AWRM
10/19/2020 03:45 PM A New Bretton Woods Moment? [by airforce]
This is what the International Monetary Fund and the central bankers have in store for you. Government healthcare? Check. Government education? Check. "Gender equality?" Check. Climate change and a greener world? Check. They really do intend to follow Keyne's advice to "seize the moment."

Don't believe me? Just listen to this speech by IMF Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva. Pay attention to this, folks.

1. Introduction: ‘A sisterhood and brotherhood of humanity’

I first want to thank Dr. Ernest Kwamina Addison for his excellent remarks and contributions as Chairman of the IMF’s Board of Governors.

Reflecting on the dramatic change in the world over the last year, I paid a visit to the Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, where 44 men signed our Articles of Agreement in 1944. Our founders faced two massive tasks: to deal with the immediate devastation caused by the War; and to lay the foundation for a more peaceful and prosperous postwar world.

At the conclusion of the conference John Maynard Keynes captured the significance of international cooperation as hope for the world. “If we can continue…The brotherhood of man will have become more than a phrase", he said.

As we look forward to welcoming Andorra as our 190th member, the work of the IMF is testament to the values of cooperation and solidarity on which a sisterhood and brotherhood of humanity is built.

Today we face a new Bretton Woods “moment.” A pandemic that has already cost more than a million lives. An economic calamity that will make the world economy 4.4 % smaller this year and strip an estimated $11 trillion of output by next year. And untold human desperation in the face of huge disruption and rising poverty for the first time in decades.

Once again, we face two massive tasks: to fight the crisis today— and build a better tomorrow.

We know what action must be taken right now. A durable economic recovery is only possible if we beat the pandemic. Health measures must remain a priority—I urge you to support production and distribution of effective therapies and vaccines to ensure that all countries have access.

I also urge you to continue support for workers and businesses until a durable exit from the health crisis.

We have seen global fiscal actions of $12 trillion. Major central banks have expanded balance sheets by $7.5 trillion. These synchronized measures have prevented the destructive macro-financial feedback we saw in previous crises.

But almost all countries are still hurting, especially emerging market and developing economies. And while the global banking system entered the crisis with high capital and liquidity buffers, there is a weak tail of banks in many in emerging markets. We must take measures to prevent the build-up of financial risks over the medium term.

We face what I have called a Long Ascent for the global economy: a climb that will be difficult, uneven, uncertain—and prone to setbacks.

But it is a climb up. And we will have a chance to address some persistent problems — low productivity, slow growth, high inequalities, a looming climate crisis. We can do better than build back the pre-pandemic world – we can build forward to a world that is more resilient, sustainable, and inclusive.

We must seize this new Bretton Woods moment.

2. Building Forward: Three Imperatives

How? I see three imperatives:

First, the right economic policies. What was true at Bretton Woods remains true today. Prudent macroeconomic policies and strong institutions are critical for growth, jobs, and improved living standards.

One size does not fit all—policies must be tailored to individual country needs. Support remains essential for some time—withdrawing it too early risks grave and unwarranted economic harm. The stage of the crisis will determine the appropriate shape of this support, generally broader early on and more targeted as countries begin to recover.

Strong medium-term frameworks for monetary, fiscal and financial policies, as well as reforms to boost trade, competitiveness and productivity can help create confidence for policy action now while building much-needed resilience for the future.

That includes keeping a careful watch on risks presented by elevated public debt. We expect 2021 debt levels to go up significantly – to around 125 percent of GDP in advanced economies, 65 percent of GDP in emerging markets; and 50 percent of GDP in low-income countries.

The Fund is providing debt relief to its poorest members and, with the World Bank, we support extension by the G20 of the Debt Service Suspension Initiative.

Beyond this, where debt is unsustainable, it should be restructured without delay. We should move towards greater debt transparency and enhanced creditor coordination. I am encouraged by G20 discussions on a Common framework for Sovereign Debt Resolution as well as on our call for improving the architecture for sovereign debt resolution, including private sector participation.

We are there for our member countries—supporting their policies.

And policies must be for people —my second imperative.

To reap the full benefits of sound economic policy, we must invest more in people. That means protecting the vulnerable. It also means boosting human and physical capital to underpin growth and resilience.

COVID19 has underscored the importance of strong health systems.

Rising inequality and rapid technological change demand strong education and training systems—to increase opportunity and reduce disparities.

Accelerating gender equality can be a global game-changer. For the most unequal countries, closing the gender gap could increase GDP by an average of 35 percent.

And investing in our young people is investing in our future. They need access to health and education, and also access to the internet—because that gives them access to the digital economy – so critical for growth and development in the future.

Expanding internet access in Sub Saharan Africa by 10 percent of the population could increase real per capita GDP growth by as much as 4 percentage points.

Digitalization also helps with financial inclusion as a powerful tool to help overcome poverty.

Just as the pandemic has shown that we can no longer ignore health precautions, we can no longer afford to ignore climate change—my third imperative.

We focus on climate change because it is macro-critical, posing profound threats to growth and prosperity. It is also people-critical and planet-critical.

In the last decade, direct damage from climate-related disasters adds up to around $1.3 trillion. If we don’t like this health crisis, we will not like the climate crisis one iota.

Our research shows that, with the right mix of green investment and higher carbon prices, we can steer toward zero emissions by 2050 and help create millions of new jobs.

We have an historic opportunity to build a greener world—also a more prosperous and job-rich one. With low interest rates, the right investments today can yield a quadruple dividend tomorrow: avert future losses, spur economic gains, save lives and deliver social and environmental benefits for everyone.

3. The IMF’s Role

At the Fund, we are working tirelessly to support a durable recovery— and a resilient future as countries adapt to structural transformations brought on by climate change, digital acceleration and the rise of the knowledge economy.

Since the pandemic began, we have committed over $100 billion—and we still have substantial resources from our $1 trillion in lending capacity.

We will continue to pay special attention to the urgent needs of emerging markets and low-income countries—especially small and fragile states, helping them to pay doctors and nurses and protect the most vulnerable people and parts of their economies.

Our unprecedented action was only possible thanks to our members’ generous support. The doubling of the New Arrangements to Borrow and a new round of bilateral borrowing arrangements preserves this financial firepower. Members have also stepped up with essential contributions to our Catastrophe Containment – and Relief and Poverty Reduction and Growth—Trusts.

This has allowed us to support our low-income members with debt relief and to triple our concessional lending. We are engaging with members to further boost our concessional lending capacity adapt our lending toolkit and increase support for capacity development.

IMF staff, working day and night, have been magnificent in this crisis. My sincere thanks to them and my Management team.

My deep appreciation also to our Executive Directors – they have been there every step of the way over the past six months.

4. Conclusion: Seize the Moment

The best memorial we can build to those who have lost their lives in this crisis is, in the words of Keynes, “that bigger thing”— building a more sustainable and equitable world.

Our founders did it. It is now our turn. This is our moment!

Now it’s my pleasure to introduce my friend, and great partner to the IMF: President David Malpass of the World Bank Group.

Onward and upward,
airforce
0 5 Read More
10/17/2020 01:43 PM Chinese President preparing for war [by ConSigCor]
Chinese President Xi Jinping tells troops to focus on 'preparing for war'

CNN Digital Expansion 2017. Ben Westcott

By Ben Westcott, CNN

Hong Kong (CNN)Chinese President Xi Jinping has called on troops to "put all (their) minds and energy on preparing for war" in a visit to a military base in the southern province of Guangdong on Tuesday, according to state news agency Xinhua.
During an inspection of the People's Liberation Army Marine Corps in Chaozhou City, Xinhua said Xi told the soldiers to "maintain a state of high alert" and called on them to be "absolutely loyal, absolutely pure, and absolutely reliable."
The main purpose of Xi's visit to Guangdong was to deliver a speech Wednesday commemorating the 40th anniversary of the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone, which was established in 1980 to attract foreign capital and played a vital role in helping China's economy become the second-largest in the world.

But the military visit comes as tensions between China and the United States remain at their highest point in decades, with disagreements over Taiwan and the coronavirus pandemic creating sharp divisions between Washington and Beijing.

The White House notified US Congress Monday that it was planning to move ahead with the sale of three advanced weapon systems to Taiwan, according to a congressional aide, including the advanced High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS).

In a stern response from Beijing, Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian called on Washington to "immediately cancel any arms sales plans to Taiwan" and cut all "US-Taiwan military ties."
Even though Taiwan has never been controlled by China's ruling Communist Party, authorities in Beijing insist the democratic, self-governing island is an integral part of their territory, with Xi himself refusing to rule out military force to capture it if necessary.

Despite the Chinese government's disapproval, relations between Washington and Taipei have grown closer under the Trump administration. In August, US Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar became the highest-level US official to visit Taiwan in decades, when he traveled to the island ostensibly to discuss the pandemic.

In response, Beijing increased military drills around Taiwan. Almost 40 Chinese warplanes crossed the median line between the mainland and Taiwan on September 18-19 -- one of several sorties the island's President Tsai Ing-wen called a "threat of force."
In a speech to the RAND Corporation on September 16, US Secretary of Defense Mark Esper said China "cannot match the United States" in terms of naval power and labeled Beijing a "malign influence."

"(China and Russia) are using predatory economics, political subversion, and military force in an attempt to shift the balance of power in their favor, and often at the expense of others," he told the audience.
In early October, Esper announced his "Battle Force 2045" plan, which calls for an expanded and modernized US Navy of 500 manned and unmanned vessels by 2045.
2 15 Read More
10/12/2020 08:11 PM Chi-Coms Staging Troops In Canada [by Texas Resistance]
Is Canada Handing Off the Western Provinces to the CHICOMS As a Prelude to Invasion of the United States?
Submitted by Dave Hodges on Sunday, October 11, 2020 - 15:25.

https://thecommonsenseshow.com/acti...s-chicoms-prelude-invasion-united-states

[img]https://359823-1119873-raikfcquaxqn...s/china-marines-PLA_12.jpg?itok=_3IvHN1h[/img]

The Western portion of Canada is not just allowing the CHICOM’s Peoples Liberation Army (PLA) to be present in British Colombia, the PLA is taking over.

Last evening as I was being interviewed on a station in Kentucky, a Canadian ex-pat called in and confirmed everything I am to say here.

The Canadian government signed a secret agreement which allowed the CHICOMS to bring in their troops to protect Chinese property that Trudeau allowed the Chinese to build. The following paragraphs will describe what four different Canadians have described about what life is like in an around Vancouver. First of all, the homeless are isolated in Oppenheimer Park. They are being separated from the general population. They are monitored and guarded and one Canadian told me, who got to close and was told to vacate the area or be arrested, that the guards for the park are strange. The regular police are seen less and less. More frequently, the guards are Chinese who speak perfect English but refuse to answer and in-depth questions about what is going in the park.

One Canadian told me that his cousin is a military outfit that has largely been transferred from BC to points “back east”. He is intimating that the military is being withdrawn and the CHICOMS are taking over. He told me that there is a distinct feeling of impending doom. Everyone is on pins and needles. Even the authorities are not enforcing social distancing and the wearing of masks. “It is like it doesn’t matter anymore, something much bigger than coronavirus is coming”.

Stanley Park (Island) is no longer accessible to the public. It is guarded by Canadians but everyone in the immediate area, knows that the Chinese are on the Island. A former dock worker, who recently lost his job, told me that the ports are in lockdown. There is still activity in the ports, but it is like they had to get all the civilians off the docks so they could not see what is coming and what is coming are believed to be massive amounts of Chinese men and material to join the massive amounts of Chinese that are already in the city. He said the Chinese control the port where he was at.

There is one person who has been regularly communicating with me who is a position of relative power. His exact position, located in Vancouver, will be kept unidentified for security reasons, told me that the CHICOMS are headquartered in Prince Rupert. He has seen the attack helicopters and troop transport helicopters . He says that Chinese combat troops can cover the entire Province within 90 minutes but he does not believe covering British Colombia (BC) is the goal. At Stanley Park, he said he saw a largely scaled-down version of the stadium that the Seattle Seahawks play football. He recognized it for what it was immediately because he has been to the facility dozens of times. It is his belief that this small makeshift structure was built to rehearse the housing of large amounts of people. For the 60 minutes he was in the area on business, he said that the focus was not on what was going inside of the structure, but on controlling traffic coming into the area in large canopy trucks. I asked him if this was a FEMA camp facility in his opinion. I had to fully explain the nuances behind my question and he said the use of trucks might indicate that they were planning to bring large amounts of people to the facility. He did also say that he knows that for a fact that the CHICOMS are practicing amphibious landings near the area. He further stated that local cops are very “pissed off:, but everyone is in stand-down mode, but nobody is comfortable with what is happening. He said if he was wrong that the mini-structure he witnessed was not in Seattle as he suspected, he is fearful, the practice is for Canadians not Americans, at least initially. He also told me that organized crime is down dramatically, especially in the area of the docks. He thought it was due to the presence of CHICOMS who are taking control of the ports.

It is clear that key parts of Western Canada are being handed off to the CHICOMS. I maintain that Trudeau has struck a military deal with the CHICOMS. Why? With true north moving, melting ice caps has made Canada the unquestionable dominant power in freshwater supplies. With water levels in many world metropolitan areas dropping to 500 feet, freshwater will become a valuable commodity. Canada will become the 1980’s version of the Saudi Arabia, only the product will not be oil, it will be water. However, Canada does not have the military reserve to protect it supplies and transport going forward.

Trudeau should have reached out to the United States for this reason. But why didn’t they? Red the Deagel Report which says that 89% of Americans will be dead in just over four years. The Chinese obviously convinced Trudeau that China will be the only country left standing that can protect their water resources. This makes sense because America has enjoyed a tremendous relationship with Canada as the border represents the largest undefended border in the world. I have written about how China is initiating their “belt and road” strategy in in CANZUK (ie Australia (gone), New Zealand (going), UK (losing), and Canada (nearly lost). Lost, losing nearly lost? This is the infrastructure of all 4 countries to the CHICOMS. It is clear that China is separating these four English speaking countries from America as a pre-emptive action to invasion. This is obviously being done to separate America from major trading partners and military allies. This also gives China control over the South Pacific. America is very close to standing alone.

If California falls after the election and leaves the union as CALEXIT threatens to do, Pearl Harbor would have to be abandoned. The CHICOMS will control Washington, Oregon, and California, all who have pledged to withdraw from America if they do not like the result of the election. This will provide a major beachhead for the CHICOMS.

I showed this article to a former military analyst and he said contingency plans to house West coast military facilities will be transferred to East coast control, are in existence but he did not know if they have been rehearsed. This is merely a status report on the anecdotal accounts of four Canadians acquired over an 8 week period. I believe these accounts to be accurate because there are other accounts similar to these, for example in the broadcasts of Sarah Westall. This story will obviously be continued as more information is acquired.
2 17 Read More
10/12/2020 06:53 PM Patriot Murdered in Denver [by ConSigCor]
Video: BLM/Antifa Militant Shoots, Kills Patriot Prayer Member In Denver

Execution By Liberal Media In Denver

By Jon Bowne Sunday, October 11, 2020

All the left needs is a Hitler/Mussolini/Pol Pot/Chairman Mao-style leader to rally them to a full blown revolutionary violent overthrow of the United States.

That voice will likely arise from the crumbling ESPN ranks that Psychopaths like Keith Olbermann graduate into political theater from, spewing totalitarian nonsense that sounds vaguely familiar.

It is purely un-American hysterical disinformation that fuels what transpired at a Denver Communists-led Soup Drive for the homeless in Denver Colorado over the weekend; a drive that should have been appropriately titled a “Hurl Soup Cans At Patriots and Defunded Police” event.

And as a BLM mental patient hurled threats and insults at patriots, a patriot appeared to defend himself with pepper spray after the gun from a reported 9 News bodyguard had been drawn. Then a point-blank shot rang out, killing the patriot.

Just so we are clear America: Patriotic Americans aren’t merely being shot in cold blood by Marxists supported by the Democratic party and the Democratic candidates running for the highest office in the land.

The liberal 9 News Denver media, hell-bent on poisoning the masses with propaganda, has now become the center of an investigation where the life of an American citizen was snuffed out in broad daylight by a mockingbird media goon.

City Of Denver: Accused Shooter Matthew Dolloff Is Not Licensed to Be A Security Guard

By Steve Watson | INFOWARS.COM Monday, October 12, 2020

Chris Menahan
Information Liberation
October 12, 2020

Matthew Dolloff, 9News Denver’s hired gun who shot and killed military veteran Lee Keltner during a “Patriot Rally” on Saturday afternoon, is not licensed to be a security guard and never has been according to the Denver Department of Excise and Licenses.

CBS Denver dropped the bombshell on Sunday night:

The Denver Department of Excise and Licenses tells CBS4’s Andrea Flores Dolloff was not licensed to be a security guard in the city.

“If he was operating as a security guard, he was in violation of the law,” said Eric Escudero, a department spokesman, stated. “Security guards are prohibited from carrying or using a firearm without getting an armed firearm endorsement for their license. All security guards in Denver are required to get a federal background check before they receive their license.”

Escudero also shared Denver is one of three cities in Colorado where security guards are required to have a license to operate, and there is requirement to have a license in the state.

Security guards are also required to go through training which includes training on use of force.

Doloff had his first advisement hearing Sunday morning. The judge declared the arrest affidavit will be sealed, and the defendant will be held on first degree murder charges without bond.

As I reported earlier, Dolloff’s social media show he’s a radical leftist with a hatred of Trump supporters.

Though the Denver Police Dept. within hours of the shooting rushed to claim that their “investigation” determined Dolloff was a “private security guard with no affiliation with Antifa,” on Sunday night they admitted that wasn’t true.

“Investigators are unaware of whether the suspect is personally affiliated with any political organization,” the Denver PD said.
3 7 Read More
10/12/2020 01:22 AM Wait a minute... [by ConSigCor]

WHO Flip-Flops: Urges World Leaders To Stop Using Lockdowns To Fight COVID Contagion

By Zero Hedge Sunday, October 11, 2020

In a stunning rebuke of the “science” and the “doctors” and leftist politicians and career bureaucrats in the US and across much of The West, The Epoch Times’ Evan Pentchoukov reports that The World Health Organization’s special envoy on COVID-19 has urged world leaders to stop using lockdowns as the primary control method against the spread of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) virus, commonly known as the novel coronavirus.

“We in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as the primary means of control of this virus,” David Nabarro told The Spectator in an interview aired on Oct. 8.

“The only time we believe a lockdown is justified is to buy you time to reorganize, regroup, rebalance your resources, protect your health workers who are exhausted, but by and large, we’d rather not do it.”

[ZH: How long before this video is removed by Twitter?]

Nabarro pointed to the collateral damage that lockdowns are having worldwide, especially among poorer populations.

“Just look at what’s happened to the tourism industry, for example in the Caribbean or in the Pacific, because people aren’t taking their holidays. Look what’s happened to smallholder farmers all over the world because their markets have got dented. Look what’s happening to poverty levels. It seems that we may well have a doubling of world poverty by next year. Seems that we may well have at least a doubling of child malnutrition because children are not getting meals at school and their parents, in poor families, are not able to afford it,” Nabarro said.

“This is a terrible, ghastly global catastrophe actually,” he added. “And so we really do appeal to all world leaders: Stop using lockdown as your primary control method, develop better systems for doing it, work together and learn from each other, but remember – lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer.”
Visit our store now before the sale ends!

Nabarro isn’t the only scientist opposing lockdowns.

A number of medical or public health scientists and medical practitioners have signed the Great Barrington Declaration, which states that “current lockdown policies are producing devastating effects on short and long-term public health.”

The signatories include: “Dr. Martin Kulldorff, professor of medicine at Harvard University and a biostatistician, and epidemiologist with expertise in detecting and monitoring of infectious disease outbreaks and vaccine safety evaluations, Dr. Sunetra Gupta, professor at Oxford University, an epidemiologist with expertise in immunology, vaccine development, and mathematical modeling of infectious diseases, and Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, professor at Stanford University Medical School, a physician, epidemiologist, health economist, and public health policy expert focusing on infectious diseases and vulnerable populations.”

“The most compassionate approach that balances the risks and benefits of reaching herd immunity, is to allow those who are at minimal risk of death to live their lives normally to build up immunity to the virus through natural infection, while better protecting those who are at highest risk,” the declaration states.

With few exceptions, world leaders followed in the footsteps of the Chinese communist regime when responding to the outbreak of the virus, imposing unprecedented lockdowns. Sweden, which did not impose a lockdown, did not experience an adverse outcome compared to some locales and nations that did.

In the United States, President Donald Trump delegated the decisions on lockdown measures to the governors of individual states, but has pushed for the economy to be reopened, and lockdowns lifted.

As William Anderson recently wrote for The Mises Institute, lockdowns only serve the progressive political class…

We have to understand that the political classes and their media have a vested interest in the lockdown status quo, and that includes regular provision of what only can be called disinformation. The mainstream media this past summer dutifully reported a highly questionable (I use that term charitably) report that the Sturgis Bike Rally in South Dakota led to more than a quarter million covid infections and more than $12 billion of medical costs. It should have been obvious on its face that the report was deeply flawed, yet in their desire to fuel the covid-is-killing-us narrative, journalists took this too-good-to-be-true story and ran with it.

As for politicians, the covid crisis has been a godsend for those governmental executives and bureaucrats who see constitutional restrictions that limit their authority as mere obstacles to be easily swept away. Governors such as Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan, Andrew Cuomo of New York, Gavin Newsom of California, and Tom Wolfe of Pennsylvania have received adoring coverage in the media for seizing and employing dictatorial powers, Whitmer even unilaterally deciding that the sale of garden seeds in stores was illegal. Cuomo’s decision to force the housing of covid-19 patients in nursing homes led to the deaths of thousands of people, yet his national media coverage is uniformly positive.

Contrast the affirmative news coverage of Cuomo with the barrage of media attacks on Governor Kristi Noem of South Dakota. Noem has emphasized personal responsibility and did not attempt mass closures of schools and businesses in the state, and the mainstream media erupted with fury. That South Dakota has come through this pandemic relatively well does not matter with the media, as the only acceptable action (to mainstream and elite journalists) in response to covid is for governors to single-handedly seize power and lock down their citizens.

Keep in mind that the real losses that Americans suffered because of the heavy-handed governmental response to the covid outbreak are permanent. As Robert Higgs so eloquently pointed out in Crisis and Leviathan, governments often create crises or, at the very least, they manipulate events such as natural disasters and use them as opportunities to expand governmental powers. Even after the crises end, governments keep some of their newly self-granted powers—and most people raise little or no concern even when government has curtailed more of their freedoms.

Presumably, this means Joe Biden will now be pushing for lockdowns to be lifted across all blue states?… because he is “listening to the scientists”?

We wonder how long it will be before WHO also urges the end of mask-wearing?

In the end, as Anderson concluded, the only way that the political classes can “make us safe” is for us to do what is necessary to make ourselves safe, or as relatively safe as possible. When a virus is afoot—as is the case most of the time—we do what we can to avoid it and do what we can to treat it. In other words, we appeal to real medical science, not what the political and media classes have cooked up for us.
0 10 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 4 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SinisterEagle, BlazerBear65, Jim, Mr Sandor Kunyik, Tyguy
3823 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums37
Topics16,021
Posts137,899
Members3,823
Most Online69
Dec 14th, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
6,003 We're Back!
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posters(All Time)
airforce 20,888
ConSigCor 18,129
STRATIOTES 12,864
Doktor_Jeep 7,005
SBL 4,317
Lord Vader 3,823
Imagrunt 3,469
tire iron 3,426
The Greywolf 3,150
Hawk45 2,963
Shout Box
Today's Birthdays
2009phoenix, bdcochran, BigBlue, chaos 1991, Flexible Head, Seri, Skid Rowe, Trigger mortis
©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.