.

Onward and upward,
airforce
Posted By: Flight-ER-Doc

Re: Obama Commutes Chelsea Manning's Sentence - 01/17/2017 03:02 PM

Traitors, both of them (manning and obama)...

No doubt Bergdahl and Snowden are next
Posted By: Huskerpatriot

Re: Obama Commutes Chelsea Manning's Sentence - 01/17/2017 03:17 PM

No such lady in custody by the name of Chelsey Manning... There is a dude named Bradley Manning though.

Re: Obama Commutes Chelsea Manning's Sentence - 01/17/2017 03:58 PM

He/she already spent several years in prison, and will still have a dishonorable discharge. And I get the feeling that just being Bradley/Chelsea Manning is punishment enough.

Onward and upward,
airforce
Posted By: Huskerpatriot

Re: Obama Commutes Chelsea Manning's Sentence - 01/17/2017 05:23 PM

It will still be a liberal sensation... Book, talk show circuit, movie and reality show!

Re: Obama Commutes Chelsea Manning's Sentence - 01/17/2017 08:46 PM

Originally posted by Huskerpatriot:
It will still be a liberal sensation... Book, talk show circuit, movie and reality show!
Good point. I imagine Manning will be on "Dancing With the Stars" in no time flat.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Obama Commutes Chelsea Manning's Sentence - 01/17/2017 09:47 PM

It didn't get as much attention, but Obama also pardoned baseball Hall of Famer Willie McCovey, who pleaded guilty for tax evasion back in 1995. Good for him.

Onward and upward,
airforce
Posted By: Breacher

Re: Obama Commutes Chelsea Manning's Sentence - 01/17/2017 10:08 PM

No pardon likely for Snowden. He snitched on Obama and Hillary era misdeeds. I don't even think they took him off the kill list but for now, the designated hitters are apparently refusing to touch him. His main protection right now is the diplomatic community. Same with Assange.

I don't think anybody at this stage is willing to do "dark side" work for Hillary unless they really think they can get away with it and nobody is going to want to take the fall with her when she does.

The players to worry about are the newly recruited activists and SJWs who are out competing for reputation and sponsorship and may seek sponsorship from those who are asking for extreme measures. A shit ton of money is being thrown around for that kind of purpose right now. Wealthy donors who can literally outspend the resources that the FBI is likely to even be able to bring to bear against them and you are talking about organizations who have had eight years to embed their own people into the Justice Department,

If they can laugh and jokester the killing of Lavoy Finnicum, damn straight they can torpedo investigations into incidents that would make their operatives look bad.

It means even the most absurd lies and excuses can become the settled truth in serious investigations. Crime and terror victims left unaware of the forces set against them and then intimidated by officials if they complain or ask too many questions. Operatives then acting with impunity and local law enforcement shuffled off cases as murder, extortion, kidnapping and other crimes go "unproven".
© 2024 A WELL REGULATED MILITIA