11/11/2007 06:54 AM
11/11/2007 06:54 AM
...Irrelevant....
Y
Yankee Canuck Offline OP
Yankee Canuck  Offline OP
Y
...Irrelevant....
Man, I was just thinking about the flood that you guys had in Grand Forks in 1997, and then how we flooded all the way up into Manitoba.

It got me thinking about how even though I was young, I don't remember hearing ANYTHING about the breakdown of civil order during that incident.

From there, I started thinking about New Orleans.

What was the difference between how both situations developed, and why New Orleans was worse? I was thinking it was because New Orleans was totally unprepared, and they were a much denser metropolis. I might be totally wrong though, or maybe there's a lot more (or lot less) to the ordeal. What are you're guys thoughts?

Jews of the Preservation of Firearms Ownership. Check it out:
http://www.jpfo.org/
Re: Grand Forks vs. New Orleans #99161
11/11/2007 10:20 AM
11/11/2007 10:20 AM
Tennessee
Hawk45 Offline
Moderator Officer Contributor
Hawk45  Offline
Moderator Officer Contributor
Tennessee
Residents of Grand Forks are the descendants of hardy pioneer stock who are used to depending on no one but themselves.

Majority of the population of New Orleans are dependant on the Gov even in good times! When given a chance to evacuate on school busses the Mayor complained they were NOT good enough. Thusly they were left to sit and get ruined. The population that went to the Dome acted like animals.

If I were forced to choose between these two cities to live in, well lets just say I would get used to the snow! And YES I have been to both cities! I USED to love to go to New Orleans regularly, but haven't for over 10 years now. I also do NOT go to either Atlanta of Memphis for pretty much the same reason. Heck if it were not for the gunshows I wouldn't even make the drive to Nashville and its only 35 miles away.

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.