When I build it will be with ICF foam blocks which are filled with rebar and concrete plenty of info and very efficient. It will have a steel roof, Radiant heat with an outdoor wood boiler system as well as a gas backup. The gas generators have really gone down that even if it was not in the budget I would plan on it and make sure the box is set up for one to be able to run the food storage equipment and some lights... I also envision a root and wine cellar outside the insulated kept cool by earth. I used to think about it a lot when I was trucking. I even spent a lot of time how a green house could be incorperated and a wall of some sort of stone to store the southern sun to keep it from getting too cold on winter night. It probably would need a backup heat source for our coldest nights here. I would also like a rain catching gutter system that would direct rain water into 55 gallon barrels in the green house. It would also keep it humid in there.

Anyway thats where I am. And I also thought of ways to save and do in stages to be able to do it with saved cash rather than going into debt while doing it and using as much scavenged materials as possible.

S