Forums

Texas Church Shooting

Posted By: airforce

Texas Church Shooting - 11/05/2017 02:01 PM

This is insane. The body count is up to 28.

At least 28 people are dead after a man walked into First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs in Wilson County Sunday morning and opened fire, a federal law enforcement official said.

Wilson County Sheriff Joe Tackitt told The Wilson County News that the shooter has been killed and it wasn't clear whether the shooter was being counted as one of the 28.

Eight of the wounded were transported to Brooke Army Medical Center and and seven others to area hospitals, a local official said.

A young man standing outside the hospital, his head bandaged and his right arm taped from where an IV had been put in, said he had been wounded in the shooting and that this father had been killed.

His mother was in another hospital. He declined to talk but expressed faith that they would pull through with God's help.
Amanda Mosel's 13-year-old goddaughter was gunned down in the shooting. With tears in her eyes, the 34-year-old stood outside the Sutherland Springs Community Building where citizens gathered following the shooting.

Pastors of churches around Sutherland, Texas described the moments after they were notified there had been a shooting at a church in town. More than 20 people were killed when a gunman opened fire during a service on Sunday. (Nov. 11)
Media: Associated Press

"From what I've heard, someone just walked in and started shooting," she said.

Mosel said she "sadly" didn't attend church this morning, but the church is one she's attended.

"There's maybe 50 of us," she said. "It's a small, tight-knit church."

Devy Collins, 53, said one of the church pastor's children was killed.

Wilson County Commissioner Larry Wiley told mySA.com the shooter was a man. Wiley did not know if he was a member of the church. He also said that 24-27 people are dead.

"I am hearing 24-27 are, in fact, dead and I have not heard from anyone the exact number of injured," he said.

At least 10 victims were transported to Connally Memorial Medical Center in Floresville, said spokeswoman Megan Posey. She could not speak to their age or gender, but said there are multiple victims with gunshot wounds, and some have had to be taken by helicopter to a different treatment center.

A Sutherland Springs resident who lives near the church said the gunshots sounded like "somebody was banging a piece of wood" and she wasn't sure what the loud noises were at first. She heard a rapid succession of "pop-pop-pop" sounds, then a pause, then another burst of pops. The pattern kept repeating itself. She looked at the church but saw no activity.

Minutes later, police cars swarmed through the neighborhood.

"I'm shocked by it," said the neighbor, who declined to provide her name. She's lived in Sutherland Hills for nearly 20 years and enjoyed the community's quiet, friendly atmosphere. "It's really unbelievable," she said.

The Texas Rangers within the Texas Department of Public Safety is the lead investgating agency, assisted by law enforcement officers from Wilson County, Bexar County, the FBI, Homeland Security Investigations, Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, among others.

"We're looking at a pretty horrific scene that'll take several days to process," one official said.

Lawmakers spoke out on the shooting on social media.

U.S. Rep. Joaquin Castro, D-San Antonio, said: "Terrible news coming out of Sutherland Springs, TX. I'm monitoring developments and am praying for the shooting victims."

President Donald Trump also took to Twitter to express condolences for victims.

"May God be w/ the people of Sutherland Springs, Texas. The FBI & law enforcement are on the scene. I am monitoring the situation from Japan," he said.

The church is southeast of San Antonio between La Vernia, Floresville and Stockdale off Texas 87 at 216 4th Street.

Sutherland Springs about 21 miles east of Downtown San Antonio and according to the latest data has a population of about 643.

More on this breaking story when information becomes available.
Onward and upward.
airforce
Posted By: Ducttape

Re: Texas Church Shooting - 11/05/2017 02:05 PM

Oh my Lord, our prayers go out to all affected by this despicable act.
Posted By: Huskerpatriot

Re: Texas Church Shooting - 11/05/2017 03:23 PM

The fact that churches are (in my st states) on the list of things laces where firearms are forbidden has got to be addressed. These nut jobs intentionally select such places because they are free to kill unarmed victims with impunity.
Posted By: ConSigCor

Re: Texas Church Shooting - 11/05/2017 04:36 PM

Report: 26 Dead At Church Shooting In Sutherland Texas

Re: Texas Church Shooting - 11/05/2017 08:42 PM

Shooter was Devin Patrick Kelley...dishonorably discharged from the airforce. Used to teach a bible class and supposedly recently converted to atheism. Also had ties to the social justice crowd.

Kelley dressed in black and wearing a "tactical vest" shot into the church building as he approached, went inside and shot the congregation. Upon exiting the building a neighbor who had heard the shooting engaged him with a rifle. Kelly fled in his vehicle and was found dead some miles from the scene.

27 dead including Kelley. 20 wounded some severely.

Re: Texas Church Shooting - 11/06/2017 11:44 AM

I'm not sure how he passed the background check to purchase a firearm. A Bad Conduct discharge would not prevent him from buying a gun, but the conviction for a crime of domestic violence would. He presumably answered "No" where it asked if he was convicted for domestic violence, but still the conviction by courtmartial should have flagged him.

Something is wrong here.

Onward and upward,
airforce
Posted By: The Mechanic

Re: Texas Church Shooting - 11/06/2017 12:11 PM

One thing that confuses me is it is claimed that there is no gun registration but in one day they know that he purchased 4 guns in 4 years 2 in Colorado and 2 in Texas and at what gun stores, how is it that not registration.

Re: Texas Church Shooting - 11/06/2017 12:45 PM

We've had gun registration for many years. They just call it something else.

A reporter took screen shots of Kelley's f book page before it was taken offline. Kelley claimed to be a "militant atheist" who despised "stupid religious people". According to the report they found quite a bit of interaction with the antifa crowd.

Re: Texas Church Shooting - 11/07/2017 06:48 AM

Armed Citizen who Helped Stop Texas Church Massacre a Former NRA Instructor

Uh oh, there goes the narrative!

Truth Revolt - November 7, 2017

We’re hearing a lot about the “evil” NRA in the wake of the Texas church shooting which left 26 people dead.

In the eyes of the left, it’s the National Rifle Association that shoulders the blame for the carnage. Except, that’s not true at all. In fact, the NRA should be praised for doing what it actually does: training people how to properly and safely use firearms.

Stephen Willeford is being credited for helping to bring Sunday’s mass shooting to an end as at least one round from his rifle found a small gap in the perpetrator’s body armor and caused the killer to retreat to his vehicle. It was Willeford who then jumped into another local’s truck and chased shooter Devin Kelley down the roadway until Kelley ran off the road and shot himself.

Willeford recounted that his daughter ran into his bedroom on Sunday to tell him she heard gunshots at the nearby Baptist church and saw a man in black tactical gear firing a weapon. Willeford told 40/29 News, “I kept hearing the shots, one after another, very rapid shots – just ‘pop pop pop pop’ and I knew every one of those shots represented someone, that it was aimed at someone, that they weren’t just random shots.”

What did Willeford do? He went to his locked gun safe and grabbed his unloaded rifle and began loading a magazine. He ran across the street to the church, forgetting only one small detail: his shoes.

“He saw me and I saw him,” said Willeford. “I was standing behind a pickup truck for cover.”

“I know I hit him,” he added. “He got into his vehicle, and he fired another couple rounds through his side window. When the window dropped, I fired another round at him again.”

So where did this good guy with a gun learn such on-point firearm etiquette? Willeford is a former NRA instructor! That’s an inconvenient fact for the Left, now isn’t it?

And the best part is, Willeford is humbly passing on being considered a hero:

“I’m no hero. I mean, I am not. I think my God, my Lord protected me and gave me the skills to do what needed to be done.”

Watch his interviews here. http://www.4029tv.com/article/man-w...man-shares-his-story-1510000178/13438786

Re: Texas Church Shooting - 11/07/2017 07:14 AM

Former classmates say Texas gunman ...d his atheism\' online before killing 26

Re: Texas Church Shooting - 11/07/2017 10:10 AM

This guy was one miserable SOB. What kind of a man cracks the skull of his own child? And why did a court martial give him only one year for it? This thing stinks.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Texas Church Shooting - 11/09/2017 07:05 AM

Texas Church Shooter: What No One is Saying About the Insanity of His Prior Conviction

By Jon Rappoport

Devin Kelley, the Texas church shooter, was convicted of crimes by a military court in 2012.

Mainstream press outlets are reporting this fact to show he never should have been allowed to purchase a gun after his release from prison—except the Army failed to enter his criminal record in a national database that would have red-flagged him, when he tried to buy several weapons.

But there is another issue.

In 2012, while stationed at Holloman Air Force base, Kelley “pleaded guilty to two charges of assault and battery on his then-wife and aggravated assault on his infant stepson. Five other charges that included multiple incidents in which he allegedly aimed either a loaded or unloaded firearm at his wife were withdrawn as part of the plea deal.” (ABC News)

Kelley kicked and choked his wife a number of times. He fractured his infant stepson’s skull. The Air Force stated Kelley used enough force to kill his stepson or at least cause “grievous bodily harm.” In his plea deal, Kelley admitted he struck his stepson intentionally.

Here is the payoff, from ABC News: “A mixed jury of officers and enlisted personnel sentenced him [Kelley] to a year’s confinement and a reduction in two ranks from an airman first-class (A1C) to airman basic. He also received a bad conduct discharge.”

That sentence is a crime compounded on Kelley’s crimes.

A year’s confinement?

How about 50 years in prison?

What kind of plea deal did the Air Force allow, and why? Who is investigating THAT?

With any sort of reasonable sentence, Kelley would never have shown up at the Texas church.

Over the years, I’ve looked into numerous crimes of repeat offenders. I’m sure you’ve read reports as well. So-and-so robbed a store and shot the manager. At the time, he was serving probation after a conviction of assault on two teenagers…

What?!

In Kelley’s case, there is obviously some degree of political correctness at work. “Well, he didn’t actually kill anybody, so let’s confine him for a year and demote him…”

As my readers know, I investigate and report on many high-level corporate and government crimes—and the failure to adequately prosecute the offenders. But the same lunacy applies to street-level felonies.

Instead of, “Well, Bob is one of our own, a pillar of the community, so what if he’s poisoning thousands of people with his company’s medical drugs, let’s fine him and let him off with a promise to mend his ways,” it’s: “Well, this fellow had a very tough childhood, his father was a drunk and beat him and his mother, and the neighborhood was dangerous and everyone was in a gang, so let’s give him two years in jail for putting a girl into a coma…”

On the other hand, “Let’s see, this man committed two petty unarmed robberies and then he stole a candy bar from a traveling circus, so that’s three strikes and he goes away for life without parole…”

Devin Kelley should never have been near that Texas church. He should have been in a lockup, after assaulting his wife many times and fracturing his infant stepson’s skull.

The press doesn’t appear to have noticed this, or if they have, they’ve declined to mention it, because, in their view, prison is some kind of illegitimate institution. It’s wrong, it shouldn’t exist. It’s “unfashionable” to demand tougher prison sentences for any street-level crime.

Fine. In that case, how about an island blocked off from escape by sea? Devin Kelley and those like him, at every level of society, can share roots and tubers, build huts, and try to share their new lives.

And the know-nothings, who reject all punishment for crimes committed against human beings, can swab the decks of ships stationed offshore to prevent the prisoners’ exit from their island paradise.

I wonder how well Devin Kelley’s jury members, from 2012, are sleeping at night.

Re: Texas Church Shooting - 11/09/2017 08:57 AM

Exactly. Just over a year ago, I was on a jury that sentenced a young man to life without parole for killing his infant daughter. I'm not wild about the death penalty but, had it been an option, I would have considered it.

This bastard nearly kills his infant son, kicked and choke his wife a "number of times," pointed a deadly weapon at her five times, and gets only a year? What the heck is going on with the military justice system?

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Texas Church Shooting - 11/09/2017 11:28 AM

What the heck is going on with the military justice system?
Just heard a news report that claims one of the dropped charges was for...

Entering Holloman Air Force base and attempting to shoot...or threatening to shoot his C.O.

And they let this nutcase out?!

Re: Texas Church Shooting - 11/09/2017 11:34 AM

Here\'s something else that\'s going to have you scratching your head. The Texas Department of Public Safety denied Kelley a concealed carry permit. Why?

Because he was charged with a misdemeanor for beating his dog. You can't make this stuff up.

...In 2015, Mr. Kelley tried unsuccessfully to get a Texas license to carry a handgun — a failure that was tied to an animal cruelty charge against him the year before. While he was living in Colorado Springs, he was charged with a misdemeanor for beating his dog. A judge imposed a deferred judgment, and the charge was dismissed two years later, after Mr. Kelley completed a court-ordered period of probation.

When Mr. Kelley applied for a license to carry, a check with the national criminal background databases did not turn up his military conviction. But it did reveal an entry from El Paso County, Colo., the Texas Department of Public Safety said on Wednesday — an apparent reference to the animal cruelty case.

The department said it notified him that his application was delayed because of a “possibly disqualifying issue,” and asked him for more information regarding his application. He did not respond, so the application was denied....
Onward and upward,
airforce
© 2024 A WELL REGULATED MILITIA