Forums

Re: THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS UNDER THE TENNESSEE CONSTITUTION:

Posted By: ConSigCor

Re: THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS UNDER THE TENNESSEE CONSTITUTION: - 07/04/2007 01:32 PM

Take the time to read this carefully.

Although the subject is the correct interpretation of the right to keep and bear arms as militia under the Tenn. constitution some of it has bearing on the militia in general.
Posted By: apetite

Re: THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS UNDER THE TENNESSEE CONSTITUTION: - 07/06/2007 11:11 AM

Originally posted by ConSigCor:
Take the time to read this carefully.

Although the subject is the correct interpretation of the right to keep and bear arms as militia under the Tenn. constitution some of it has bearing on the militia in general.
I've read something like this before; Where individuals had no right to carry or own firearms, but only practicing members of a milita. But in regards to the writings of the "framers", they were quite adamant about preserving individual rights not otherwise guaranteed in any constitution.

In the U.S. Constitution, it only referenced the most important of rights and the rest... open for interpretation. So I guess that was their mistake?

Off topic, I have family in Crosseville down there. Very neat terrain, and very beneficial to the militia in a time of crisis.
Posted By: zeroedin

Re: THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS UNDER THE TENNESSEE CONSTITUTION: - 07/09/2007 10:42 AM

Thanks CSC! Got it...will study it, & thoroughly enjoy KNOWING that I can use it! ("As using this World, but not abusing it" - to parapharse a bit of wise council)...

Yeah apetite, Tenn. has some AWSOME TERRAIN features...just gotta get my arse over there & begin using them! Ha!
Posted By: The Greywolf

Re: THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS UNDER THE TENNESSEE CONSTITUTION: - 07/10/2007 01:49 PM

saved it and will read it till I know it..
© 2024 A WELL REGULATED MILITIA