yea we get plenty wind here... 460w? It could be just not enough wattage and storage, to keep up with the needs and fridges are notorious for burning out compressors that are under powered. What was the amount of wattage and amps used by the fridge... Is the fridge a newer one with circuit board controls, famous for surges and drops burning out boards.

Remember not only do you have to have more than the normal pull of wattage and amps, you need enough for start up of the compressor..

Which will draw well above normal running wattage and amps.

two 600's will do nicely, but figure your total wattage and amp usage.

I would rather have more then needed then the other way.

I don't know what kinda fridge you were running,but it sounds like you were under powered for the fridge. Mine between 54 and 62.5 amps at start up and it pulls on start up about 800 watts. It could be something else though.

All of you guys must remember that your total usage of each item you plug in, must be accounted for in you system.

or at least you must plug and unplug to remain below maximum usage.

I try to never pull much energy so much that draining the batteries faster then they can recharge.

If your using it as just back up and not complete smaller wattage is all you need, just enough to run emergency food and water supplies. but you still have to take start up draw into consideration. Some items don't like drops in power

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf