Cease fire.

I've seen good cops. I'm pretty sure I even used to be one. You just don't hear about them, especially in this forum.

There's also a lot of bad ones. Most of them, you don't hear about either. They're the cops who sit in their cars outside a convenience store in a bad part of town and issue tickets for jaywalking.

(You don't see them ticketing suits jaywalking in front of City Hall, do you? The tickets are really for "walking while black." And I watched a cop do that here in Tulsa just a few days ago. The guys who got the tickets were shaking their heads and laughing at the silliness of it all. I was shaking my head, but I wasn't laughing.)

It's true that it's becoming harder to be a good cop these days, and a whole lot easier to be a bad one. But if you want to blame someone, I'd start with all those suits jaywalking in front of City Hall I talked about earlier. The late Senator Tip O'Neill once famously said that "all politics is local."

Well, so is all tyranny. Those guys in City Hall know exactly what their cops are doing, and they're fine with it. If you want to clean things up, I'd suggest starting there. Get control of the city council and the mayor's office and clean up the police force.

In other words, instead of sitting in front of your computer bitching at the cops, get out and do something about it.

And quit sniping at each other. We have more important things to do.

Onward and upward,
airforce