There are organic sprays. One bout with bugs and fungus will have you re-thinking all of that "natural" stuff about not using any sprays at all. I have a small orchard of ruined apple trees down in Southern Oregon as testament to the lazy excuses for not spraying having something to do with being "more natural".

Fruit trees used to come with a saying "it is an investment to take care of your grandkids". A pretty good one at that. You are unlikely to see a whole lot of benefit from it in the first decade, but cultivated right, fruit trees can vastly benefit later generations.

There is a farming area I visit in Washington state from time to time and it is easy to spot the active Apple farms from the less active ones which have been going downhill for lack of labor. The less active orchards though can be revived if someone sprays and works them, but when not active, the apples just grow, fall and rot. If they go too long though, that fungus sets in. I have a pear tree in the back yard I did not get around to spraying in time and it went a few years, the problem here being that it is so wet that you can't get the spray on and to stay on in the right season to do it because the rain is so constant at the same time.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.