Originally posted by Total Resistance:
The real problem is that NORTHCOM exists.

We are not to be under any military command.
By and large, we just don't see a lot of abuse of civilians coming from the military, so the idea of the military being in charge of something in disasters is not going to get me as rankled as when some mayor or governor out somewhere says he is ordering his police and military support people to start rounding up guns.

I have never heard any senior military officer (actually nobody ever above the rank of maybe permanent E-6) state that he would support a gun roundup order of any sort. Now ask that same question of law enforcement, judges and any other State to federal level "Justice" professionals.

Same goes for all of this stuff about people saying military tribunals are supposed to be so much worse than the current status quo. I mean really, who is dreaming what if they think the regular civilian authorities are not already torturing, extorting, and blackmailing their way into their 98% conviction rates based largely on defeating people's will and getting them to plea bargain?

You can make at least some level of ethical argument to the military officer on that level of whether or not he is upholding anybody's constitutional rights, but the civilian federal agent will probably just laugh in your face and a civilian judge will not even think you are worth the time to listen to as a joke.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.