Forums

Biden moves to bypass Congress to enact climate agenda

Posted By: ConSigCor

Biden moves to bypass Congress to enact climate agenda - 07/22/2022 02:26 AM

Biden moves to bypass Congress to enact climate agenda that only 1% of Americans care about

President Joe Biden will visit Somerset, Massachusetts on Wednesday, to deliver an ultimatum to Congress on climate change despite a major lack of support from voters.

Olivia Rondeau The Post Millennial
July 20, 2022

President Joe Biden will visit Somerset, Massachusetts on Wednesday, to deliver an ultimatum to Congress on climate change despite a major lack of support from voters. Biden says that if they do not vote to put his environmental agenda into action, then he will use his own powers to combat the issue.

With his climate plan facing setbacks from Republicans and moderate Democrats on Capitol Hill, the president plans to visit the Brayton Point power plant, reported NBC Boston. The plant is an old coal-powered facility that is now transitioning to offshore wind manufacturing. Biden will deliver remarks on "tackling the climate crisis and seizing the opportunity of a clean energy future to create jobs and lower costs for families," according to the White House.

Biden is expected to force federal funds toward communities facing high levels of heat, while taking executive action to boost domestic offshore wind production, an anonymous White House official told the Washington Post.

Some of the major setbacks on Biden's climate agenda come from within his own party, with Sen. Joe Manchin III of West Virginia last week informing Democratic Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer that he does not support the party's plan to allocate billions of dollars to fighting climate change.

"I said, 'Chuck until we see the July inflation figures… basically Federal Reserve rates, interest rates, then let's wait till that comes out so we know that we're going down a path that won't be inflammatory, to add more to inflation,' " Manchin said on the Talkline radio show.

Manchin isn't the only one who isn't feeling strongly about pushing forward federal funding to tackle the climate change issue. According to a New York Times poll, just one percent of Americans hold climate change as the most important issue facing the country. The poll, which was covered by Fox News, showed that even out of Democratic voters and the ages 18-30 demographic, only 3% say it's a top issue.

Biden has been facing some major problems as of late, with his own party criticizing him for not having a more forceful response to the overturn of Roe v. Wade, and with Americans in general financially hurting from the highest levels of inflation the country has seen in 40 years. Only one percent of young voters between the ages of 18 and 29 "strongly approve" of the president's work, and the overall approval rating of 36 percent has matched the record low. The push for a multi-billion-dollar climate agenda seems to be the least of the average citizen's worries.

While Biden is not expected to declare a national climate emergency during the address in Somerset, he is considering making the move in the near future.

"I would not plan an announcement this week on a national climate emergency. Again, everything is on the table. It's just not going to be this week on that decision," White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters on Tuesday.
Posted By: ConSigCor

Re: Biden moves to bypass Congress to enact climate agenda - 07/22/2022 02:35 AM

Biden Vows To Bypass Congress “To Combat The Climate Crisis”

After he jetted in with his SUV convoy

By Steve Watson | INFOWARS.COM Thursday, July 21, 2022

Joe Biden announced Wednesday “I’ll use my executive powers to combat the climate crisis in the absence of congressional action,” while his gaggle of climate and energy advisors continued their relentless attack on the energy industry.

Speaking in front of Brayton Point Power Station, a former coal-fired power plant in Somerset, Massachusetts, Biden stated “As president, I have a responsibility to act with urgency and resolve when our nation faces clear and present danger. And that’s what climate change is about. It is literally, not figuratively, a clear and present danger. The health of our citizens and our communities is literally at stake.”

“So my message today is this. Since Congress is not acting as it should, and these guys here are,” Biden continued, signalling to Democrats in the crowd, “I said last week and I’ll say it again loud and clear. As president, I’ll use my executive powers to combat the climate crisis in the absence of congressional action.”

“We’re not getting many Republican votes,” Biden continued, adding “This is an emergency, an emergency and I will, I will look at it that way.”

Biden: "Climate change is an emergency, and in the coming weeks I'm going to use the power I have as President to turn these words into formal official government actions." pic.twitter.com/juElQmCaj4

— The Post Millennial (@TPostMillennial) July 20, 2022

Educate yourself further by tapping into our store's vast collection of books and movies.

Biden’s handlers later tweeted the promise:

My message today is loud and clear: Since Congress is not acting on the climate emergency, I will.

And in the coming weeks my Administration will begin to announce executive actions to combat this emergency.

— President Biden (@POTUS) July 20, 2022

Some of the reported actions Biden is looking at include limiting all fossil fuel imports and exports, suspending offshore drilling leases for 11 million acres of federal waters, and reinstating a crude oil export ban that Congress voted to repeal in 2015.

Such actions would instantly decimate an energy industry already on its knees from two years of Biden attempts to shut it down.

Of course, Biden, when not part of carbon spewing convoys, is doing his best to combat the crisis by revving around in classic sports cars.

Biden: *Drives a Corvette*

Also Biden: Buy electric vehicles! pic.twitter.com/WufzueiP88

— MRCTV (@mrctv) March 11, 2022

Biden's contribution to fighting climate change.

– 85-car motorcade in Rome
– His own 244-horsepower car "the Beast"
– Each car generates 10x the normal amount CO2
– 10,000 mile return trip on Air Force One
– 2.2 million pounds of carbon total

They're taking the piss.#Cop26

— Paul Joseph Watson (@PrisonPlanet) October 30, 2021

Indeed, his trip to announce this intention to combat the climate crisis involved traveling on the 416.5-ton presidential aircraft, Air Force One, as well as a decoy presidential plane, two C-17 military planes transporting Secret Service vehicles, and finally a 25 mile drive for the entire convoy.

Joe Biden's massive motorcade of gas guzzling SUVs arrives ahead of his speech on climate change pic.twitter.com/w8tWCaxN3o

— RNC Research (@RNCResearch) July 20, 2022

And back again.

Solid work Joe.

Couldn’t have just made the announcement from your fake White House set huh?

I guess the 20 Democrats and smattering of local reporters that were in attendance could only meet at a disused power station in Somerset. They all just happened to be there at the same time. Makes sense.

#RIGHTNOW I’m at Brayton Point Power Station in Somerset, awaiting President Biden’s arrival along w/a number of local media outlets. He’s expected to discuss executive action to fight against climate change. @wbz pic.twitter.com/BQFAjiJUSn

— Courtney Cole (@CourtneyCWBZ) July 20, 2022

The media riser madness continues as we wait for the presidents arrival. pic.twitter.com/XPf1dduUJH

— Jodi Reed (@JReedTV) July 20, 2022

Biden’s climate czar John Kerry is also doing his best to combat the crisis:

Biden could declare climate emergency as soon as this week, WaPo reports. Meanwhile, John Kerry’s family private jet emitted over 300 metric tons of carbon in last two years… https://t.co/sIHv2pOgBI

— Philip Melanchthon Wegmann (@PhilipWegmann) July 19, 2022

While lecturing America and the rest of the world to transition to ‘green energy’:

Biden Climate Czar John Kerry: “We’re behind” and need to “accelerate the transition” to green energy. pic.twitter.com/dCM8hvRLrN

— RNC Research (@RNCResearch) July 18, 2022

Fox News: Biden climate czar John Kerry is an “energy hypocrite” for his trips on his family’s “gas-guzzling private jet” pic.twitter.com/mgt74GsofR

Biden doesn’t care that Kerry is using a private jet because Kerry is a liberal supporter, even though Kerry's jet has emitted 20x what an American emits in a year since Biden took office.

What Biden finds far more important: going after you & your car. https://t.co/4UI5apwCB4

— Tommy Pigott (@TommyPigott) July 20, 2022

Perhaps this is why 99% of Americans are not buying that this is a real ‘crisis’?

Fox News: Only 1% of Americans say "climate change" is the most important issue we have in the country pic.twitter.com/7zs1FJBsix

— The Post Millennial (@TPostMillennial) July 20, 2022

It is already a crisis for Americans’ wallets though:

According to data from Congress’ Joint Economic Committee, rising energy costs and Biden’s war on American energy have already cost families $1,500.

That’s money that is ALREADY spent – that families have ALREADY lost. pic.twitter.com/UCWLkZ1dad

— Tommy Pigott (@TommyPigott) July 20, 2022

Nevertheless, Biden’s gaggle of ghouls spent another entire day preaching about the coming ‘transition’:

Biden climate adviser Gina McCarthy says Biden will “move forward with every power available to him” to get rid of fossil fuels pic.twitter.com/YBQAXS9j9r

Biden climate advisor Ali Zaidi: “There is no stop in Joe Biden” to shift away from oil and natural gas. pic.twitter.com/FhRm03xDP3

Kamala Harris thinks high gas prices are funnypic.twitter.com/8YxtGsMZI2

Biden Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg dismisses concerns over “green” policies leaving homes powerless:

“This is what a transition looks like” pic.twitter.com/Mwh8WXBo30

PETE BUTTIGIEG, condescendingly:

I’m just “astonished” that people “really struggle to let go” of their cars and pickup trucks in favor of electric vehicles only pic.twitter.com/BPKzV9v3eP

— RNC Research (@RNCResearch) July 21, 2022
© 2024 A WELL REGULATED MILITIA