I have different clothes in different bugout bags depending on season, climate, expected mode of travel ect.

Generally speaking, you go with a layered approach, clothes with no visible readable labels or slogans on the outside, I am also partial to new or like new clothes for this, so as to not be mistaken as a bum. Figure you could go a few days without the clothes being washed, so colors matching the dirt in your environment might be more functional.

A lot of times, durable vs lightweight seems to be the big issue. Some of my bugout stuff is lightweight, but not particularly durable. The plan on some socks and underwear in certain bugout kits is to simply throw them away when they get dirty. Same with some T shirts.

Carhartt cargo pants are probably the best of the best for retreat and rough travel wear, just twice as bulky as other clothes that you would want to carry in a backpack. The shrinkage issue can mess up the fit and restrict your movement in them for combat purposes, but your mileage may vary. A lot of the homeless people around here seem to consider Carhartts to be a fashion statement, as the color of their orange/tan is quasi-camoflage and the clothes are durable enough to sit on the ground a lot in, which they seem to do a lot of.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.